1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for breast clinic appointment

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Waiting for breast clinic appointment

Yeh, do that Apaj. That's a really good idea and I do hope they give you a scan. I'm no consultant, but I have to say I was surprised that you weren't given a mammogram etc. After all, 1 in 8 women now go through BC. It would, as you said, give you some peace of mind and that's very important.

Hope it happens and keep us up to date lovey

Delly xxx

He didn't say much at all Delly. I've been having a think and am going to give the clinic a call and ask for a scan to put my mind at ease.
I don't want to sound like a hypochondriac but don't want this doubt hanging over me either. It seems silly for me to carry on worrying when it could have been put to rest in 10 minutes.
A
X

Hi Apaj,

Well that's good news. Had you had some kind of blow to your breast to cause an inflammation?? I don't doubt the breast consultant ask the same question, did he??

If the lump's still there and you're still feeling worried, give say a month, you could ask for a second opinion from a different consultant. Just to be on the safe side.Hoping it IS nothing to be concerned about.

Delly xxx

Hi,

Thanks for your well wishes. Pretty disappointing appointment. Consultant had a feel and said that it was most likely inflamed breast tissue over a prominent rib. I explained that the area feels different t to the touch and my breasts feel different but he said there was nothing obvious he could feel. I wasn't offered an ultrasound so whilst I'm glad there was nothing obvious to him I don't really feel much better about what I can feel.
He made me feel abit stupid.
I let my mum feel and she said to make a note if the date and go back to docs in 1 month if no change.
Hope others are left feeling more reassured.
A
X

Good luck x

Hey Apaj,

That's great for tomorrow. The sooner you're seen with something like this, the sooner you'll know. It isn't the IRrational part of your brain thats shouting, it's the rational !!

Yes, I'm positive they'll be mammogramming and ultrasounding, which isn't always definitive anyway in diagnosis, as I found out myself with my 2nd diagnosis of another primary. It required another biopsy, which then revealed a positive result.So, they will carry out ALL the tests they feel necessary from the initial Mammogram.

Had it not been for the fact that my shower sponge was falling to bits, and I was having to soap up my hands to soap myself all over, I would not have felt my initial breast lump as soon as I did. Thankfully, that wasn't the case, I found it soon and EARLY.

Good luck for tomorrow Apaj. Please keep us in touch

Delly xxx

Hi,

Thanks for the replies. Luckily my appointment has come through really quickly so I will be getting seen tomorrow.
I'm sure that it will be nothing but it is always the irrational part of my brain that shouts the loudest!
I'm also wondering if they examine me and think it is muscular or something will they still do an ultrasound? I would rather have piece of mind than be sent away with a nagging doubt.
I feel like a crazy lady!
A
X

Hi Apaj16 

Waiting on something like this is the worst feeling. It's natural to feel worried, any one would. I hope your appointment comes through very quickly. It's likely you'll have a mammogram, ultrasound and a core biopsy for a diagnosis, which I've got my fingers crossed for you is a -ve one. Please let us know when your appointment comes through so that we can be looking out for you and stay in touch with you.

Thinking of you. Try and keep your mind occupied with pleasant distractions until then - easier said than done I know. Good company helps too.

Delly xxx 

Hi Apaj16,

I am sorry to hear you are feeling anxious and I am sure users will be along to offer their support before the appointment soon.

In the meantime please do call our helpline on 0808 800 6000 who will be able answer any questions about the discomfort you are feeling and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below. 

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Waiting for breast clinic appointment

Hello ladies and gents,
So last week I found a lump. I had felt a fullness in my upper breast/chest area for a couple of weeks but assumed it was a pulled muscle, even though I had no pain. Last week whilst laid in bed with my arm above my head I had an itch in my right breast and there it was
It's pretty big, about the size if a 10p but quite hard. I can only really feel it with my arm up. I was hoping that it was just a rib or something but apparently not.
With my arms down all I can feel is a slight swelling on my chest.
I visited my gp and have been referred to breast clinic. I know that it is highly unlikely that it is BC but I can't shake the sinking feeling that I have.
Fingers crossed my appointment will come quickly.
A
X