376197posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting.......

hollymeg

Re: Waiting.......

Bea how you doing? still waiting? can't find when you said you get results. Hang on in there girl. Let us know how it goes. Keeping everything crossed for you
Luv pauline xxx

hollymeg

FANTASTIC NEWS Linda, go and celibrate and then enjoy the rest of your life. Congratulations luv Pauline xxx

hollymeg

Hi ali, just wanted to wish you luck for monday. I do hope you get good news, keeping everything crossed. Let us know how you go on
Hugs and kisses luv Pauline xxx

ZomBea

LINDA 😄

I am absolutely made up for you!!!! Brilliant news!!! I shall be raising a celebratory glass of vino for you later! Absolutely fantastic!

I shall keep your story in mind while awaiting mine to help keep me positive, it's certainly made me feel more positive reading this already 😄 !

I really hope that you will have a wonderfully long, healthy and BC scare free life ahead! *Big Hug* Enjoy your future to the maximum!

With much love and congratulations 😄

Bea x

lindyd

Hi ladies - my appointment at breast clinic was on Thursday (after a 4 wk long roller coaster ride of emotions) I GOT THE ALL CLEAR
Relived doesn't go anywhere to explaining how I feel - Can not believe how quick it all was - told in letter to be prepared to be in clinic for up to 5 hours but appointment 2.20 leaving hospital after mammogram, ultra sound and examination by doctor with all clear results at 3.30 - explanation probably hormonal.
It does however raise the point as to why we some women are put through the torture and hell of waiting for results when my case proves that its possible to be done and dusted within an hour.
Anyway hope my case throws a little glimmer of hope to all you ladies still waiting, my heart goes out to you all and good luck and best wishes for you all whatever stage of the journey you are on.
Thank you for your support it has been very much appreciated and needed - take care Love Linda x

ZomBea

P.S C, Blossom Hill, good choice of tipple 😄 Hope you enjoy xx

ZomBea

I totally agree C, Ali you go get that top GIRLFRIEND 😛 !!

That's what I figure at the very least am going to go out and damn well enjoy it!

*Raises a glass with c* HICCUP!

Thanks Sandra for the lovely post, was really lovely of you 🙂 You are so right about this site 🙂

Well ladies, I do hope that you all have, or try to have, a wonderful, destressed Friday night and weekend 🙂

sandra44

Just wanted to say hi to the newbies and you are soooooooo right that the waiting is the WORST !

Once you have got your initial results whether good or not so good at least you know what path you have to take and that usually just raises loads more questions,but take one stage at a time and you will get there. Im 7 weeks post op and feeling fine and dandy at the mo,I came on here as soon as I was diagnosed and don't know what I would have done without it ! How did people cope before this website ? It has been great for info and help and support and humour and whatever you are feeling or whatever question you have you will always find someone here who will help, just remember you are not alone. Good luck and big hugs.
Sandra x

cariad

Ali – waiting is horrible. That’s what we are here for – let it all out. Worrying is natural and this forum is fantastic because it lets me get my worries out rather than being told “don’t worry” constantly by friends, partner and family. I forget about it but getting up, dressed and brushing over it in the morning brings me back down to earth. Hope your appointment goes well on Monday.

Don’t stop living your life because of ‘it’. Enjoy your life. Go right back into Matalan and buy that halter neck top 😉 I have spent days worrying about this when I should be out enjoying myself. I will never get these days back.

Signs *wish I could wear a halter neck top anyway*

I will be raising a glass of Blossom Hill (yummm!) tonight to all you brave ladies on this forum.

11 days and counting for my appointment with the clinic consultant.

Lots of love and hope you have a great and stressless weekend.

Cx

ZomBea

And thanks to Pauline also 🙂 this site has and am sure will continue to help soothe a very confused mind 🙂

I shall be having a non virtual lovely red wine soon 😛

Bea xx

ZomBea

Agreed Cx,totally. I guess it makes a difficult subject easier to talk about!

