Waiting for Test Results

Hi All.

On 25 May I was diagnoised with breast cacer. It was so strange, as I hadn’t detected any symptons nor had my GP.

The consultant also couldn’t feel anything, but after biopsy, mamagram and ultrasound they found it, about 2cm and spread to my lympth nodes (under arm). I’m tormented by the fact I didn’t find it earlier.

I had MRI SCAN, and following day a WLE and all LN’S removed.

Back on 10th for results, but terrified it’s spread somewhere else.

I also have celebral palsy on my right side of body whih also gives me additional aches and pains.

Can anyone help with advice?

Thanks for listening everyone.

Dotty2 xx

Hi Dotty2

Welcome to the forums, you’ve come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of knowledge between them.

Whilst waiting for replies you may find it useful to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000, opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 – 2.00.

best wishes
June, moderator

Hi Dotty

Please do not torment yourself. My consultant told me that normally tumours that are not found through screening are about 2.5 cm before the woman notices them herself. Yours is smaller than that. Focus on the fact that it was found and now it has gone and is out of your body.

Waiting for results is very hard. Let yourself recover from the operation and talk to your bcn about the concerns you have, that is what they are there for or phone the help line, they are very good. Please ask more questions if you have any, there is a wealth of experience on here and I am sure there are lots of women who were diagnosed with no symptoms- but I think in a way that is what screening is for.

Good luck with your results and treatment. Debx

Hi Dotty2
So very sorry you have had to join us, but you will find us a very friendly bunch of ladies, with lots of answers to any questions you may have.
My lump was found via a mammogram, l had always checked my breasts, and wonder how l had missed the ‘thickening’ the doctor said he could feel no swelling in the lymph nodes, the ultra sound man said he couldn’t see any signs of swelling in the nodes, and he said he was very confident my nodes were clear, l was there when he sent a letter to my surgeon telling him this.
I first had a lumpectomy and aux clearance, when the results came back l was shocked to find it had spread to quite a few nodes, they hadn’t got enough of a margin, so back again for another op, this again failed and had a mastectomy, from going from a small lump with no nodes, to a mx and lots of nodes, left me shocked and angry with myself for not noticing anything, but looking back l remember when l was called back for the mammogram l felt and decided they must have made a mistake as l couldn’t feel anything, the thickening was under a scar l had from a benign lump many years ago. I try not to beat myself up any more! just feel lucky it was found when it was!
I have had a mri and bone scan and at this moment l have no spread, l am due to start my chemo in a week or so.
I hope your results are not as bad as you think, as soon as you get a treatment plan you will cope with the worrying so much better, it is all the waiting for results, it seems never ending, but reading these threads you will see a lot of ladies come on here really worried, and frightened, but as time goes on they cope with the help of all the ladies, who are always here for support 24/7
Let us know how you get on when you go back on the 10th
Good Luck
Sandra xxx

Hello,

Thanks for your advice.

Will be positive about my results, and will now try and keep calm.

Off to the hairdressers, as am unablw to wash my hair myself after the WLE, so hopefully I’ll feel better.

Dotty2 XX

Hi All,

Just had my results back from my surgery last week which was a WLE and Nodes removed. (Primary)

No good news 20/22 lymph nodes were affected. BCN said it’s likely the cells have spread. Bone, lung and liver scan on Thursday, with results on Monday.

BCN said she rarely sees cases like this,

I’ve had pains in my legs for a few weeks, but also have celebral palsey which causes joint problems. Scared the cancer has spread to the bones.

Can anyone offer me any hope/encouragement. I feel I’m in a blackhole with no way out. I’can’t stop crying and am feeling so low.

Dotty xx

Hi Dotty

So sorry it was not better news today. Just want to give you a hug now. I do know that there are other ladies on here that have had lots of nodes involved and they had clear scans. Wishing you the best of luck. debx

I don’t think your BCN should have told you that it is likely to have spread if she doesn’t normally see cases like yours. Every case is different and everyone attributes their pains to spread before a proper diagnosis. It may well have been caught in time and to save your sanity, maybe you can imagine that it has been, unless found otherwise. Easy to say but hard to do, I know. I truly hope the scans are clear.

Good luck.

Ann xxx

Hi,

Just had my results from bone and CT scans, and all clear!

I know I’ve got a long way to go, but at least it’s a positive step.

Thank you all for your love, best wishes and support.

Dotty2 xx

Dotty - I am so pleased for you. I think I would complain about that BCN if it were me - but then you have other things on your mind at present, I know.

Good luck with your treatment. Let us know how you are getting on, if you feel like it.

Ann xxx

Hi Dotty,
Surprised your bcn said it has probably spread! how strange, cannot imagine mine saying that, complete the opposite when l was told l had lymph nodes involved, she told me there were lots of women with lymph nodes involved, doesn’t mean it has spread!

And for her to say she rarely sees cases like this? How odd!

My friend had 20 lymph nodes involved and that was 10 years ago, and she working hard and hoping to retire very soon!!

Take care
Sandra xxx

really pleased for you with your clear scan results such great postive news .remember everyone is different and now you can concentrate on being well and beating this keeping strong for your treatment instead of if it has spread eleswhere xxx big hugs Love Julie

Hi Dotty

Really pleased for you. Remember to enjoy the good news on this roller coaster. dx