Waiting for biospy

Hi had my mammagram/ultrasound last Thursday. As ive had pain and yellow nipple discharge, no lump for the last 4 months. my baby kick me in that area and had pain upon pressure ever since. When I went in have my ultrasound, the radiologist said my breast were asymetrical! She started my utrasound and said the area were I was experiencing pain(top of right breast) seem darker and less dence in the whole area. Then underneath was normal whiter, as the same with left breast. She said it seems weird and never seen it before. She ask another radiologist to take a look and said the same. There were no lump just this darker area. I started to cry, as it worried me. She tried to reassure me this has no markers for breast cancer, just looks different. she gave me 2 options to come back 3/4 months to review area again or for peace of mind now have a core biopsy. Which is what I done. I get results back Tuesday pm but I’m so worried what this darker area could be, could it be from being kick by my baby as I mention above, could it be normal for me or could it really be cancer with no lump or mass on mammagram or ultrasound??? Can’t sleep with the worry. Could this be the start of cancer. My mind all over the place. Radiologist was lovely and tried to reassure me. Has anyone had wide area of darker breast tissue and been ok. My nipple smear can back clear :slight_smile: please need some advice.
Emma

Hello Hay

I know this seems like a long and stressful time to wait for your results… Im the worst for waiting… the good thing is the radiographer put you at ease even if it didnt feel like it at the time. Like yourself I am awaiting biopsy results…lump in right breast and during the ultrasound they found a mass which as she explained on 2nd biopsy that the lymph nodes are swollen… she didnt engage in conversation with me which I would have preferred!! have you tried calling the helpline on here… they are very supportive and will try and answer any questions that you might have… a nurse suggested that I keep a diary and record any questions and thoughts etc and I havent even been diagnosed yet!!.. seens strange but it works for me… i get my results next thursday so its going to be a long week… but positive thinking is in order… please let us know what the outcome is hun xx take care and the support on this site is amazing!!!

Thanks Sandra for your kind reply. Yes I have spoke to the ladies on the phone here. The lady was lovely and helpful. you mind just runs away with you. Hope you get on ok, the waiting is awful, hard to focus on anything. Send you a cyper hug too xx

Hi Hay123
Do you mean you are pregnant now or that you have a young baby? Sorry to be dim? Just thinking about teh discharge you describe, Could it be colostrum?
Mandy xx

hi Mandy
my baby is 1 year old, the discharge has been tested and was benign causes. It’s the biopsy that I’m waiting for which is my appointment tomorrow. As they said I had a area of low density. Which they hadn’t seen b4 xxx

Hi all today the day of finding out biopsy results, I’m not doing very well :frowning: I keep crying and the feeling of being so scared is unbareable. I keep on going over in my mind. There was no lump just a different density (low) what could it be???
what sort of breast cancer would cause this to happen. I look at my 3 lovely boys and just well up. This feeling is horrible. Anyone there for advice. Xx

Hi Hay123,
I remember the day of my biopsy results, I could barely get out the car, I don’t know how I walked into the hospital with my jelly legs, it was so frightening. I had a 4 year old daughter at the time of diagnosis, it’s so hard when you have young children. I’m thinking of you and praying for a positive outcome.
Love Lydia x

Good luck Hay123
No good saying try not to worry as you just do but please try and remember this could be nothing at all. Keep us posted flower.
I echo what Lydia says I have 3 children and was diagnosed this JUne and my focus then and still now is them
Mandy xx

Hi all biopsy came back atypical cells need to have a wider biopsy done this Thursday. Need some advic if anyone knows what will happen. It seem a wide area, will I have to have breast removed to get rid of all cell. Advice would be great.
thanks Emma

Hi all biopsy came back atypical cells need to have a wider biopsy done this Thursday. Need some advic if anyone knows what will happen. It seem a wide area, will I have to have breast removed to get rid of all cell. Advice would be great.
thanks Emma

Hi just back from 2nd biopsy as first one showed atypical. This time 15 samples were taken so breast is so sore. The dark area on the ultrasound look so much better than a week ago. The radiologist couldn’t believe it. So I’m not sure what’s going on. Back for results next Thursday. Anyone else had atypical dysphasia come back from biospy. really could do with some advice. Please