Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for biopsy results help!

11 REPLIES 11
Guest user
Not applicable

Re: Waiting for biopsy results help!

Hi Claude

I didn't research anything to start with, even after my diagnosis I still didn't read any of the leaflets they gave me as I found it too much to take in and a lot of it wasn't relative to my BC.

When I finally came on to this website I still only read the postings that I felt were appropriate to my BC as reading some of the others was too much to take and to be honest that is still the same now. I still find it almost impossible to read some of the postings from the ladies who are fighting a much harder diagnosis than I had.

phillippa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Claude,
Welcome to the forums , im realy sorry that you have had to post on here though i know you will get lots of support from all the lovely ladies here.I know waiting for results is realy tough so try and keep yourself busy though i know its not always easy .

I was DX with BC in July 2007 ,mine was a one stop clinic also so i was able to have mammos, ultrasound, FNAs and core biopsys all done on the same day and the results within 4 hours, though i know not all clinics are like this so it is not unusual to have to wait a week or so for the results to come through.
Funnily enough in a way i felt things were a bit too fast for me as i had my surgery 5 days later , so it was a lot to take in and get my head round at the time , im now waiting for my 2nd post DX mammo results and have been told they will take 3 weeks eekkk to come through so also playing the waiting game at the moment and trying to keep myself busy so i know how you feel.
Try to plan some nice things to do and keep yourself occupied if you can , also try not to read too much on the internet untill you know what your dealing with as it can be frightening. I will be keeping everything crossed for you and hope (in the nicest possible way) that you wont need to be joining us but if you do then we will all be here for you . Stay positive it realy does help.
All the best to you.
Linda x

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks again until now really hadn't thought of the millions of people going through this every year ! Will be wishing the best for you all and your families as well as myself and mine.Been reading through some posts on here and the people are inspirational taking time out to reply to others when having so much to deal with themselves .I do have a lovely family to help me through it come what may! Children are on easter holidays so i am planning on doing some lovely things with them to pass the time. I have been so up and down in the last few hours hope my current positive state lasts a while !!! I don't know anything about breast cancer or treatments etc and can't decide if i should research or if it will scare me even more??? I have the feeling its going to be a very long week xxx

Everton_babe

Hi claude
I completly understand your anxieties-the waiting can be as bad as the results in some ways.
I was dx at a one stop clinic in Oct 09 and found that to be really helpful.
All tests and result in one day.
Last week I had another MRI and now have to go for ultra-sound/biopsy next week on other breast and the waiting is absolutely horrible.I so much preferred the one-day process-at least you know.
I am so much more worried this time round, even thou I had a clear lump last time - no sign of a lump this time.
Im thinking of you all who are in this predicament and hope you have good outcomes.
Cathie
xx

Lucy_BCC

Hi Claude
Welcome to the BCC forums, in addition to the support you have received here you are welcome to call our confidential helpline. Our helpliners are here to support you and you can talk your concerns through with someone in confidence. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 weekdays 9-5 and Sat 9-2.

Take care
Lucy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Claude,

My mum could've written your first post. She is also waiting for biopsy results and they won't be ready until the 7th April. As her daughter, I am really worried as her breast has been really swollen for weeks and she has had a pain in her arm too.

The only thing I would advise is to always remain positive and surround yourself with the support of lots of friends and family.

All the best.

Spockette x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Claudette

I think we would all say that cancer is the biggest fear that we all have, I lost my dad to cancer 15 years ago and afterwards I was forever at the doctors as I feared that every pain I had was cancer...little was I to know that years later I would have my own fight to go through!

Everyone of the ladies on here will be there for you if we are needed, but lets hope that all will be fine.

Take care and try to rest as much as you....although I'm sure thats not easy with 3 children though!

phillippa x

Guest user
Not applicable

thanks girls for the welcome. I know really that no one can tell me one way or another its just a waiting game . Its just such a worry isn't it i nursed my mum recently through pancreatic cancer until she tragically lost the fight and since then cancer is my biggest fear !!!I also realise i was rude and didn't really introduce myself properly!!! Hi i'm Claudette 35 yr old mother of 3 beautiful girls aged 10,5 and 1 . I am on a constant diet lol and curretly on a career break from my job as a civil servant.
Just want to know either way so i can start to fight !!! thanks again claudette xxx

Guest user
Not applicable

Same as the other ladies its standard practice to have to wait a week for the results, I was told that they get everyone on the team to look at the results before they see you again.

If I can offer you any words of advice then it is to take someone with you - preferably a woman - as no matter what they tell you in a weeks time you won't take all of it in so you need someone else there to listen.

Try not to worry too much (I know that's not easy) but the time will pass quickly, the fear of not knowing is the worst thing, once you know one way or the other you can start to deal with it.

phillippa x

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi Claude,
Same advice as Paula above...
I had my results 7 days after the biopsy - it absolutely standard.
Good Luck
Marguerite

jbug

Hi Claude,

Welcome to the forums and sorry you have had to post on here. All I can say is that all you can do is occupy yourself and try not to research too much into it, very hard I know!

My way f dealing with it after having my biopsy was to prepare myself for the worst, so if I was given the all clear then great, if not then at least I had kind of got my head around it in some way.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Paula xx

Guest user
Not applicable

Waiting for biopsy results help!

Hi
I discovered a lump in my breast a week or so agoo and today attended my local breast unit.I had a mammogram then saw a doctor who said i had a mass on the breast that needed further investigation. Was then sent for anul trasound and they did a biopsy of the lump and told me to sit back in the waiting room and the consultant would call me back in. I waited a while and a nurse came out and said that the biopsy needed to be looked at by the team and gave me an appointment for 7th April !!! I am terrified and dont know if the wait is a good or bad thing.Any ideas if this is normal procedure i know i can only wait but 9 days is going to seem a lifetime thanks any advice would be appreciated xxxx