cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLE and SNB today under local

5 REPLIES 5
Kimucoughdrop

Re: WLE and SNB today under local

So relieved I managed the whole without a tracheostomy. I am a bit sore today but not too bad . Blue wee and now green poo. I am pottering. It's ridiculous got over that now worrying about results. 

Botty did you start your chemo on Friday if so how did it go ? 

Bottyboo

Hi Kim. So glad you came to a decision. I missed out on the blue wee/green poo as they knew from ultrasound my lymph node was enlarged and biopsied it at the same time as my lump so booked for clearance straight away.
sonyacheet

Hi
You were very brave to be awake through it. I'm quite squeamish. I couldn't resist at having a look though which would be my downfall.
I still have the green poo and my surgery was Wednesday last week.
Sonya x
haz25a

Hi Kimcoughdrop,

Glad you have had your surgery and that it all went well. I had same as you under General Anaesthetic yesterday. I'm pretty sure my blue wee has gone now, it's quite hard to tell as they had blue toilet cleaner in the hospital toilet and I also have "Loo Blue" in my toilet at home. My boob is a bright shade of blue though and my BCN said it could take up to a year to fade!

The joys, eh?

Take care of yourself.

Hazel. x

Charys
Community Champion

Crikey, that was quick! I'm sure your post about the trache was only a day or so ago. I'm pleased for you that you made the decision and it all worked out so well for you, so much better than clearly they anticipated. How did they ventilate, with a face mask to help? I would actually like to watch a surgery, and watching my own wouldn't bother me, could you see anything or did you shut your eyes? 

The blue wee lasted 3 days for me, but getting paler and paler. You might do a green poo if you are really lucky! Oh and don't be surprised if the end of your booby stays a bit blue....mine has weeks later.....and the radiographer told me it could take 9 months to go?!?! 

Well done you!!!! 

Kimucoughdrop

WLE and SNB today under local

I had my WLE and SNB under local today . The surgeons wanted to do it with a tracheotomy and have a reduction manmoplasty at the same time. I just got so scared about the tracheostomy I opted for local yesterday. I have a narrow airway due to thyroid cancer treatment. They even had a bed booked for intensive care today as the thought I may need an emergency tracheotomy with local . But I was fine awake all the way through they even let me listen to Adele with headphones. I came home this afternoon and am so glad the first hurdle is over with . I know results may lead to a lot more so am hoping I get some good news there. It's so lovely to get the lump gone, I kept feeling it and was convinced it was growing everyday. I have only taken paracetamol and I am not in much pain at all. I have started the blue wee though, his long does this last? X