75.2K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for my appointment...scared!

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Waiting for my appointment...scared!

That's brilliant news Emmaxangel! You did everything right getting it checked out. Had you in my thoughts, now go and enjoy your weekend with your little girl. love Kathyxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi everyone, just got back from the nightingale centre. Diagnosed with a fibroadenoma, had a ultrasound it measured 1cm, was given a fine needle biopsy, results came within half an hour. x

All the best for Friday Emma, let me know how you get on. Love and hugs Kathy x
Guest user
Not applicable

My appointment is next Friday ha ha x

That's the spirit Emma . Those are all good signs . My very best wishes for your results today. Let me know how you get on . Love and Hugs Kathy xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Thanks, I'm thinking of either a cyst or fibro, it's got obvious edges and moves a lot when I play around with it. It's really smooth also. I'm just proud of myself that I know my body enough to know a difference x

Hi Emma,

I have a daughter just your age and want to give you a big cyber hug. Your GP and the nurse are doing all the right things. They have given you their opinion and you are being checked out. You are in safe hands. Movable lumps are a very good sign . So until Friday busy yourself with your little girl . Stay off the internet (google etc). Go for walks and plan little treats for yourself, even if its a walk in the park or a coffee out until Friday. There are many reasons for benign lumps in young women. I will keep you in my thoughts for Friday Kathy x

Hi Emma,

I have a daughter just your age and want to give you a big cyber hug. Your GP and the nurse are doing all the right things. They have given you their opinion and you are being checked out. You are in safe hands. Movable lumps are a very good sign . So until Friday busy yourself with your little girl . Stay off the internet (google etc). Go for walks and plan little treats for yourself, even if its a walk in the park or a coffee out until Friday. There are many reasons for benign lumps in young women. I will keep you in my thoughts for Friday Kathy x

yes thats my understanding too if it moves they call them breast mice. But still you are doing the right thing deffo
good luck

My layperson's understanding is that you are very unlikely to have cancer. It is rare at your age (unless you have really strong family history of it).
AFAIK the fact that the lump is moveable also makes it much less likely to be cancer.
So the odds in favour of it being benign are large. You are getting it checked out for piece of mind.
Guest user
Not applicable

I know the worst thing is I also suffer from health anxiety also so I'm the worst person to get this lump cause it means I turn everything into the worst possible thing. My doctor said there is a very very very very slim chance for me to have breast cancer. He said lumps in the breast are more common than women realise. X

emmaxangel
i know its stupid to say dont worry but you just have to let things distract you enough to not spend your whole time thinking the worst.
hopefully when you have been seen you will feel much better, in the meantime dont google, its not reliable. if theres anything you need to ask, we can all help out, hopefully your news will be good. i have heard a lot about these hormonal lumps and how they scare people but its very wise to be getting checked just in case.
find a new book thats happy to read to your little girl, dont go to sleep until you are tired enough to go straight to sleep, try to 'do' things that dont allow your mind t wander.
good luck and hugs,
keep us informed
angie xx
Guest user
Not applicable

Sorry about the spelling, stupid ipad 🙂
Guest user
Not applicable

Waiting for my appointment...scared!

Hi everyonelast everyone, I'm Emma I'm 27 and I have a little girl so it's even worse when you have a child and thinking the worst. Last Thursday I found a movable lump in my breast so panicked instantly and convinced myself I have breast cancer and I'm going to die and my little girl is going to be left without her mummy. Went to see the nurse the next day and she confirmed it was a movable lump and is sure it's just a cyst but due to covering there back they have to refer me to get it checked. I'm got my refer letter today and it said urgent referel which sent me into a state of panic so I rang up my doctor who referred me and he said I'm on urgent referel because he knew I'm a massive worrier and didn't want me to go through worrying very long. He said its all due to hormones and has never seen a girl my age in his career with breast cancer so I feel a bit better now. my appointment is next Friday. So scared its on my mind all the time!