68.5K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for test results - driving me insane!!!

2 REPLIES 2
missmore

Re: Waiting for test results - driving me insane!!!

Hi rach
there is a thread called new and scared, some of the ladies there are waiting for more information, perhaps you could find some support there
wishing you all the best of luck
sheena xxx
June_BCC

Re: Waiting for test results - driving me insane!!!

Hello Rach2

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very difficult time for you. 

As well as the support you will receive on the forums we also have a free helpline where you can talk things through with a member of staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 6000 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 10.00 to 2.00.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Rach2

Waiting for test results - driving me insane!!!

Hi, I am new to this forum and just wanted to find a place where others are in the same boat as me.

I am 34 years old and found a lump in my left breast 4 weeks ago. I went straight to the doctor who referred me to the breast clinic. A very long 2 week wait! There I saw a very handsome doctor (every cloud!!), he sent me for an ultrasound which showed up something more suspicious than a cyst, also had a core biopsy and then a mammogram all on my birthday!

The followiing week I had an appointment with the consultant, he says the core biopsy was inconclusive but highly suspicious, the ultrasound was the same but the mammogram didn't show anything. He says this is because my boobs are dense (probably to do with my age). So now this afternoon I have to have another biopsy (oh the joy!) and another ultrasound. Also have an appointment for MRI next week and then finally with the consultant for my results. The wait is killing me. The consultant says we are more than likely looking at a cancerous tumour, however when he examined me he says it doesn't feel like one.

Basically, I am just so confused. I just want to know either way. I am a very a strong person but at the moment feel quite sorry for myself. In the last 6 months I have seperated from my husband but finally life was looking good for me. My 2 beautiful young daughters are settled and I have recently started a new job which I love and then bam this happens!!

Sorry for waffling on, it still might not be anything. Just needed to vent with people that don't know me personally but whatever happens, I am going to make sure I am around to see my girls grow up. xxx