Wait time for WLE

Hi ladies ( and gents, don’t want to be stereotypical!), diagnosed on Monday, invasive ductal. Been told up to 31 day wait for surgery. Just wondering on average how long people wait after diagnosis.
Stay strong everyone.

Hi jaqrl, welcome to the BCC forums
Along with the shared support and experiences you will find here from your fellow users, our helpliners are on hand with further practical and emotional support. Lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000 so please feel free to call

Here’s a link to further information and support ideas from BCC which I hope you will find helpful:

breastcancercare.org.uk/diagnosis

Take care
Lucy BCC

Hi Jaqri and welcome. I was diagnosed with invasive lobular cancer on November 14th and having my WLE (or mastectomy depending on mri results which i get back tomorrow ) on December 4th which makes a wait of 20 days for me. Love and hugs to all, Dee

Hi Jaqri. I was diagnosed on 18th Nov, and was told the target date for surgery is 23rd Dec. However they told me there would be a 2 week wait for the MRI and that came through within one week, so that may have brought it forward. Hopefully will get more definite information next week. So yes, a month+ seems about right xx

Thanks, I was hoping to get this done before christmas, maybe not then, did you have to wait long before you were given the date?

Hi

diagnosed 29.10.2014. Grade 2 and ductal invasive.

I was told at the same time that surgery appt was 12.11.2014.

I had a Wire guided local excision and sentinel node biopsy. 

My follow up appt is Friday so will know more then. 

Hi Jaqrl,
I was diagnosed in late spring and had a 4 week minus 2 days wait for op. They told me the date for the op immediately after they told me about my diagnosis.
Hope things go as well as possible for you Rosemaryanne, and Deedee. Ballyboo - hope your results are good.
Seabreeze (post op and post radio)

Thanks all for replies, just looks I just have to find some patience ( not my strong point). It’s the not being able to plan that’s driving mad more than the diagnosis if I’m honest, Decembers calender fills up fast as it .
Positive vibes to you all xx

Ladies,
I understand your feelings re limbo…if it helps at all try not to worry about not being able to commit to every social function…any reasonable person will understand, whether you’ve told them its a medical appointment, a referral, an op, (treatable) breast cancer or breast cancer. Personally I told all my closish friends by email or text just so I felt I had breathing space plus a bit of understanding re the journey ahead. I appreciate everyone is different but for me, a few months down the line, I know it was the right approach for me.
Hope you are all keeping it together most of the time, and able to talk to those close to you. We are all much stronger than we think!
X seabreeze

Got date today, so sorry about whinging yesterday! 11th dec so feeling very lucky that it’s not too long a wait. I have to say , been impressed with my nhs trust so far, hope it continues.