Did you mean: 

Waiting for Breast Clinic appointment

14 REPLIES 14
Westie

Re: Waiting for Breast Clinic appointment

Very treatablenit adult 😂X
Westie

Sorry Irina got mixed up between yours and strudels appointments!
Strudel how did it go?
They said that they had to do a core biopsy as it wasn't a fluid filled lump, it was a solid lump. Luckily the scan and mammogram showed that the only area of concern was the lump, so even worse case scenario it should be adult treatable.

The people at the breast clinic were amazing, very supportive and caring. The nurse even held my hand when they did the biopsy as I got a little upset.

Good luck for Thursday Irina xx
Irina68

Hi Kelly

Sorry to hear that you have to wait another 2 weeks. Did they say why they needed to do a core biopsy. I don't know much about these procedures, but I'm sure it is in your best interests, and to make sure everything is checked, it doesn't necessarily mean that you have breast cancer. The waiting for another 2 weeks is going to be a bit anxious for you, try and put it out of your mind, keep busy and be good to yourself. Try not to google, because you will drive yourself mad and just stress yourself out.

My appointment is for Thursday afternoon at 4 o'clock. Not looking forward to it, but at the same time will be glad when it's done. The way I look at it,  if there is anything wrong, it's best I know now and not month's down the line, and get it sorted out asap. I had to wait over 2 weeks before they would give me a referral,saying that there was nothing wrong as they couldn't feel any lumps, but they can't see inside the breast, so the doubt set in. Sending big hugsxxx

Westie

How did your appointment go Irina? I had a mammogram, scan and a core needle biopsy so have to wait another 2 weeks for my results 😢Xx
Westie

Thank you xxx
Irina68

The very best wished for Westie and Strudel tomorrow, I 'll be thinking of you both. Let us know how you get on, I'm sure you will both have a good outcome. Sending Hugsxx

Westie

Will be thinking of you too! Good luck xxx
Strudel

I'm half an hour after you, will be thinking of you on the drive there, good luck and check back in when you feel like it xx

Westie

Thank you Strudel! It's been a hell of a couple of weeks hasn't it!!
My appointment is at 9.40am. I feel a bit like you too if I'm honest, don't actually want to go now 😞
Please let me know how you get on, wishing you all the luck in the world too xxx
Strudel

Hi Westie. My appointment is on Monday too and like you I just can't shake that deep seated fear that this isn't going to go my way. I got referred the day after you I have lived every second of this two week weight at least ten times - how the heck has time dragged so slowly?  Now that I'm nearly there I don't want to go at all. I just want to wish you all the luck in the world, the odds are are on your side. Hope you've got an earlyish appointment X 

Westie

Thanks Irina. Will be thinking of you on Thursday xx
Irina68

Hi Kelly, good luck on Monday, the waiting can be very anxious, we always think the worst scenario. Most referrals prove to benign, hang on to that.

My appointment is Thursday and I'm trying hard not to dwell on it, keeping busy. It is when I wake up in the night that my mind starts doubting. The best to youxx

Westie

Hi Ann,
Thank you for your response. I keep telling myself all will be fine and that there's only the tiniest chance of it being anything horrible but the overriding sense of fear keeps taking over.
This forum has been a fab find as I can see that it's normal to feel like this, at one point I thought I was going insane!
I hope that you are well. Thank you again, I will let you know on Monday x
ann-m
Community Champion

hi kelly,
waiting for appointments is the worst, but you will get through it. Inevitably, the anxiety means we can think the worst, but mostly all turns but to be well. Even if it is more serious, thankfully you're in the right place to get it sorted & bc is very treatable, as so many of us now realise who've been through it.
let us know what happens
ann x
Westie

Waiting for Breast Clinic appointment

I found a lump in my breast on 31st October, saw the doctor on the same day who referred me for an emergency breast clinic appointment.
My appointment isn't until Monday, exactly 14 days after my initial appointment, I am sick with worry! I'm normally the most level headed person who very rarely stresses but this has knocked me for 6!
I have this really horrible gut feeling that it's going to be the worst possible news, cannot shake it!
Kelly x