Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting to have a biopsy and ultrasound

5 REPLIES 5
ann-m
Community Champion

Re: Waiting to have a biopsy and ultrasound

I just had the small lump taken out - day surgery, didn't need chemo & had radiotherapy - all very standard treatment. x

Mummycaz1

Hi ann m
Thank you for telling your story
Im am glad it was strightforward for you
What is the day surgery for are they taking the lump out .. did you have a choice of either chemo or radiotherapy

Send ing hug for you day if surgery
Of couse i will let you know what my results are xxxx
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Mummycaz,

Well, mine's the more usual story, picked up by routine mammogram, mid 50s - the classic age for diagnosis!

Now just over a year on from treatment for an early small invasive bc, requiring minor day surgery, radiotherapy & hormone treatment (tamoxifen) for the long term. 

So it was all quite straightforward & I was fortunate to have no problems with treatment. I was pretty much back to life as normal within a few months of diagnosis.

So glad I went for that mammo, as I nearly didn't go, phew!

It's great you've acted so promptly in getting it seen to & there's no reason why you shouldn't get the all clear, but if on the unlikely off chance it is bc, then the sooner it's dealt with the better. Treatment is excellent now, with some of the best outcomes out there.  

If you want to, do let us know how you get on. 

ann x

Mummycaz1

Thank you ann . M
I am keeping busy as much as i can
I have my appointment in 2 weeks
Luckily i have work and 3 children to keep busy with
How about yourself whats your story if you dont mind me asking xxx
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi Mummycaz,
Well, its great you've acted so quickly & you have the appointment, the clinic will sort it out for you, it's what its for.
Although easier said than done, try not to read too much into your dr's reaction, it is the usual referral process in this situation for any unexplained breast change.
Of all the things it can be, bc is the Least likely & it is rare in someone your age. The vast majority of women with your symptoms report the 'all clear' on here & statistics reflect that.
Dealing with the wait is a pain, but it does help to keep yourself busy as you say & do avoid any googling of symptoms, as it does not reassure, makes anxiety worse & changes nothing.
If you want to, do let is know how you get on.
ann x
Mummycaz1

Waiting to have a biopsy and ultrasound

Hiya guys ... ive just found this site while looking for info
Last friday (9th june ) i woke in the morning with something telling me to feel my breast all of a sudden i felt this hard lump i jump up tried to wake myself up and cheack it again
Its on my left breast high up almost going into my armpit ..
Its hard and oddly shaped its round at the top but oblong at the bottom and feels fixed to the inside of the breast
I went to the doctor on monday afternoon she asked me to lay on the bed and she felt it i could see her face she looked worried then she went to her computer and said i will make u a appointment at a breast cancer clinic . She said my age is on my side as i am only 31 but the way she felt it and rushed to her desk really frightened me ...
The hospital rang today and said i have a appointment for a biopsy and ultrasound on 27th june at 2pm
I dont know what to do now i keep trying to keep myself busy but its hard to do so
I was wanting to do what other peoples felt like was it hard sorft big small...