Waiting for my biopsy result......

Hi everyone, 

I’m 37 and have 2 little boys, 4 and 7. I went to my GP in september last year with a lump in my right breast. She reassured me that she didn’t think that it was anything sinister and that it was most likely hormonal. I breast fed both of my children and she thought it may be a result of that. I was sent away relieved and glad that I had been to get it checked. That’s what you’re told to do right? I went to my GP as soon as i noticed it and so all should be fine.

Well, fast forward 13 months. It hadn’t really gone away but I kept telling myself it’s ok, the doctor said it was hormonal. Then I noticed that it had grown bigger. I went back and saw another GP last monday (was it really less than 2 weeks ago??) who put me on an urgent referral to the breast clinic. I managed to get a cancellation for the Friday. The consultant examined me, took a sample with a fine needle and did an ultrasound. As it was a last minute cancellation at the end of clinic they couldn’t do a mammogram and so I was told to come back first thing on Monday morning. She didn’t want to take a biopsy at that point as it may interfere with the mammogram result. 

So, on monday I went and had my mammogram, a biospy and another ultrasound. In the second ultrasound she measured a second shadowy area (no lump) under my arm. No mention was made of it though and I was too frightened to ask. As i was getting dressed after my biospy and ultrasound, the consultant brought in 2 breast care nurses who chatted to me about the support available, all i could think is ‘are you doing this because you know I have cancer?’.

I’ve convinced myself that I have cancer, and do you know what? If I do I will fight it with all I have, but at this moment it is terrifying. I go back at 10.30 in the morning for the results. I’ve spent the whole week feeling exhausted and crying at anything and everything. I’m also aching everywhere and becoming more and more paraniod about how I’m feeling. 

I’ve been reading forums all week and have just this moment felt brave enough tell you all my story xxxx

emma g

Hello and welcome to the forum where I think you will see that you will loads of help and support from the wonderful ladies on here.

Well what a couple of weeks you have had.  Until the results of the biopsy come back they will not know for sure if it is bc or not.  What you are feeling is totally normal, it is the anxiety taking over making you think that every ache and pain means it is cancer and that it has spread, we all know that feeling so well.

Sending a pair of our tough pants to get you through tomorrow they have big deep pockets so that we can all climb in and be beside you xxx

And of course loads of hugs.  Let us know how you get on tomorrow if you want to and remember there is always someone on here to help and support you so just come on and chat

tough pants.jpg

Helena xxx

Thank you so much for your reply. It’s been such a long few weeks but I’ll hopefully have answers tomorrow. It’s a great comfort to know that I’m not alone and so many other women have been through the same emotions. I don’t like to talk to my husband about it too much, I think he’s just about holding it together himself, but i feel like I have to talk about it to someone xx

Hi emma,

Glad you found us & do come & chat whenever you need to. IF it is bc, then thankfully it has been picked up & will be dealt with, but hopefully, it won’t come to that.

Do let us know how you get on. 

ann x

Hi,

Hi, I’m the newest member of the club that nobody wants to be in. Yesterday day was like a whirlwind. I’ve been diagnosed with invasive ductal breast cancer, grade 3. I hope I’ve got that right, It’s a whole new language! I’m due to have CT and bone scans this week, oncologist appointment on 31st and the a sentinel lymph node biopsy on 3rd November. They’ll start treatment with chemotherapy first. I’m terrified but I need to beat this, there’s no other option xxxx

Sorry to hear you’re joining us Emma, it is always such a shock, but there’s loads of support here & others in the position you’re in.
If you want to, do go along to the ‘recently diagnosed’ thread where you will be able to chat & vent as you feel you need to & do look at the ‘going through treatment’ when you start treatment as well.
It will now be dealt with
Sending hugs
ann x