1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for breast clinic appointment and terrified

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Waiting for breast clinic appointment and terrified

Seems like there's a few of us in the 'waiting room' at the mo! I think we just have to keep reminding ourselves that most referrals are benign and even if not then it probably isn't as awful as we think these days...easier said than done I know, I've had the same horrible thoughts last few weeks as well. I've just spent Christmas at my sisters, she did get the awful news a few months ago n is having chemo right now (i did all the cooking etc lol) but they have got it v early, she is in her 40s, they say it has all gone after lumpectomy and the treatment is just an extra precaution to make sure it never comes back. It's not nice to see her unwell from it and can't help thinking that could be me soon but she has told me the waiting n not knowing was the worst part of it all.. Think it's only natural for our thoughts to go to dark places but thanks to this place we are not alone x

Re: Waiting for breast clinic appointment and terrified

Hi there, I know what you're going through cos I am going through it right now too. I received a recall in November after my 3rd routine mammogram. I'm now waiting for biopsy results (4th Jan I think) and it's been 4 weeks since I had the core needle biopsy! I'm told by others that the waiting is the most difficult part. I've waited so far for the recall appointment then the app for the biopsy and now waiting for the results. It is horrendous at times and it does your head in. But all the statistics say that there is a much greater chance of it not being cancer and I tell myself this everyday. I'm in Spain and the process in my area is different than in UK with the breast clinics. If you have been referred to a breast clinic your waiting times should be kept to the minimum. You should have a diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound and maybe even biopsies done ( if needed) all on the same day. Maybe someone will be along soon to explain the process in UK. Don't Google, it will make you worse. Good luck and let us know how you get on. X

Waiting for breast clinic appointment and terrified

Hi, I went to the Drs on 22nd dec. I have had a sort of tenderness in my left breast for maybe a couple of months but didn't pay too much attention to it while I have been busy at work. Then when I had finished for Christmas I took a bit more notice and realised when I examined my self it felt different in that area. I made a Drs appointment next day and she said there was definitely a mass there and that she could be sure whether it was a lump or a thickening but that I needed to be referred to have it checked. My appointment is on 4th jam which feels like forever away. All of my instincts are telling me that this is cancer. I cannot switch of the morbid thoughts about dying. I am only 32 and have a beautiful 6 year old daughter. I cannot bear the thought of her growing up without me. My husband is great but simply says that he refuses to think it is anything other than fine unless he is told otherwise. I have already ordered all organic food and have stopped using deodorant just incase. I am just so frightened. I return to work the day after my appointment as a teacher, first day back after Christmas and just don't know how I am going to cope. I seem to be able to hold it together ok in the day but after my daughter has gone to bed in an evening I really struggle. I just want to be with her every second that I can. Not sure what I am looking for hear to be honest, just want to get it out. Have only told husband and one other friend in real life so far and not spoke to her since I told her.