Ali hun, totally understand, i've got a lot off my chest, feel more positive now, but then it comes back, then the tears the waking etc, whole cycle! None of us can give any of the others any answers but we can all empathise and be there for each other even if only virtually! At least on here we can shed the fears etc as we all face the same problem, have the same problem etc. I think for me it's a great comfort being part of this forum and a damn site more soothing than the usual "It will be nothing! It will be treatable etc" answers you tend to get. That doesn't really combat anything that's in your mind!

Am going to go and pluck my damn eyebrows, put on a face pack, do my hair nice etc and go out and have a good time tonight, am putting head on shut down for the weekend, hopefully it'll work lol, I can but try!

*Raises a virtual glass of red wine to all of you ladies and sips to the hope of a slightly less stressful weekend*

Ignorance they say is bliss so I shall simply try to ignore this until Monday comes lol 🙂

Take care and hugs to y'all 🙂
Bea xx

ali41

Hi All,
Well i had a great day yesterday no pain felt realy good in myself stated to think possitive things , like its only a cyst or an infection, so had a lovely bath put pj,s on and watched a dvd with hubby, didnt sleep to well last night had pain under my arm and in neck, got tup for work this morning and guess what im in melt down mode again, so went out to buy something new for my holidays ( which is only 7 weeks away ) got into mataland picked up a nice holter neck top got rite to changing rooms and couldnt try it on started to think would i even get to wear it my friend was great he realised what i was thinking and just put top bk and we left the shop, I realy carnt get my head around any of this my head is all over , think i cry more than tiny tears or my eyes are connected to my bladder.
Monday carnt come quick enough im exited and scared all rolled into one, have i just said exited well maybe that was wrong word to use but i just need to know so i guess im excited that i havent got ages to wait any more, if any of that makes sence , im driving myself mad and the rest of the family and me mam keeps looking at me with those sad soppy eyes which makes me feel awful for telling her.
Well im going to go and have a bath but wont fill it to full as i have a feeling i might top it up with tears again , never did like tiny tears now ive turned into her,
Hope every thing goes well for everyone and being in here realy dose help
Ali xxx

cariad

Humour - although not laughing at the situation I suppose it helps us, our partners and family to cope with the situation.

Cx

hollymeg

hi ladies, men why do we bother? When i got my diagnosis i was with my mother in law. When we emerged dazed out of the back door of the clinic, i turned to her and the first thing i said was ' good job he's never been a tit man, so he needn't start now' made her laugh anyway, thought i'd share that with you all.

Bea we know how you feel about the waiting but it must be a lot harder with little support. Come on here, we can talk the hind legs off a donkey here and i assure you it does help.

Have a large one tonight (drink i ment tut tut tut) and let us know how you go on. Keeping everything crossed for you that you have good news and can get on with your life.

Love to you all Pauline xxxx

cariad

Woah there Sue - don't marry me off just yet...ha ha!!

Men do say the sweetest things sometimes!

Cx

ZomBea

Posted too soon lol....

Meant to further say at least they admit their manly multi tasking flaws lol!

Hey ho!

ZomBea

*Raises a full fat cup of caffienated coffee to Cx* 😄

Think minds do play tricks on you under the circumstances, part of the rollercoaster I guess but I do feel less insane now (for a few hours or however long) just because of this site and the people on it 🙂 Guess it helps to just get things out, makes it a little more tolerable. Rather than battling your own run away thoughts alone this all makes you feel more grounded I guess!

Certainly does put life into perspective for sure!!!

Sue, couldn't agree more, as I was saying before i'm in a fairly new relationship of a few months etc and he's great at lightening the subject. However at first you are at minimum silently seething but then you do have to laugh lol. The other night he said if I had to have a mastectomy at some point it would make life easier for him because he wouldn't have to multitask! How angry was I at first but then I saw the point of the whole joke and realised a lot was aimed at him to make me feel better lol. Quite witty really! Hey ho this is blokes though lol bless 'em!

sueinspain

Hi Cariad...Bea

This is probably completely inappropriate ... but adding to how your husband laughed when you mentioned your nipple was pointing downwards.....when I was going through my mass panic phase just before the biopsy, I asked my husband if he would still love me and fancy me if it was really bad news and I had to have a mastectomy .... he actually said "well it gives me less to concentrate on which for a man is much easier"!! ..... after 2 seconds of wanting to kill him I just started to laugh at how simple they sometimes see things!

