Waiting

9 REPLIES 9
lucy12

Re: Waiting

Hope it's good news for you today...

Lu xx

highlander73

I think I've probably spent enough money just recently with all the stuff for the wedding so I think perhaps I best settle for the big bar of chocolate but not too many or I might not fit in my dress.

sylviah

Glad it's a better day today, be nice to yourself today, whether it's a big bar of cadbury's or a new pair of shoes. Smiley Happy

xx

highlander73

Thank you.  Think yesterday was just a bad day.  Feeling better about it all today and like you say not long to wait now and hopefully I'll know exactly whats going on.

sylviah

Hi there, Stop beating yourself up, it's ok to feel up and down like this and perfectly normal. It won't help, but you have waited for the longest period until now and now you only have a short wait to go (hope that makes sense) Wednesday will soon be here and gone and you will feel a great sense of relief once you have passed that point. Chin up and try not to worry.

Thinking of you

xx

highlander73

Hello everyone I need a pick me up today and thought of you guys.

I'm being incredibly grumpy today I think I'm getting wound up about the appointment on Wednesday.  I know there is no point but I'm going from positive its only a cyst they can sort it to fearing the worse.

This waiting room definately messes with your head and its driving me insane.  Wouldn't mind but I've been waiting since 23rd December for this appointment which I know should mean that its fine as it wasn't an urgent referral but my gp doesn't know that and what if it is serious, could this wait have changed things.

See there I go again assuming the worse.

highlander73

Thank you for your thoughts.

I am trying very hard to stay busy and not think about it and I was doing quite well until this week.  I'm getting married in July this year so I've been busy sorting everything out but I seem to have managed to arrange everything now so have more time for thinking and wondering which isn't helping but then everyone here knows exactly what I mean.

Not much I can do but sit and wait and try not to let my imagination take over.

Jo_BCC

Hi Highlander73

You've done the right thing coming back to this site for some support that you obviously need.  Our helpline staff are just a free phone call away if you would like to discuss your concerns with them, they're here to support you.  0808 800 6000.

Take care,

Jo, Moderator

mary32

Hi

My goodness you are having a time of it, I'm so sorry. At least now it will be looked at properly and you will find out what is causing all this errupting!

I hope you can keep distracted until next week, take care.

Mary

highlander73

Waiting

Hello everyone I was on here almost two years ago and you were all so helpful.

I had a microductectomy in April 2012 and was one of the lucky ones to get the all clear however in November 2013 I started getting a pain at the site of the surgery thinking perhaps it was just healing or hormones I left it.

Come December the pain was really bad and it was swelling up to the point my nipple would disappear so off I goes to the GP.  She thinks its just a cyst and infected gave me antibiotics and referred me back to my surgeon just to get checked out.  A few weeks after Christmas I get what I now call my volcano a raised spot with yellow centre and it burst sending sticky yellow pus and what looks like blood everywhere so back to the GP.  More antibiotics and wait and see.  The lump has never gone and it swells up everyday some days more than others but about 2 weeks ago the swelling and pain got really bad and my volcano appears and yep explodes again so more antibiotics and the GP says she'll chase the hospital for my appointment. 

My appointment has finally arrived (a week tomorrow) but now I'm scared stiff what if it isn't a cyst?  What will they do to get rid of the cyst! I can't have it swelling up and exploding every couple of weeks and 3 courses of antibiotics since the week of christmas sounds like quite a lot to me.  Could it be more than just a cyst?

I know there is nothing any of you can say really but this place is great for support.

Thank you for reading and any comments, help or anything is very much appreciated.