367508posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting and hoping...

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Waiting and hoping...

The MRI was ok, if a bit noisy. I actually for the first time didn't have to wait when arriving for an appointment, and the whole thing went rather quickly. As I was face-down and couldn't see a thing I didn't even mind the tight space. So far so good. Now obviously waiting again, I will find out about the results together with the ones from the next surgery around mid-May.

Ha, honestly, I have been wondering about the chemo brain too. Am pretty useless lately...

How did your appointment with the oncologist go?

Take care! x

Oooo a birthday. I hope you get completely spoilt. This is the year to milk it 😉

Yesterday I had some strange things going on with my boob but all behaving today. Swelling must be going as looking a bit dented. Shouldn't be too surprised as it's missing a chunk. Sometimes I wonder if you can get chemo brain pre the chemo?!

Seeing oncologist inthe morning, brought forward a day.

Hope your MRI goes okay. I've had one for another medical condition ( have Crohns disease). I'd imagine it would be very much the same? Noisy and claustrophobic but nowhere near as bad as in your imagination. Then MORE waiting for you?

Take care x

Happy 1 month Dx anniversary to both of us! Time sure is flying...

I am sure the next 2 weeks too will go quickly enough. I started going back to work for a few hours today, this week it's mainly to catch up with my paperwork (before I am off again for the stupid ANC), but that too keeps me distracted.
Am actually not unhappy the surgery isn't any earlier. This way at least I am in decent shape to celebrate my birthday before going under the knife again...

The boob is healing quite nicely I think and it's looking pretty neat too. On Saturday though there was a lot going on internally, weird sensations and a couple of times it felt like someone was stabbing it with huge needles.

Oh, I have got my MRI on Thursday. Not really sure what to expect.
But yet again something to wait for...

Take care xx

Head start - lol!
Stupid ANC! May 1st seems like ages away doesn't it but I am sure it'll come quick enough. Dx was a month ago tomorrow. Time flies when you're having fun....

Hows the boob? I think that there is some internal healing going on with me. Felt very 'spikey' last night. I think its looking good considering.

Am following same treatment plan as you (without the micro met bashing). Chemo to start in about 5 weeks (I think) then followed by rads. Just want to get going with it all. Hard to plan anything isn't it?

Take care and keep smiling xx

Thanks, doggirl!
Your comment about the micro met made me chuckle... 🙂
Good luck for your appointment with the oncologist. What's next for you treatment wise? If it wasn't for the stupid ANC being necessary we probably would start treatment at the same time too. Now you've got a head start. 😉
Keep me posted! x

Sorry you've got to have a bit more surgery but better out than in. A micro met sounds cute and nice. What a load of poop. Good luck with that. Will be thinking of you.

Appointment was okay. 23 mm. Already knew no lymph activity. Found out hormone NEG which was a surprise. I was sure it wouldn't be as there has been dramatic change to my lump during my previous period, it prompted me to go to the GP. Her results not back yet (more waiting!). Nothing else to report really. Oh! Oncologist next Thursday.

Thanks again, everybody!

Finally got the results yesterday.
Tumour ( IDC, 14 mm) was removed with clear margin, but there is evidence of LVI (lymphatic vascular invasion). The lymph node that was removed during surgery showed a micro met. Also the cancer is ER3 and HER neg.
The good news - no more surgery on the boob, the bad news - ANC (axillary node clearance) on May 1, 2012, and after recovery most likely chemo, then rads.
Not exactly what I was hoping for but there it goes... I guess now again I need some time to digest it all and get myself ready for the next step.

doggirl, you're right, I was born in 76, so we are the same age. 🙂
How did your appointment go?

x

Hi Eve

We were diagnosed the same day. I too have had a lumpectomy and SNB. And guessing we are the same age if you were born 1976, unless you are 76!?

I Hope your appt went okay today? Fingers crossed for you (mine tomorrow but already know nodes clear).

Good luck
Xxx

All the best for today, fingers crossed and big hugs to you xx

Thank you, Helen, katytc and she for your messages!

Less than a day now until the appointment. Although I have been sleeping ok so far I fear the next night might not be a good one (like the one before I got my diagnosis)...
It helps knowing there are people out there who understand how I feel. Thanks again, ladies!

And Helen, fingers crossed for your appointment on Monday!

Eve xx

Hiya Eve had the same procedure done as you going back on Monday for my results, agree with you that the waiting time is the worse part keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Helen xx

Wishing you both all the best for your appointments, take care xx

Just wanted to say good luck to both of you.

I was diagnosed three years ago, whilst I had a very young baby, but I'm definitely coming out 'the other side' now.

Lots of love and hugs coming your way xxx

Hi Sharon,
Thank you for your message!
It is an emotional roller coaster ride right now. I am trying to keep it together and be cheerful but it's getting harder, especially at night. 2 more days of waiting ahead...
Good luck for your oncology appointment!
Hugs, Eve

Hi Eve
Sorry you've had to join this club but everyone on here is so supportive.
I agree, the waiting is the worst.
I had mx on 19th march with node clearance, so just 3 weeks post op. Had CT scan last week and am waiting for my first oncology appt tomorrow. Its all a whirlwind.
Try and stay positive when you can and just let it out when you cant.
Good luck to us both on upcomming appts.
hugs, Sharon xx

Waiting and hoping...

Hello!
I found a lump in my left breast 2 months ago. My GP referred me to the breast clinic where on March 8 2012 I had a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy. On March 16 2012 I was diagnosed with BC. On March 27 2012 I had a lumpectomy and sentinel node biopsy.
I am currently recovering from the surgery and waiting for my follow up appointment in 3 days to finally find out whether or not all the cancerous cells have been removed and whether or not the cancer has spread and to find out what comes next treatment wise.
The first weeks were like a crazy haze and very surreal. Now after the surgery it is slowly sinking in. The worst though is the waiting and not knowing... It's a scary place to be...