cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for appointment

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Waiting for appointment

Hi hedgewitch1

It sounds like you're having a pretty tough time.  As well as the support you receive here do give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000.  Here you can talk things through with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical infromation.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Re: Waiting for appointment

Hi Hedgewitch,

I hope that you're suspicions are unfounded and that you don't do have IBC. Has you GP ruled out mastitis? I think that there's a number of things which can mimic IBC such as allergic reactions and skin problems such as excema. But I'm no expert and didn't have IBC myself, so although I can't allay your fears, you must remember that IBC is extremely rare. I hope with all my heart that you don't have to join our club!

Take care and I hope to read that you've been given the all clear in the not too distant future. Ann x x

Waiting for appointment

Hi everyone. I'm sorry any of us have to be here. It looks like I've got inflammatory breast cancer and here I sit waiting weeks just for an appointment to see. From what I've read, weeks could be too late. Does anyone know of any other illness that could cause the same symptoms??? I really don't want to spend my valuable life worrying myself to death if I don't have to. This really is a bad situation to be in, diagnosed or not. Love and my greatest wishes for success for everyone here. Not a sisterhood I wanted to be part of but I know the people coming here are strong, lovely people. Love to all. XXX