Waiting times for elective surgery

Now I’ve finished treatment I’m hoping to have Mx on my good side. I don’t want reconstruction. I’m just wondering what the time scale might be. Can I ask if anyone has had same and how long did you have to wait?

Hi Boxofrogs

Sorry this reply is a bit late. I had my first mastectomy in Feb 2010 and my consultant surgeon was reluctant to carry out another on my good side without a psychological profile to establish that I was perfectly sane!!

In due course I had my second mastectomy in November 2010-I wonder if anyone else had to jump througfh hoops?would be keen to hear from others

I am waiting for elective DIEP.Decided and referred in January.Saw surgeon,now a long wait.I asked for surgery after end of May,as taking part in the London BUPA 10k.I called surgeon’s secretary ,as I was told pre op assessment in June, and have op in July.She said…you should be done by the end of the year.whoopy doo!!!So,I’m my case,could be waiting a year;(

Hi BoxofFrogs. I waited 10 months for my prophy. It would have been sooner but we had to tie up dates(hols and things). I was treated in Salisbury - gold stars for them, the whole team was brilliant:)

I had to see a psychologist beforehand.

I am very happy now and feel I can draw a line under the whole thing. No regrets at all.

Good luck to you. I hope all is well with your treatment.

x x