Waiting .... Scared

Hi folks

I just joined tonight , found a lump in my right breast yesterday . Seen doctor today and he has done a urgent referral to hospital for ultrasound/mammogram/biopsy , should get app tom or friday or at the latest on monday . Im petrified , im 29 years old i have four children , there is strong family history of cancer , mainly female forms of cancer . My cousin at the age of 21 got her womb removed after womb cancer , my aunt died at the age of 34 after bowel cancer, cervical cancer and by end had spread everywhr . My other aunt had breast cancer and lymphoma .(survived) my gran had breast cancer 5 years ago. My mother , her sister and her mother all had full hysterectomys after phybroids in the womb and also had cancer cells . Im so so scared and i have no clue what is about to happen to me , i dont know what to expect from the appointments , whats going to happen how long its going to take . I feel like im going out my mind . Any helpful advice and support would be much appreciated .

Thankyou
Suzanne
Xx

Hi Suzanne

I’m sorry to read that you are having a pretty tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Thankyou sam . I may just do that today .

Thankyou

Crap!!! Just goti the phonecall … Ive to go in on monday at 8.40am … Feel sick :frowning: my husband is in the army has been fr 12 yrs now … I really hope he gets home ti take me xxx

Hi Suzanne I completely understand how you are feeling its the most scariest thing ever and you will go through all waves of emotion and tears but you were lucky enough to find the lump yourself and act quickly by taking yourself off to see your GP, by doing that you will be seen urgently like you say have family history, my cancer was found on my first ever mamogram so I didnt know I even had it or for how long? But thats a question not even the doctors can answer? So hopefully like with mine, yours will have been caught early and the correct treatment will be given, I had my mamogram firstly which isnt painful just uncomfortable, then my scan and biopsy, the momagram will show doctors exactly where it is in your breast and what size it is? The biopsy wasnt painful at all I had a local anaesthetic and it was a breeze didnt feel a thing, this will determine which kind of cancer ( if any) you have? But you will have to wait for results… and thats the worst part!.. but the main thing is, I know its hard for you but try to keep positive and focused and surround yourself with family and friends and all of us on here to support you, we are all here for you whenever you need us… :slight_smile: stay strong hunny xx big hugs xx

Hi suzanne just seen your post about your appointment thats nice and quick, hope your hubby is home to go with you if not, take someone with you for moral support xx take care xx

Hi joolieboolie

Thanks so much for your kind words … and also for your advice on what may happen . Ur thoughts are very much appreciated . My husband is gettinh home today and is getting to take me in on monday … thank goodness!! … I just cant seem to shift this feeln of depression … I just feel so sad and scared xxx

I know Suzanne and of course you will be feeling sad and depressed, we all have at some point but it does help alot to talk about it, great news your hubby will be home today and be with you on Monday, try to carry on as you would do over the weekend with your family and try not to think about Monday until Monday comes because you dont know what you are dealing with yet, if anything hun take care x x

Thanks again joolie boolie … well tomo is my appointment !! Less than 24 hours away ive tried to keep it out my mind this weekend , dont think I will sleep much tonighy as im feeln the nerves creepin in xxx

Hello again Suzanne you are bound to be nervous I was too when I had my first appointment, but then everyone is I sopose? Im still waiting on my results from biopsy so hoping to recieve a letter for follow up sometime this week hopefully then it will be me feeling nervous!!.. lol… fingers crossed for tomorrow hun and let me know how you get on and you will have your hubby with you too for support which is great. . Take care xx

Thanks hun … heres me bangin on about me and ur waiting for your biopsy results … sorry hun … I hope it is positive mews for u too xxx