Waiting for appointment but so worried

Hi everyone. I’ve been reading all these threads since Thursday night, and it’s so reassuring but I’m also still very worried about going to the breast clinic. I was at the doctors on Wednesday morning. But for the last 6 ish weeks I have been having breast pains and have just thought it was muscular. I have been examining my breasts every day or so for weeks now- and all felt ok. Just heavyish. But Tuesday night I felt a small lump on my left breast, and couldn’t sleep all night so when straight to the doctors in the morning. Well he could feel it too and said nothing to worry about but I’m going to refer you to the breast clinic because I’m not sure what it is. Well since then I’ve been going out of my mind with worry. I have a 3&1/2 yr old daughter and couldn’t imagine if something bad was to happen to me. I’m a wreck, not talked to anyone about it as they don’t understand when all they say is it’s probably nothing. But you are going insane in the membrane because you just want to know!! My doctor said I would get a letter in about 4-5 weeks!!! I’m not sure I can wait that long!! I have a Holliday booked for 29th August and I don’t want to get one while I will be away and don’t want to have to wait longer for another appointment. (I live in Scotland) I have seen most people’s appointments have been within 2-3 weeks. So fingers crossed!

I also wondered if anyone has a lump that they can feel straight away without a bra… And then when the bra is on its not an on the surface lump?! But can still feel it.
Omg I have rabbited on a bit here! Just needed to vent a bit, as I don’t wanna bother my mum with it, she might think I was being a bit of a hypochondriac! I’m 26 and my dad died of brain tumour and his sister of bc that spread all over the body.
I’m just concerned and thanks for reading ?

Much love to all. Ashley xxxxxxx

Hi Ashley, I understand how you feel, I discovered a hard lump but haven’t had any pain with it, the GP referred me as an urgent referral and also said appointments are taking up to 4 weeks! However the hospital sent mine the very next day and it’s this Wednesday so that’s within the 2 week timeframe which I’m sure you’ll be the same. (I’m in Glasgow) I agree that no one understands and says it’ll be nothing, it’s the actuall going to the hospital & the tests that worry me. We are all here for you anytime you need to chat. Xx

Hopefully it will be this week you hear, take care xxx