Sue xxx

cariad

Hi Ladies,

1.2.3...and breathe!

It is really difficult not to think of all the "what ifs" but they are "what ifs" until someone tells us differently. Makes you put life into perspective. Already gone through the "will you support me if anything comes back" talk with my OH and I haven't even had my appointment with the consultant yet! Just worried as 'it' is still here and has been since mid-Feb!

OH is trying to make me as upbeat as he can - mentioned that my left nipple is now starting to point downwards and he started laughing at me! First thought was anger and then I started laughing as well which helped me forget about it (for a while!).

It's easier said than done but worrying is getting me nowhere fast and just making me feel ill. Since 'it' appeared I have caught every cold and stomach bug under the sun and my woman's problems are very erratic!! Before this I seldolm fell ill - twice in the past 10 years!

However, I also think my mind is playing tricks on me.....falling apart....HELP!

Right off to get my caffine fix...

Chin up girls.

Cx

ZomBea

Hey Sue!
Nope you haven't overstepped anything, you are totally right on target lol 🙂
Am trying very hard to keep myself occupied, running out of things to do lol!
I think and i'm sure others would agree being around children kind of amplifies things doesn't it, being a mother your first instinct I guess is the "'what if' welfare of the kids" if you catch my drift.

*Takes virtual deep breath lol*

Maybe I have drank far too much coffee today lol!

Thanks for the post hun, totally right 🙂 Hope you are keeping good 🙂 Love Bea xx

sueinspain

Hi Bea

slooooooooooooooooooooow down! I know thats easy for me or anyone else to say at the moment, but you will drive yourself bonkers operating at this speed.

Its brilliant to be able to come one here and let out some of the frustration, the anger, the worry, and even share some funny moments - so make the best use of it whenever you need to.... we all do it.

DONT make any rash life changing decisions though ... for now you need to try and focus on day to day stuff ... it must be hard on your own with the kids, I was like that when mine were teenagers (I was divorced then) which was hard enough, and if your kids need extra attention and support from you thats another pressure in itself ... you need to try and take care of you at the same time.... and try not to dwell on the "what ifs"

Sorry Ive babbled on - and probably overstepped the mark here - didnt mean to. I just felt like giving you a hug and telling you it would be ok ...

Take care and sending love and fingers crossed for good news!
Sue xxxxxxxx

ZomBea

I agree!!!

I only had my appointment yesterday! He never said it was or wasn't but said "it is hard to give a prognosis without a scan" and I know what that word "prognosis" is used for! Now it's driving me mental! One minute I think was he using loose terminology, the next I think he knows but just won't say! But I have to wait!

Every minute feels like an hour, every minute is different, what if's? Will it be, won't it be? No it'll be ok, no it won't be ok?

I know I have to wait but you are right, maybe I shouldn't be thinking this way but I can't plan anything, I should be off back to uni in September and i'm sat here thinking is there any point, should I be looking to move to Manchester still? I don't really know what to do. Drives you frikkin crazy. I look at my children and feel like crying, am trying not to let them see any changes but kids pick up on things don't they.

I'm a single mum with no family to speak of, don't have any friends to speak due to a very restrictive life (I have 2 children with complex special needs, behavioural problems, severe autism) so I don't really have any outlet at all. I have a new partner but it's a very new relationship and nothing really that solid at this point. He's being great but his way of dealing with it is to make a joke out of it, try and lighten the mood I guess. He's great but i'm even thinking well if it is i'll have to put an end to it etc for his sake. Or maybe he will run a mile anyway if it is something. What will happen to all the children and what will happen for the needs of my two youngest children? How do you explain that to them when they clearly will not understand etc etc etc. And on and on and on!

I can only liken the waiting at any stage to sheer emotional and physical grueling torment! Thank god this site is here or I think i'd have flipped right out by now!!!

Best wishes to all!
Bea
xxxxxxxxxx

Best wishes to you all

sueinspain

Hi Cariad ...

I am like a woman possessed and think the hospital will probably be looking for my number coming up on their callscreens! this way they can avoid talking to me ..... but Im not giving up!!! lunchtime today will see me hassling them once again!

