Very anxious about tomorrow

Hello , not sure anyone can help me so probably just looking for reassurance
Last night I found 2 hard lumps in my left breast one is pretty large, I’m 37

I texted a friend who had a mastectomy last week asking her for advice as they don’t hurt and she made me book a gp appt which I’ve got tomorrow at 10 am tomorrow which isn’t that far away .

I had a bath tonight and there’s yellow crusty discharge on the nipple that looks a little like colostrum ( I stopped BF 18 months ago) it’s only one side .
My hubby isn’t really concerned and I’m trying to act normal , I kinda wish I could just get a diagnosis … I’m also worried gp may say don’t worry just go home and won’t send me for a screening …

I probably sound daft but I’m actually unbelievable obsessing !! X

Helena x

hi helena,
You’ve absolutely done the right thing by getting a gp appointment & you dont sound daft at all!
It is normal practice for referral to the breast clinic as only the clinic can get to the bottom of what it is, so your gp should refer, just make it clear that is what you want if there is any doubt.
Most lumps or breast changes turn out to be nothing serious.
ann x

Helena

Well first of all hello one Helena from another Helena xx  Honestly that is my name.

I know this is not a forum you would want to be on, but you are in safe hands here with all these lovely ladies who will support you through this.  There are a lot of breast conditions that are not cancerous so try and keep that in mind.

You do not sound daft at all we all know what it is like, the waiting is the worst part of it, please avoid googling your symptoms generally as there is a lot of outdated and misinformation on there.

Let us know how you get on tomorrow xxx

Helena xxxx

Thanks ladies for the encouragement!
And Helena , Helena is a great name he he !

I guess I’m just looking for “google” to give me the answer and tell me , I also feel like it’s all around me , adverts on TV, friends etc …

I am just worried cos it feels hard , and quite big …going to see what GP does anyway

I know my hormones are all weird as well as I’ve been having a period for 8 weeks ( no idea why)

Last year I had a really large lump removed off my leg, luckily benign but I went through months of waiting etc . Guess it is the same for all ladies and I am no different but I’m so impatient xx

Thanks for the support

Hello again , just having some bloods at the GPs and the dr could find 2 lumps, one bigger than the other but she said it could be lots of things , which then got me wondering what other things could it be and if it’s something else then do you have stuff removed again …

Anyways I’ve got to wait for a breast clinic appointment to come through so a few weeks of waiting I guess

Thanks for the support so far everyone

Helena xx

So I’m not going to lie , my mind is going barmy worry and I’ve kept myself super busy all day , the letter from hospital came today and it was from the urgent referral secretary which made me wonder…
I do keep telling myself it’s nothing but I’m also starting to out all my other ailments together, I have been having a numb left arm for months , then weird ticks in my fingers which I have no control over - has anyone experienced this ?
Maybe it’s anxiety but I can just feel my heart constantly beating and getting pains in my right abdomen as well … it’s probably me being silly and I’m sorry to those ladies going through tough times if I sound like a ninny ! Anyway hopefully Monday I’ll get some clarity xx

Hugs to you all

Helena - you are so kind and I do appreciate you responding … it’s lovely to know someone is listening … especially when you’ve gone through so much yourself…

I know I just gotta get through tomorrow … I was doing pretty well until my silly arm started tingling and I was having numbness etc

It’s really funny as I am so mithered and not wanting to tell people as there’s no point as it’ll hopefully be just some extra maltesers that I ate at Xmas that got stuck ha ha …

I think it’s all raw as I lost my mums twin ( uncle) recently to myeloma which wasn’t treatable and have a friend who just had a mastectomy and has started radiotherapy I feel guilty for worrying about a silly hospital appt.

Think I’ll eat an egg custard now and try and get some sleep x
Helena

UPDATE :

Hello lovelies, Helena especially :slight_smile:

I went to the hopsital today and was looked after, they were great , saw me quickly, did a mamogram and ultrasound and saw the consultant in 2 hours.

Anyways, the great news is they thinks its normal tissue, just hormones making things go hard, but nothing sinister. He was also very reassuring as said I must come back if Im ever concerned or the lumps change or dont go over time…it really was great to see the NHS at its best…

So, what a great result and relief for me and thankyou so much for those who took the time out to speak to me, it was a very scary few days and I wish you all that are suffering with anything speedy recoveries and get well vibes.

Thankyou all mwah Helena xxxx