Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting...

18 REPLIES 18
WasRub

Re: Waiting...

Hi Leigh

Im not sure, they just said that both the scan and mammogram were inconclusive and it could be nothing but it could be something - so I left knowing very little.
Results should come next week, Im hoping no news is good news xx

Lorien

Hi WasRub
Keep strong-
I wish I could take some of the weight off your shoulders 😞
I am thinking of you
Lx

Leighmcl

Hi Wasrub

So sorry you had to have a biopsy, did you have the mammogram first and then the us, why did they do the biopsy, was it because they couldn't see the lump clearly or whether or not it was a cyst or not?

Are you the same age as me, 35? So worried now, trying to keep calm but its tough isn't it.

When do you get your biopsy results through hun?

x

WasRub

Hi Leighmcl

Tuesday was ok, they did an ultrasound and a mammogram but both were inconclusive...so they did a biopsy, just got to wait til next week for the results.

Its the waiting that drives you mad, Im fine durng the day, I can keep busy, but when you go to bed its all I can think about...tried to explain yesterday, the saying the weight of the world on your shoulders, never felt it before but my shoulders feel so heavy...its very bizarre.

Wishing you well for the 14th xx

Leighmcl

Hi WasRub

Like everyone else, hope yesterday went ok? Please update us when you get a spare moment. I too found a lump recently and my appointment is on 14th June, but the waiting is excruitiating.
x

Lorien

HI WasRub

Hope all went well today?

Lx

WasRub

Thank you for your comment, it really helps to know what other people have been through and what they are about to go through. Ive spent alot of the last few days reading the forum, all the tales of how people find out, how treatment goes and the relief to ead people coming out the other side...it takes away some of the worry and the 'unknown'.
Thank you so much for sharing with me xx

tors

Good luck for tuesday. Just wanted to add that apparently 9 out of 10 breast lumps are innocent, we are just the unlucky lot on here, so obviously our experiences are not representative of all the people who have lumps and go to have them checked.

I had an appointment a week after i found my lump, was diagnosed the same day on 8th march, had operation to remove lump and take out a lmph node to check at the end of march, started chemo end of april, 6 cycles of chemo, one every three weeks, should finish mid august, then 18 radiotherapy sessions ( which are every day except weekends) should bring late september/mid october if my treatment stays on target. Everyone is different, a lot of women don't need chemo so it is a quicker process for them. I am 36 with 2 young children. It is hard but you do it because you have to do it for them. Hope this helps put things in perspective, tho remember chances are none of this will apply toyou, as chances are it will be begign.

Good luck, let us know

Vickie
xxx

WasRub

Hi
Thanks for your well wishing.

L - Im doing ok today, had a leaflet come today which explains more about what will happen on Tuesday.. that helped to take away some of the questions..
Can understand what you mean about trying to be positive, it is hard, if your anything like me you want some answers to the what ifs.. I like to be oganised, know exactly what Im doing and when but this has just put a cat amongst the pigeons - as much as I try to ignore it, cos its nothing so why would it change anything and then a little niggle comes in with a but what if...

During the day I can throw myself into work, but of an eveing when the kids are in bed and its all quiet, it gets me thinking.

I try to be realistic and think of all those people actually coping with bad news xx

karo

Hoping that all goes well for you both on Tuesday xxx

Lorien

HI Wasrub
Just thought I'd check in to see how you are doing!

I am usually so much more positive than this but it is good to share thoughts with others. I start a new job in September and can't help thinking 'what if...'

I will be thinking of you on Tuesday. Here is to positive news!!
Lx

scobie

Just wishing you luck for Tuesday,try not to worry easier said than done I know! Let us know how you get on after it pleaser. Joyce xx

Lorien

Hi Wasrub,

I am glad you have got your appointment through, I was fortunate that my GP booked mine before I left the surgery which meant I had no additional worries (other than the obvious of course!)

I also go next Tuesday which seems like an age away but hopefully will fly by (can't believe I am wishing my annual leave away!)

I am wishing you well and hoping for positive news for you on Tuesday.
Take care
Lx
P.S I am also relieved to have found this forum, I typed out my rather long introductory post last night and had a better nights sleep than I have had all week much to the relief of my poor sleep deprived husband.

WasRub

Just to say, I have a date now for my appointment, I have spent the day chasing it up - My appointment is Tuesday, relieved that I know when Im going... the nerves are kicking on what to expect!

WasRub

Thank you for your support, I am trying to take each day as it comes, trying to remain positive its just those occasional blips...when you just want answers!

Still waiting, no appointment came today in the post, I have my husband on post watch for me....think Im driving him mad too!!

Here's hoping I hear tomorrow, thank you for taking the time to read my post, its just nice having someone to talk to, that know where Im coming from.

Thanks again x

rancidtart

Hi

I just posted but for some reason it didn't appear! We all understand what you are going through. If your gp has marked your referral as urgent, then you will be seen within 2 wks. Whatever the outcome, you will get through it and we are all here to support you

Julia xx

marial

Hi WasRub,
Waiting is the worst, we have all been through it or are going through it, so my thoughts go out to you. One step at a time is our motto, so try not to think about what you will do, if...... But I know its hard. You will be surprised what you can fit in if you have to, and how well kids, family and real friends cope.
Cyber hugs Maria

Jo_BCC

Hi WasRub,

Welcome to the Breast Cancer Care discussion forums, you've come to the right place for some good, honest support as the users of this site have a wealth of information and experience between them.

While you are waiting for replies, I have put for you below the link to one of BCC's publications called Referral to a breast clinic, which you may find helpful to read.

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTe...

Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

WasRub

Waiting...

Hi

I went to the doctors last Monday because I had found a lump a few weeks before, the lump is in my left breast on the underside, I have recently been put on a diet by my doctor so thought at first it was something to do with the weight loss, then I read it may be something to do with my menstrual cycle...so I waited.. it was still there so I went to the doctors..
Im now waiting for my referral appointment to come through, its driving me mad, my husband keeps saying its nothing to worry about and I agree.. I feel fine, other than a little worried over my lump!
I go on holiday in 3 weeks, I keep wondering what will happen if it is serious...what do I do? I work full time,I have 3 children, how will I fit treatment in? I know it all sounds really silly, but if it is serious what then? How quickly will I receive treatment? How will I tell my children? Can I get away without telling them.... Sorry just needed to off load, I try and talk to my husband and he just wants to reassure me that everything will be ok, but I need to discuss the what if's
Id really appreciate hearing your tales
Thank you xx