Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very worried

8 REPLIES 8
Lizzy_BCC

Re: Very worried

Dear Jinny,

Thank you for letting us know this very sad news, our condolences to you all and her family.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy

Digital Community Assistant 

jinny2611

Nay had sadly passed away we became friends on this site and got digonsed near enough same time I hate cancer it sucks x

KathyJ

Hi,

I just discovered this website and read your post.  I hope you are doing well.  I can share one resource:  There is a video series about cancer treatment that is very information.  It is called "The Truth About Cancer".  I learned a lot so wanted to share with you.  It is fascinating the various ways that people are treating cancer naturally.

Love, K

Isobel

Hi Jeannie, Have been reading some of your posts this morning, and wanted to send you a PM, re medical negligence. Can't work out how to do it though. Maybe someone can help?

Thanks, Isobel x

Jeannie51

Hi Nay. I've just popped in tonight - haven't been on for a long time. I'm a stage 3b BC lady and I remember my panic. I didn't think I had a future. I'm nine years on and my health is good. If I had any advice to give it would be to look after yourself, do happy things with your little girl and don't think too far ahead. You will conquer! Jeannie51

Nay212000

Thanks for the support busyanne, it's just the not knowing that does your head in and I hate feeling out of control xx
busyanne

Hi Nay212000, sometimes its hard when the medics dont tell us what we want to hear.  Also it is not always in your best interest to be given information which is not accurate due to waiting to see what the outcome of treatment is.  It is a very hard time for you and especially as you have a young child.  But my experience is that the medics know what they are doing and they will do their very best for you.  It is treatable and that is something to hang on to.  Stay calm or as much as you can.  Speak to your BC nurse and they will tell you all you need to know.  Take care Anne

Janet_BCC

Hi Nay212000

It sounds as though you are going through a really tough time at the moment. 

You might find it helpful to give our helpline a call to talk things over.  They will be able to offer you practical information and emotional support.  They are open from 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000.

Take care

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Nay212000

Very worried

Hi, I have locally advanced breast cancer stage 3. I first noticed the lump under my arm which grew to 11 x 8 cm in size (it was like a very large golf ball under my arm) after examinations, mama gram, CT, MRI and ultra sounds they also found a lump in my breast and 4 in lymph nodes 2 above and 2 below my collar bone. I have since gone through 6 rounds of chemo, the first 3 (FEC) started to shrink the mass under my arm but the one in my breast grew but started to shrink after the 3 rounds of T. I'm having a mx and auxiliary clearance on the 18th of August (terrified) followed by 5 weeks of rads then on to hormone tabs. However they have told me that they can't operate and remove the cancer from the lymph nodes near my collar bone. They have said that they are hoping with the chemo shrinkage and rads to eradicate what's left I'm so very scared that it will come back, (they have said that I'm high risk due to this and my age (35) ) and what if it doesn't work what happens then. My oncologist isn't telling me much just let's just do the procedures and see where we are then, not helping me.

I feel like crying all the time, can't believe this is happening to me. Got to go for gene testing as my gran and my mum had it young (post menopause) and I have a little girl (6) I worry for what might be in her future 😞

Sorry for the rant, and thanks in advance for your support, Nay xx