Waiting, not sure what to think!

Hi everyone,

This is a bit of a follow on from my thread in the ‘do I have breast cancer’ section.

I was referred to the breast clinic with an inverted nipple, itchiness, leaky feeling (though no discharge) and a small lump which has become difficult to locate since starting my period a couple of days ago (still there, but requires some poking to find)

I went to the breast clinic yesterday and had an ultrasound which the doctor said was ok, though she did keep going over the same area and printed off a couple of pics of that area. Then she told me that she could see and feel some lumpiness and did a FNA on that area (incidentally the lumpiness wasn’t the lump I felt, which she didn’t seem to find)

She then told me that I’d get the results in the post, and to make another appointment for 6 weeks time. Then she showed me the door.

I’m quite disappointed by this experience, I didn’t get the opportunity to ask any questions (though they usually come to me after I leave appointments anyway) but more disappointing was that she didn’t offer any explanation as to what my symptoms could mean, benign or otherwise.

I was sure I just had a cyst or something before the appointment, but now I don’t know what to think, I’m sure it wasn’t a cyst as the lump I felt didn’t show up on the scan and I’m sure she would have just told me if that were the case.

Oh well, I suppose I just have to wait until the results come now. Maybe I’ll get to ask more questions when I go back. For now I’ll just focus on what she said about the scan looking OK. I just wondered if the scan looked ok, why did she print pics of that one area (she also marked on the machine the part of the breast that was being scanned and printed) and why didn’t she give me any advice or info about what it could be?

Sorry for the rant!

Cat xx

What an upsetting experience for you Cat, I can’t really add much but hope that you don’t have to wait too long to get an answer, the waiting is horrible.

Take care and good luck