In a wierd way the waiting almost becomes worse than anything else .... you cant plan, you cant prepare, you cant do anything ... frustrating and frightening at the same time.

I completely empathise with your stress levels - and finding things to do to keep occupied and thinking of other things! ... sadly my apartment floors are sparkling, my ironing done, my dog/cats fed and watered .... so Im even running out of mundane things to keep me busy!! other than work of course!

Take care and keep smiling if you can!

Hope you all have a good weekend ...
sue xxx

cariad

Hi All,

Sue - sorry to hear that you are still waiting. Hang in there and keep chasing. Fingers crossed you hear back soon.

Lizzy - have a fantastic weekend.

Pauline - fantastic news on your results.

I have 11 days before my appointment at the clinic. This waiting is driving me crazy and I am running out of things to pre-occupy myself with! If I need further tests then there will be more waiting - it feels never-ending!

I am thankful for finding this forum. Suddenly, I don't feel as alone anymore.

Cx

hollymeg

Hi there ladies, finally found some time to come on here and talk to you.

Sue and Ali I can't believe how long you are having to wait to be seen or get results. I think it is terrible. I had to wait 2 weeks for mamagram, scan and biopsys. I went mad waiting 2 day to be told i had cancer, i cried when they said i had to wait 6 days for lymph nodes results so i do understand what you are going through. I have described the feeling as waiting to go for six root cannals, followed,by a smear followed by a job interview, but for us the feeling never goes away because if it isn't good news thats just the beginning. Don't get me wrong, now i know i have bc but it hasn't spread (so they say, i still won't relax on that one till its confirmed after the op) i do feel some relief but i still feel anxious.

Keep coming on here, it does help to talk to others that do understand.

Lizzy M how did your post op results go, i have everything crossed they went ok?

Love to you all Pauline xxxx

Philidel

The waiting is absolutely the worst thing (well it was for me anyway) and I was so lucky in having a gp who fast-tracked me & I had an appointment at the breast clinic within a week of seeing her! I so feel for all of you who are having to wait & chase up appointments. The unknown is just so stressful.
Good luck to you all and look after yourselves
Philidel x

sueinspain

ha ha Lizzy! wish I was there to share in a bit of retail therapy and wine! hope you have a fabulous time.

My nails are intact but the bags under my eyes are looking worse by the day - lack of sleep contributing to that on a grand scale ... I think from here on in my life can only be sooooooooooooooo easy - cos Im sure if I can get through one month of this level of stress I can cope with anything that comes my way ..

Im hassling the hospital every lunchtime in the vain hope they actually give me the appointment ... starting to think they have lost my notes or my results!

Take care and have a good break
Sue xx

LizzyM

Pauline - Great news on the nodes, really pleased for you!

Sue - Can't believe you still haven't heard!!!! - do you have ANY nails left?! Starting to think you are right - no news = good news - Really hope so for you.

Ali - We're all with you - waiting IS a nightmare, keep posting - rant if it helps, there is always someone here for you. Try not to let imagination run away with you (easy to say, I know - hard to do!)

And me?....went for results of WLE today.......nothing back from path lab due to Easter..... Hey ho..!!

So -off up to Edinburgh for long weekend. There will be wine. There will be retail therapy. Nuff said!!

Take care, all, will catch up next week,

Lizzy XX

ali41

Hi i have been reading through all your messages and im pleased im not the only one who has been waitting weeks to go to the breast clinic, i went to docs 7 weeks ago with a realy painful rite breast she wasnt overly concernd and said she would refer me to clinic and i shouldget seen with in 5 weeks, after 3 weeks and still hadnt hurd anything i phoned hospital up and i had been lost in the systom so got bk in touch with my doctor to c if they would fast track me but she wouldnt said if i had pain it was nothing to worry about, after another 2 weeks passed and still nothing i phoned hosp to find my appointment was fot the 28th of april i wasnt happy so phoned my docs again explaining i now had discharge and a thickning , i had to go and c him and they fast tracked me , hey but its easter so appointment has only been brought forward 6 days, the longer its taken the more im convinced i have bc and its taking over my life, so its nice to read your comments and realise im not the only one who feels this way, do the doctors not realise they might not be concerned but we are, and just because there is no bc in the family at one point it has to start with someone in a family so who is to say its not me. To be honest im sick of hearing myself moan about it but i carnt help it roll on monday.
Ali xx

