Vitamin E and hot flushes

Hi has anyone used or heard if vitamin e helps alleviate the symptoms of menopause?

hi
when I went through my menopause I took large doses of vitamin E and deinately helped with the hot flushes.I am now on leterozole and have hot flushes but have not taken vitamin E as not sure how it will react with the hormone therapy.I am planning to try acuapuncture to see how that helps.

my acupuncturist is currently helping me with energy levels after radiation. he says he treats lots of people to help with hot flushes and has good results. but you do need a properly registered one rather than someone who has just been on a few courses.

Hi all.
I’ve been taking Menopace Sage tablets which are supposed to help with hot flushes and sweats. I think they must work as I ran out a couple of days ago and the sweats have been worse. I also take a high strength evening primrose oil supplement and a low dose of Citalopram which is supposed to help with the flushes too. Mentioned to my doc about people saying the Citalopram was good for hot flushes. She prescribed something different which is usually prescribed fir high blood pressure but also reduces hot flushes. I’ve not taken them as my BP is usually quite low so I was a bit worried and the flushes weren’t too bad. I’m also going to have acupuncture as that’s supposed to help too.
Polly x

I think the blood pressure tablets may be Vaso Dilators which Ninja recommended to me, but can’t take them until all treatment complete (apart from Tamoxifen that is)

I’ve been taking Citalopram since diagnosis anyway due to feeling very numb (had a LOT of stuff happen before BC diag) and that didn’t stop me getting hot flushes.

I’ve also been on Vitamin E since diag too as I read it could help recurrence wise. And Omega 3 and Vitamin D for bones.