Waiting for appointment

Hiya, just wondering about my boob as you do, i am 38 years old and around 7 weeks ago I noticed a thickened area in my right breast near the top and side, just because I wasn’t sure I got my mum to have a check she felt it and I thought I would wait until after I had my period to see if it settled down I waited 3 weeks and it didn’t, made an appointment with my gp (3wk wait lol) and then it felt like it had gone but I wasn’t sure if it had gone or I was just used to it being there? If you know what a mean like a wobbly tooth it’s strange at first but then the norm. Anyway I saw my gp who had a prod about and agreed and referred me to the breast clinic. I have had breast pain in this breast for the last couple of months and my underarm is occasionally sore (feels bruised) for a couple of days at a time I have no visable changes apart from my boob feels heavier and fuller I don’t want to waste the time of the breast clinic should I be concerned ? Sorry it’s long winded been pondering my mum is worrying bless her .

Hi Jenmar76

Welcome to the BCC Forum.  I’m sure some other members will soon be along to offer you some support.  You might also find it helps to phone our Helpline to talk things over.  They will be able to offer you some information and support.  The opening times are 9-5 on weekdays and 10-2 on Saturdays.  The number is 0808 800 6000.

I’ve also attached a link to one of our publications which explains what might happen at your clinic appointment:

breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/publication/your-breast-clinic-appointment-bcc70

I hope this helps.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Hi jenmar. I just seen your post and I was wondering if you had your appointment yet? I’m new to the site and have just posted a new thread. Im also very worried waiting for my appointment for breast clinic.

Much love. Ashley. Xxx