Waiting

Hi,

I found a lump in my breast over a month ago now, i went straight to the doctors who examined me and found the lump, he refered me to the breast clininc straight away. I rang the clinic as i hadn’t heard anything and was told i was on a 14 week waiting list. I went straight back to the doctors who was very apologetic. he said he would write a letter to that i would get refered quicker. I rang the clinic on Monday and was told i was still on the 14 week waiting list. What to do??

Hi Caroline, welcome to the BCC forums

Please feel free to call our helpline for some support on this whilst you await replies from your fellow users on 0808 800 6000, the line is open 9-5 weekdays and 9-2 Sat.

Best wishes
Lucy

Caroline123

Your GP needs to mark the request as urgent, then you will be seen within 2 weeks, which is standard for urgent appointments. Your Doc should know that! If he has already done that then I dont understand. Could you be referred to a different hosp?

Julia xx

Dear Caroline,

I am in the same boat, except I did get into the breast center, but on a 3 week waiting list for surgeon. The wait is terrible for you, call and see if there is an exception they can make.

Prayers & Hugs
Roseg