Waiting for the next set of results

What a roller coaster I have been on! Don’t know how or why but found a lump 22nd October, my other half was away for the weekend and when he came back on Sunday I asked his opinion, being the ever practical he said make an appointment tomorrow. I called the doctor and made an appointment to see the female doctor on Tuesday 25th, she said she would refer me and four hours later a call from the hospital with an appointment for Friday 28th! So many tests I knew it was not good but held out hope but Friday 4th the news it was malignant with a surgery date of 14th December! Macmillan nurse wonderful said she would try and get a better date and on monday a call to say surgery Wednesday 9th!. No time to think perhaps for the best. Surgery done, feel quite uncomfortable and really irritable but better than I thought but now another wait for the surgery results 25th Nov. Are bouts of sudden tears normal???

Yes janethespy tears are normal, as you have said it is such a roller coaster everything happens so quickly, you hardly have time to catch your breath. This is a great forum, so any questions you do have someone will come and help you, all the very best for your appointment, take care and lots of hugs to you xx

Thank you so much!! As you say what a great forum! bettr than face book I have to say but the I feel a little to old for that anyway!

me too!! haha xx

Hi there, just wanted to agree with you that waiting sucks, I had a mastectomy on 14 Nov and due to get the results of the surgery and understand what the next steps for treatment are tomorrow, 24th, my mind is all over the place, and I think this is probably the worst time for me over the past month, I think I had a little more time that you to get my head around surgery, but this waiting to see what the next few months has in store is really hard.

I keep crying, and my husband is trying to say the right things, but I’m not sure what the right things are at this time, its really hard to keep positive when you know that tomorrow, you find out what’s the next treatment and that is really scary…just keeping everything crossed and will be thinking about you for Friday.xxx

Hi all, came across this site while browsing, found lump in armpit five wks ago…GP gave me antibiotics which of course didn’t work. Since then i have been diagnosed with cancer in both breasts. All biopsied, MRI and CT scan done. Back to clinic tomorrow. I still can’t believe this is happening to me xx

hi i know how u feel . I am waiting for results on a second lump found. I was diagnosed with left breast cancer a week ago. im still in shock and disbelieve.Feel like my life is on pause and im not sure whether the word cancer or potential mastectomy worries me more. Good luck with the next round

Hi all, results are in, better than i thought. Localised spread in lymph nodes. See the oncologist on Monday and get my voucher for my wig. All starting to feel very real now things are moving. Terrified!!

HI andrea

Please give the helpline a call, they are absolutely fantastic and will spend the time with you. You will be able to ask them any questions you may have and that will help you to accept what is happening to you.