Thanks Ann. You are so right about Google. I have convinced myself it's the worst because one of the lumps is large. Tried work but had to come home. It's comforting to know there are others out there x
Hi, I'm lying in bed in a state of panic. I can't sleep and keep having panic attacks. Went to clinic today with a lump. Consultant was called in quickly followed by mammogram, ultra sound and biopsy. I have 2 lumps close together, one large and one small. Ultrasound seems clear in armpit. I have results next Wednesday but today the ultra sound doctor said it was very worrying and the consultant said very suspicious. Started talking about surgery and journey ahead - all without biopsy results. I'm terrified. I'm 43 and have 2 children. How to people cope with this wait? I have googled everything. I think I can cope with the treatment and effects as long as the outcome is worth it.
Hi Ann, thank you your reply. I will see what he says when they have looked at it again and considered the family history. Thanks for your support x
I can see what you mean about the ongoing limbo, although the diagnosis is good news, I take it you would rather have it dealt with, I know I would in your position. As timing would not appear to be critical, maybe see what he recommends then take it from there, if you are not happy & are clear about what you want, then a second opinion may be in order.
Hi Ann, thank you for your reassurance. I got results today. Consultant told me I have LCIS. He said it's a case of watch and wait. I told him I wasn't happy with that with my family history, which he wasnt aware of as it was not put in my notes. In light of this he said he would speak to his colleagues and write to me. I feel now in a state if limbo. I've been offered12 monthly mammograms. I really don't know what to think!
sorry you're going through this anxious time & it does sound confusing which doesn't help, but the core biopsy results are crucial to getting the diagnosis. Inevitably, it is the pits waiting for the results, but thankfully you are in the right place to get an answer. Easier said than done, but try not to overthink it before your appointment next week. Let us know what happens,
Hi I'm new to this and glad to find this forum. I'm so confused. Called back after micricalcifications found on mammogram. Fine needle biopsy and results a week later were indeterminate but atypical hyperplasia was mentioned with mucus which may be associated with cancer cells. Another radiologist then said I had LCIS. I had to have a core biopsy yesterday and will get the results next week. I have strong family history of breast cancer but find it confusing with these different comments from different people. One doctor said I have 2 separate suspect areas in one breast. Then another said it was one area that was joined to the other area only for another to confirm it is not joined. Confused and worried!
Thanks for your reply Pathnow, It means a lot to have some support. It's great to have loved ones around but I don't always want to bother them if I am having a wobbly moment. Feeling much better this week but the18th still can't come quick enough. I think because I have always had a good report after my yearly checks I might have relaxed too much, even after the first biospy I thought all will be fine.... After witnessing what my mum went through I would still rather have the biopsies than a watch and wait situation and grateful for BCT for all they have done so far. I hope you don't have to wait too long for your Vacuum biopsy and all will be well. Please let me know how you get on 🙂
Hi EJM60, I am so sorry to hear of your news it sounds like you have had a tough journey with your diagnosis and tests still ongoing. It's easy to say try not to worry as I think a lot of us are programmed to think the worse. I so hope your new tests come back clear so you can start your treatment plan. My heart goes out to you and hope things improve for you soon. Your right we are not alone and as I have found out today the support is here if you need it. xxx
Hi Julie, sorry to hear you are waiting to. This stage seems to be the hardest for me so far. It's only now after having some time off after my op that I have had time to think about it. I am trying to keep the negativie thoughts away and close family are giving me lots of support. I hope all goes well for you on Wedneday and will be thinking of you. Sending you best wishes. Ali
I agree that the waiting is the worst bit. I was recalled after a routine mammogram, had the lump biopsies along with 2 lymph nodes that looked unusual. The 10 days waiting for the results was the worst - I didn't tell many people as thought there was no point everyone worrying. I was ok at work as it took my mind off the situation, but evenings and weekends were awful. Went back to hospital last week to find out the lump is an invasive ductal carcinoma, but the lymph nodes were clear. I felt really calm at that point as I thought I knew what I'd got and how it could be treated. However at this point the consultant mentioned calcifications in both breasts which had never been mentioned before. I now have a MRI on Wednesday and another wait for the results. I'm struggling to eat as my body is in a permanent anxious mode, have been to the gp as was struggling to sleep for more than an hour despite a higher than normal dose of amitriptyline which usually knocks me out. He has added an anti epilepsy drug just for a week and last night I actually slept for 6 hours. I have likened this to having my finger nails pulled out slowly on by one. You have my support and understanding in all of this. Thanks to this forum I have realised that we are not alone..xx
I know how you are feeling. Sometimes the not knowing is worse than getting the news. I have my appointment for second stage screening on Wednesday. Two more sleeps! I am petrified
This is my first time here so please forgive me if I rattle on. I have been on the family screening for the last 10 years due to family history. My mum was diagnosed at the age of 42 and sadley passed away aged 48 (my age now). I am feeling a little anxious as at the begining of August I had a recall after my yearly mammogram. I thought they just wanted to take more pictures as maybe the the last ones were a bit fuzzy but they had found a cluster of microcalcifications and wanted to perform a vacuum core biopsy. The result came back B4 uncertain malignant potential and another vacumm biobsy was scheduled two weeks later. Unfortunately after both biopsies I developed an infection and a golf ball size haematoma. Again unfortunately they had technical difficulties with the second biopsy and only got skin. Because they were still concerned about my first biopsy result and there were still some calcification left in the breast they suggested a wire guided excisional surgical biopsy. The haematoma was a bit of a set back so only had my surgery last week. All the staff at the hospital have been fantastic - from the screening team, radiologist, surgical team and nurses on the day ward, all have been caring and considerate and I am really grateful to be on the screening programme. I have always checked my breasts and never really heard of calcifications until now so this has been a bit of an eye opener. I go back for my results in two weeks. I have tried to keep my emotions in check the last couple of months but the nerves have now started and my positivity has turned to what if.... How have other ladies coped with the waiting? Thank you for listening. Ali 🙂 xxx