Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for SLNB results

5 REPLIES 5
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Waiting for SLNB results

Hi Cheryl 17 I'm glad you found the procedure painless & went ok, I cannot find our previous posts prior to your surgery. I had my results yesterday, clear nodes and clear margins. Started on tamoxifen yesterday and waiting radiotherapy in Jan. Hope everything goes well for you and the other ladies on this thread - Good luck & hugs

Dear Cheryl17
I am pleased to hear the procedure went better than you had expected. Its another step behind you. The internet can be informative at times and yet also like being hit by a bus at other times. I'm making a conscious effort to stop looking for answers that I can only have when I get my results. I too am waiting results next Monday so my thoughts are with you whilst we unite and walk together in the world of waiting. xxx

That is great news lulubel. The waiting is so hard. Do you have to have any further treatment or medication?

Had my results re sentinel node biopsy two days ago/ The results were good. No spread at all. Hope all goes well for you too. I also had my lump removed at the same time, which also has caused me no problems or pain at all. I know it was a small lump compared to others here, and I was lucky it was just above the nipple so the cut missed it, but there was so little pain in that area afterwards it was quite unbelievable. Had the op on the 9th. Last bit of the scab fallen away today and scar can hardly be seen, even now at this early stage.

Lulu

When I had my SNB the surgeon removed 5 - the nodes are in layers and it depends on how many there are in the first layer - you may only have had the one. Watch out with the pain killers - they can lead to constipation. Hope you get good results next week - don't forget to post up and let us all know. xx

Waiting for SLNB results

Thanks to everyone who supported me through going for a SLNB procedure, as you know I was really scared due to reading silly American websites. I had the procedure yesterday and NO pain at all.
The tracer injection was put in at midday and it was less pain than the stereotactic core biopsy local anaesthetic injection and that was only a pain rating of 1. The blue dye was put in during the general anaesthetic. Spent the night in hospital as the operation didn't get started until after 6pm. Home yesterday feeling a little sore but that is because I forgot to take the paracetamols. Now the wait begins...7 more days to go. The consultant said he only removed 1 node, not sure if this is good or bad....anybody else with similar experiences? Big hugs for everyone xxxx