Waiting, worrying and results

I just wanted to offer some words after my recent experience of the appointments and waiting scenario.

Firstly, I am 33 years old, my great grandmother died of bc at my age.
I have always regularly checked my breasts as a result of my family history. I found a pea sized, hard, non moving, non painful lump in my left breast.
Right, first port of call, GP appt. He had a feel and was concerned enough that he made me an urgent referral to the breast clinic, this is when the worrying began. During the 12 days I had to wait for my appt at the breast clinic I decided that I would Google my symptoms (I also had shingles at this point), all signs pointed to bc, and the shingles were because my immune system was down, great now I’m driving myself mad with worry.
I found this forum (during googling) and got some great advice from a lady, who firstly advised me to not Google (she was right) I calmed slightly when I stopped googling.
Anyway, at my breast clinic appt I was seen by a consultant who decided he would like me to have an ultrasound, ok fine, painless, until they decided that I needed a fine needle aspiration as they were unsure as to the nature of my lump.
8 agonising days of waiting later I got a phone call with my results (3 hours earlier than arranged). I was told they found abnormal cells from the aspiration and I would need a core biopsy 3 days later.
By this point I’m convinced I have bc, I’m not eating or sleeping and barely holding my life together. The core biopsy (3 actually) was uncomfortable but not painful and the nurses were amazing ( though they worried me by not saying a word about said lump). So the biopsies were done and I now had another 8 day wait.
5 days into my 8 day wait, and while at work I missed a call from the breast care team ( oh God! They are calling me early because something is wrong), an hour later my phone rings again, it’s the breast care team, my biopsies showed a hardening of breast tissue with some calcification. A completely benign diagnosis with no follow up required. I have never felt such relief!

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to speed a little hope and maybe comfort somebody experiencing the same worries and waiting.

I send all of my love to all of you beautiful ladies who are battling this horrid disease whilst supporting others, truly this forum gave me so much comfort so thank you, Chrissy xx

Hi Chrissy,
Thanks so much for your lovely post, it’s so reassuring for others & so delighted you got the all clear after such an anxious time.
ann x

Just saw your post Chrissy…first of all, so pleased that all is well with you.

Your post echoed all the emotions that all of us go through at some point or the other.  I am waiting to see the Consultant with the results of my mammogram.

Love and thanks xx

I will keep everything crossed for you. It is truly awful waiting for results. Just try and look after yourself in the mean time xx