hollymeg

Hi there ladies, just letting you know my lymphs are clear. Thank god for that. Looks like i have a date for the op, 30th april. Sorry your still waiting sue, its so hard i know. Got to go and spread the news, will be on again soon, can't get through this without you all. Pauline xxx

sueinspain

Morning ladies .... best of luck to you with your appointments, hope you get good news.

My first day back at work today after taking a couple of days off over Easter, I will be spending my lunch break chasing the hospital once again! its getting to be a joke now!it is one month today since I had the biopsy ...

Thinking about you all, and will let you know if I ever hear anything myself.

Sue xxxxx

cariad

Hi All,

Good luck with your tests results today.

Cx

hollymeg

Thanks debs, how you doing? Pauline xxxx

hollymeg

Thanks lizzy M, Hope we both get good results, it's worse than waiting for exam results isn't it. Will let you all know later. Keep busy. Pauline xxxx

debs

Good luck to Pauline and lizzy on your results today! Atleast you will know a bit more and move forward along this road! Thinking of you! love debs xxx

LizzyM

Good luck today, Pauline, hope results are good. I can my post op results this morning - so fingers crossed for both of us!
Lindy - how are you doing? Have you had your appt, or is it this week?
Take care, both
Lizzy M

hollymeg

Hi lindyd, hows it going? Have you had your results, i do hope its good news, im thinking of you. Don't beat yourself up about lying to your kids, i agree don't worry them till you have to. I find out today if it has spread to my nodes so i know exactly how you feel. I come on here most days now....While i can so please come on here and talk to me. It really helps me. Pauline xxxx

lindyd

Hi hollymeg thanks for your reply - good to know there are people like you who understand exactly what its like - wavering now about telling boys - will have to lie to them as to where we are going (hubby coming with me) but it has to be done as need one of them to look after 5 yr old - I hate people lying to me and pride myself on never lying to them but think this time will have to so as to save worrying them until there is something for them to worry about - think that makes sense - it does in my head anyway - good luck with your treatment take care x

hollymeg

hi there, just wanted to say keep your chin up, i had a lump 18 months ago that was nothing. Not so lucky this time, only found out 2 days ago i have cancer. Hopefully you will be lucky. You keep fighting your corner. Keep in touch and let me know how you go on. I've found talking on here, its a bit like facebook for a group of special people. Keeping my fingers crossed and wait to hear some good news from you. Pauline xxx

lindyd

Hi all - update - went to GP for second time she said she would write and try to get appointment moved forward - as of yesterday had no news so took matters into my own hands - rang breast clinic and after explaining situation put through to specialist secretary who was brilliant she phoned surgery to chase up letter - although my appointment was 1st April letter only ready to post yesterday (obviously GP not as worried as me!) secretary phoned me back within 15 mins and told me when letter arrives at hospital she will make sure correct people see it with a view to moving appointment forward - couldn't thank her enough - it eventually seemed like someone was taking my worries seriously.
However another twist to the tale - not sure if this is coincidence but got a phone call at 8.20 yesterday evening saying they were putting another clinic on next Thursday and did I want to move my appointment forward - I jumped at the chance - 1 stop breast clinic can be up to 5 hours but get results same day - but now have very mixed emotions relieved that its sooner, have read and re read statistics on bc and know that the possibility of it been bc are low but still worried over the what ifs and terrified at the same time. have not told any of the family (only hubby knows) and don't think I will - my way of coping I suppose - pretend its not happening and it might go away - good luck to everyone waiting for appointments and the same to all of you who are receiving treatment or waiting for results hope all goes well - take care X

LizzyM

Hi there
Glad to hear your GP had been pro active, and got you referred, always reassuring when GP is on side.

I know it seems like forever, and as everyone on here will tell you, the waiting is awful, but take things a day at a time. Your imagination will run away with you, that's "normal" (well, as normal as anything right now!)- remember, loads of lumps are NOT cancer, but you are doing the right thing getting checked out.

