WHAT HAVE I GOT?

Hi I had a mamogram, a small lump was seen, removed & also 1 node. Lump was clear as was the node, but I have been told I need to take Tamoxfen and have 3 weeks of radiotherapy. I have no idea what type of cancer I had/have (do you say had or have?) I assume I have oestrogen + receptors as that is why I have been given Tamoxifen? Everyone else that writes on here seems to know what type they have or had. I do know that it was a grade 2, I think?
Can anyone help? I have left a message with the breast care nurse at the hospital as I assume I should know and be told exactly what it is?

bringing to the top

Jo, Facilitator

Hya, hope you get this sorted, I’m just going through it, been recalled from family history clinic due to calcifications being seen on my new yearly mammo, they have compared it from my last one they they were not on my old one, gottoo have upright stereo core bx lt on Wednesday, I think you should request your reports and see where you go from there, good luck, xxx

Hi totallyconfused,you prob would of either had IDC (invasive ductal cancer) or ILC (invasive lobular cancer).IDC is the most common type.like you I had grade 2 but had vascular invasion and 1 node with cancer cells so had to have chemo.I will be 5 years since diagnosis in September and am well (as far as I know).It is all confusing isnt it,hopefully your BCN can explain things better for you.
Good luck and best wishes Melxx

Thanks - yes, I now know it is IDC

Thanks x