WLE or Mastectomy?

Hi everyone… I’m after advice, I have an appointment next week to see surgeon about removing DCIS. I also have some areas of calcification which they have been unable to get sample from after two attempts. So my question is if I am offered a WLE can I override it and choose to have a mastectomy? As I am concerned about the unbiopsied area and would feel “safer” (I think).

Nothing to stop you expressing your views, explaining your concerns and asking for a mastectomy.  After all a consultation with any expert is a two-way process.   Why not ask and see what the consultant says and take it from there?

Best wishes for you appointment.

Hi Hattie
Check my post dated 15.4. As I said I too had a large area of DCIS 50 mm with other surrounding areas , I was adamant from the beginning it was a mastectomy for me. I returned a couple of weeks ago for final results and was told I had made the right decision as other areas also contained DCIS. Like you I was worried about the “other bits” and for me I wanted piece of mind, remember to listen to the professionals but it is your body and have to be comfortable with your decision ,
Good luck with whatever you choose.
Podge x