Also, gald your family know, they can give you support as well as everyone here. I was the same at first, didn't want to worry people, but I now firmly believe this is time to think about Number 1!! As they say on the ads, -"You're worth it!"
Take Care

Lizzy M XX

cariad

Hi All,

My GP rang last night to say that he had heard from the clinic and that I could not be referred within two weeks as I was under 30!

He made the referral through a different means and I now have my appointment on the 28th April. He reassured me and told me not to worry - one of the reasons he has tried to rush me through is because I have had an abcess in this breast before although has ruled this out as there is no infection.

So hopefully by the end of this month I should know what is going on. By the time I have the appointment the lump will have been with me for 9 weeks.

Cx

cariad

Hi both,

Thank you for your supportive replies.

Well my OH took it upon himself to tell my family as I was particularly low last night. It turns out he did the right thing and it was nice to talk it through with my family.

The waiting is hard but I have been assured I will be seen within the next two weeks. I just want to know and move forward whatever the outcome.

Hope you get your appointments and test results back soon.

Cx

sueinspain

Hi Lindy

I know what you mean about not telling other people as not to worry them too much. Unfortunately I did tell my mum and sisters - and I know they mean well - but when I tell them I am still waiting for the results they all say "oh well thats good news then isnt it! if it was bad they would have phoned you" ..... I do know they are saying it with the best of intentions, but it means I then find it difficult to be honest about how I really feel right now ..... which is still worried and anxious!

Fingers crossed we all get what we need really soon.

Take good care
Sue x

lindyd

HI -I'm also playing the waiting game so know what your going through - when I eventually get to the breast clinic I will have been waiting just over 9wks from first seeing my GP - not good far too long - I too have only told hubby about it as don't want to worry my family until I know what we are dealing with (hopefully nothing then they need never know) - its hard enough for us to cope and don't want to put my sons parents and sisters through any needless worry as there is nothing they can do if that makes sense. Hope you get your appointment sorted out soon - take care X

sueinspain

Hi Cariad

you should see the amount of posts Ive made in the past few weeks about the "waiting" game !!! it can be a nightmare so I have every sympathy.

Its good to hear that your doctor has referred you after noticing the changes - and I suppose it depends on where you live as to how long you now wait for the appointment.

Its easier said than done "not to worry" - but you should try and focus on the positives and that most lumps/bumps are eventually diagnosed as benign - and I´ll keep everything crossed that you get the diagnosis you want to hear.

In the meantime this is a brilliant place to ask, shout, scream, cry, moan and generally lean on people for support!

Make sure you do and I am sure you will get lots of it .... everyone on here has started at the same place you have - and will no doubt have their own coping suggestions for dealing with the waiting game!

The ladies on here have been my lifeline in recent weeks and have put up with my ranting on regular basis!

Take care
Sue xxx

cariad

Waiting.......

Hi All,

First post so was not sure where to put this but I noticed a lump in my left breast about 6 weeks ago. I went to my Doctor who could not feel it - at that point I could only feel it when I lifted my arm or was in the shower. He said to go back in 2-4 weeks if it had not improved and I could still feel it.

Well I went back yesterday as I could feel it and it was getting bigger. I can now see it!

Had my examination yesterday and have now been referred to the Breast Clinic for further tests. He could not say what he thinks it is - I only have 1 case of BC in the family and I have had a breast abcess in the past. However, due to the fact that it does not have any redness on the surface he ruled that out! He said that it is a distinct swelling and that he can feel the sides and top but is not sure how deep it goes. However, it is tender to the touch which he assured me was a good sign.

So I am now just waiting to see what 'it' is! I am not sure what to think but am finding it very difficult to think positively at the moment. He said to ring him in 2 weeks if I have not heard from the Breast Clinic by then.

I have just moved to a new area and feel I have no one to talk to. My other half is finding it difficult to cope with - and its only been 1 day of waiting. I can't talk to my parents as my little sister recently had a lympoma scare and I don't want them panicing over something that could end up being nothing.

Cookies for getting this far.

Cx