Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for results

22 REPLIES 22
Mrs_Ugbug

Re: Waiting for results

Hi Nic
I am sorry to hear that and hope all goes well on the 15th but hopefully we will talk again before that. You also keep positive this WILL NOT beat us.

I thank all you ladies for your support it helps so much.

Keep strong and lots of hugs to you all.

xx
Mrscaladan

Hi Chris - sorry to hear your news - mine was similar but only grade 1 so I suppose I am lucky. Will be thinking of you and expect to be sharing this journey with you. I have mastectomy booked for 15th July. Keep positive Nic x
Mrscaladan

Hi Chris - sorry to hear your news - mine was similar but only grade 1 so I suppose I am lucky. Will be thinking of you and expect to be sharing this journey with you. I have mastectomy booked for 15th July. Keep positive Nic x
Loobyb

Good luck ladies x
poemsgalore

Hi Mrs Ugbug
Sorry you have to be here, but very glad to have you with us all the same.
My tumour was also grade 3. I didn't find out the stage until after surgery (2b), when they also told me the size (3cm). I was lucky in that my tumour was 100% ER positive, 70% PR positive, and HER2 negative. I had mx followed by chemo (grade 3 usually gets chemo) but not having rads. Waiting to start taking Anastrazole/Armidex but got to have a bone density scan first. I will be taking it for 5 years.
Georgina, good luck for 21st. A sentinal node biopsy is usually done while you are having breast surgery. A small injection into breast tissue to put a small piece of radioactive material in there - it only stings a bit for a few seconds. Then a blue dye is injected into your lump while you are unconscious. You might have a blue mark where the nodes were removed, mine disappeared very quickly. You might also have blue wee for a little while!!! They will only remove the nodes that have turned blue, and examine them for cancer cells. I had 3 nodes removed, only one had cancer cells in.

Wishing you both good luck and sending hugs too.
Poemsgalore xxx
Maseo

Thanks Chris, its one hell of a rollercoaster but I'm hanging on.
Mrs_Ugbug

Hi Georgina
The keys seem run away on their own sometimes don't they . It really does help being on line doesn'tit you know that these ladies know how you feel and you can talk to them, it's certainly helping me.

I hope it all goes well on the 1st try not to worry to much and keep your chin up you're bound to have your bad days but we are all here to talk to if you need us.

Chris xx
Maseo

Good Lord, I meant hospital not hospitality, gripes don't know what I mean now. Ha ha ha.

See being on line is wicked

Georgina.
Maseo

Hiya
Just wanted to say, keep strong, we are all here for you. My op is 1st July - trying to go to work in the meantime, but today fell off the planet. Stupid really received another letter from hospitality regarding Sentinel Lode Loc and Imagining. Just made it all too real.
Being on line is helping me with my positivity.
Georgina.
Mrs_Ugbug

Good morning Ladies

Well got the results yesterday and not what I hoped, got grade 3 cancer but on the positive side it's only a cm big so they are going to remove it and look at the lymph nodes at the same time, if it hasn't spread there then that's good if they find it there then they are going to remove all the lymph nodes in the same op. The Dr says she doesn't think it's spread there yet as she can't feel anything and the ultra sound there was clear but of course we won't know for sure until they do the op.
So onwards and upwards lets get it out and see what stage it is. It all feels a bit unreal at the moment as though it's happening to someone else I suppose, one minute I'm totally positive and it's just a minor glitch and the next I think I'm going to die and want to disolve in tears I suppose this is normal!!!!

All my family, friends and work are being really supportive and I'm totally going to fight this it's not getting me I've got to much more to do yet.

xx
Mrscaladan

thinking of you this afternoon Chris My appointment is at 4.20pm So I too am waiting. Fingers crossed. Nic
Silly_Sue

Good Luck Chris
Sue x
Mrs_Ugbug

Morning Ladies

Thank you all for the encouraging messages they really help.

Well todays the day, unfortunatly my appointment isn't until 4.40 so it's going to be a long day but at least by this evening I'll know what we are dealing with, fingers crossed it benign but if not I'll know and treatment can start, one day at the time.

Good luck with your results today as well Nic I hope it's good news for you.

Chris xx
Karen2764

happy anniversary and good luck for thursday
Mrscaladan

Hi Chris - Just read your post and thought I would introduce myself to you. I am 44 and celebrated my 18th anniversary with my husband last night. I too am awaiting results on Thursday! I am really quite bruised after the biopsy and have resigned myself to the news being bad but I am going to treat this as an inconvenience which can be overcome. Keep positive
Nic x
maggiemay22

Congratulations on your anniversary Mrs Ugbug - enjoy your evening x
Trish1303

Hi Chris

Just another little bit of encouragement, you're in good company on this site, all your questions will be answered by the treatment team too if that is the route you maybe facing. Have a lovely evening and concentrate on all the good things and you will be fine.

Trish x
Mrs_Ugbug

Hi All
Thank you for your messages.

Good luck today with your appointment Karen. I hope you don't have to wait to long for your results justsusie and that they are good.

My husband will be with me on Thursday Emma, he has been so supportive and I know he's nearly as scared as me so we are both being positive and whatever the results, we will face and handle it together, and no I won't google, have done that and all the information is so conflicting that I realise the best information is on here and my doctors.

It is our 19th anniversary today so we will go out for a lovely meal tonight and forget about it all for the eveining.

All the best to you all
Chris x
justsusie

Hi
I had lumpectomy last Friday, now waiting for either phone call or letter to go my results. This waiting isnt easy but less stressful than my op last week, the stitches are driving me crazy to with itching.
Good luck withyour results x
Melrose15

Hi Chris. You are right, the waiting is the worse part. You certainly learn to be patient through this experience. I hope your result on Thursday is a good one. It's hard to remain positive but keep busy and make sure you take someone with you on the day. Oh and don't google!!
Best wishes
Emma x
Mrs_Ugbug

Hi Karen
Yes you are right it really helps to know that all these thoughts and worries going through your mind are normal and you're not alone.
Good luck with your appointment tomorrow I hope all goes well for you.
Chris
Karen2764

Hi mrs ug bug
welcome to the forum. Like you I am 48 and found a lump about 8 ago.have my appt on Tuesday which after a 5 week wait cant come soon enough.Have found the forum really helpful just reading other people's experiences and to know you're not mad. I must have checked the lump a thousand times .is it bigger /smaller ?who knows now!!! Sounds like everyone does this. I agree the waiting is awful as every things seems to be on hold And it is helpful to know there are other people out there.
Good luck with your results
karen
Mrs_Ugbug

Waiting for results

Hi everyone
I noticed a lump in my left breast about a month ago and went to see my GP, he said it could possibly be hormonal as I'm 48 and have noticed a few changes in the last few months like exma that I've never had before. As I was due to start my period at the end of the week he suggested we wait for a couple of weeks just to see if there were any changes in the lump. I must have felt that lump a 100 times a day in those two weeks!! Anyway it didn't seem to change much so he referred me to the breast clinic saying that I would be seen withing two weeks and sure enough they called me with the date of my appointment the next morning and I went last Tuesday.
I had a mammogram, ultrasound and biopsy done and now have to wait to get my results next Thursday. God the waiting is worse than anything, I've gone from being totally optimistic to thinking the worst of the worst. My husband has been wonderful and really supportive and I know it can't be easy for him either.
I've convinced myself that it must be cancer as the Dr said it was a suspicious lump and he would take it out whatever the results. I suppose I just want Thurday to come and if it is bad news we can then face it and then get on with the treatment.
I'm really pleased that I found this forum and reading the experiences of you ladies and support you give each other has helped me a lot already.

Chris