Want a laugh? Plus some serious stuff, had pre op.

Got a phone call this morning for my follow up appointment from Fridays biopsy. 15th she says, oh I say, thats my op date, oh she says back, hang on a sec…much muttering…I’ll ring you back later! lol!

So had my pre op today and met the surgeon. Very nice man, Mr Clark…his surname doesn’t match his ethnicity lol…think he was a bit taken aback by my attitude but it was either joke around or end up a blithering mess on the floor in front of him, so I went for humour!..So at least I now understand the op.

Said 30% of us have to have the nodes removed but they leave a third, so that made me feel a bit better for some odd reason. My lump is 11mm and they want a 1mm margin so they take a whole cm!!! When I said I was a DD he said thats ok, we can shuffle some about a bit to fill the gap! I said well, at least if I have to have both sides you can make them match, to which he looked a bit shocked but then laughed, lol! I like him. Made  me feel safe. Which is good.

Anyway, to Stru who I know will read this, good luck for tomorrow hun, keep your chin up and humour hat on xxxxxxxxxxx

And read it I did :). I’m like you, humour helps deflect. The dr at my biopsy result session didn’t know what to make of me at all. She wasn’t sure what to do with my smurf concerns.

Hahaha - brill story.

When I said to the consultant about a boob job, he looked at me and carried on - no sense of humour.

Strudel - my BCN was telling me that when I came round from the op next week I will be a smurf - she had a great sense of humour.

Emily, I have just sneaked in before you, I’m in on the 13th.

Bluetit - that is brill - I’m gonna use that one ??

She did tell me about blue wee, but I was still laughing about being a smurf ???

Woo hoo!! Silver, I’m so happy you got the news you needed today - I’m now last for the op, way behind you ??
Emily, I bet you are a breath of fresh air to the surgeon, I bet they don’t meet many like you … lol … I make my consultant and BCN laugh for very different reasons ( hands on ears saying “don’t tell me anything”). I don’t think they’ve met another me … hahaha
Strudel - you will be great tomorrow, come in and report as soon as you can!!! I will be thinking about you xx
Ladybowler - hahaha live the “blue tit” scenario - will keep that in mind ??
xxx

Oh just had another thought - I can’t remember … am I the only mastectomy?? Is everyone else lumpectomy?? xx

Hahaha - this has got to be one of the funniest threads I’ve read.
Mind you, she said mine would be more of a blue patch on my chest as my ‘tit’ will be gone - that’s you as well Sallyann. We will look more like those characters from Avatar - they were blue flat chested women ??

I didn’t know I could be a smurf for a year ??

??? silver, I hadn’t even thought of that!!! We won’t have one … ?? ? xx

Can I just say I already have the bluetit, and a very pretty blue it is too - mind you when I looked round the dressing tonight, part of it looked a bit like a robin red breast - good job I’m due back at the hospital tomorrow for the pressure dressing to be changed.  

Sense of of humour all the way for me too - when I was first diagnosed my husband couldn’t believe how excited I was at the free prescriptions for 5 years!!!

Will be thinking of you tomorrow, strudel.

Love Jane xx