Vest tops from Primark

Howdy

Today I bought a load of vest tops from Primark, that have padded support in them. I have taken out the underwires, and they are really comfortable… best of all, they make it look like I have a proper cleavage back!! (and they’re only £4 each)

As I have had bilateral reconstruction, this pleases me a lot… I’ve felt quite down about my body image, so the padded bits are a bonus… it makes it look like I have a proper bosom!!

Just thought I’d pass on the details in case anyone was looking for support vests… M&S also do them, and whilst they feel very soft and are really comfortable, they’re £8 each… double the price of Primark’s!

Thanks
J xxx

I’ve bought them in black and in white. Spotted them in Primark in Belfast whilst away for the weekend. Have been back to my Newcastle branch and bought a few. They only seemed to do the black and white though. Was hoping they might do some other colours as well. They are fab for me, because my left breast reconstruction is a little bit sunken in because of an initial infection and losing a patch of skin. Having said that still got a cleavage of sorts, and those Primark tops make them look brill. They also look great under anything lacey or see-throughy. It’s lovely when something as simple as a £4 vest can make you feel totally different about the way we see ourselves.

A personal question I know, but are you happy with your reconstruction. I had bilateral reconstruction as well, but as I say because of problems one isn’t really as it could be. Also I have put on about half a stone or more, and I have put weight on above the implant, so I have a slight creasing effect. It’s not noticeable in a bra, but obviously out of a bra, I struggle with body image as well.

Julie x

For those with a prosthesis, Peacocks have a lovely shoestring strapped vest with pretty elasticated V that clings to your chest when you lean over, not revealing anything. thay come in packs of 2 and are £6. They have brown/orange black/green and I think white/blue.
Sue

Thank you all for sharing this information. I also lost quite a loty of my reconstructed breast due to an infection and i struggle with tops to wear. I’ll definitely be visiting Peacocks and Primark soon.