cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want some company waiting?

62 REPLIES 62
Sib

Re: Want some company waiting?

Hi,  My lump is very painful, pain can keep me awake. Had pain for around 4 weeks before I discovered plum sized lump with dimpling of skin and introverted nipple, I thought it was my age (isn't everything ) 50 and peri menopausal! Now waiting on results had mammograms scans biopsys and got bone scan on Tuesday.  X

reneeromer

Hi Mummycaz1,

My lump felt like yours. I have a benign phyllodes tumor. I went for my oncology surgery appointment yesterday and they explained to me how they are going to remove it. My surgery is on June 30th. I hope yours is something similar. I will probably have some deformity since they have to take out healthy tissue as well and it's pretty big. But that's OK. I just want to move on already. Fingers crossed for you!! R

Mama-bear

Hi mummycaz1, ive been where you are but try not to worry. My lump was very firm, and moved around in the tissue. I had no pain or any other sign that there was a problem.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you that it's a cyst or something benign. Xx
Mummycaz1

Hi all . Mamma bear im so sorry for your news .. im going for a biopsy and ultrasound on 27th june. Im not sure what i am doing im trying to keep myself busy but its hard . Last friday i woke up with a bit of pain in my left breast i found a very hard lump not moves and tender . Its been a week now and not gone ive been to doctors she quickly looked at it and rushed to her desk to book me a appointment. Just driving myself crazy
Mama bear can i ask what your lump felt like xxx
Debbie1964

Glad the waiting is over for you ladies, sorry mama bear your still on the rollacoaster, but your in the best hands now , this site is amazing , and gives very much needed support for us ladies, i think it helps alot of us through these experiances we are haveing to face, an update from me, i have started my hormone therapy, no side effects as of yet, but might be too early, had my zoladex implant yesterday, wasnt half as bad as i was imagining, and started letrozole too, 4 weeks to holiday and counting lol, op 25th july,, hugss to all you ladys 

Debbie xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Renee

Oh bless you, that is really lovely of you to say, I am so glad I have been of support xxx

reneeromer

Helena,

You have responded to me since day 1. Thank you for your attention to all of the ladies on here who are scared, anxious, happy, and fighting! The kindness I have experienced on here from complete strangers makes me have faith in people again. So thankful!!

Renee

ladybowler
Community Champion

renee

whey hey this is turning out to be a good day, so glad to hear your news.

Helena xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

mtg66

Oh shucks you made me blush 🙂  It is a pleasure, always great to learn that ladies have not been diagnosed with bc, it gives hope to lots of ladies who are on here that are worried, to show it does not always have to be so.

Helena xx

reneeromer

My results are in and my tumor is benign but I need surgery to completely remove it. I get my referral to the oncology surgeon today. I believe my doctor said it was fibroadenoma. She said so many big words I can't remember them all. Mtg66 I am so happy to hear your news. You ladies have been getting me by. Mamabear... we will be here throughout your journey if you need us! Renee
mgt66

Thank you ladybowler. And for supporting us all on here. M xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

mgt66

That is wonderful news xxx

mgt66

Thank you mama-bear. I hope you are doing okay today. I have been thinking of you. M xx

Mama-bear

That's great news, I'm really pleased for you mgt66. Xxxx
mgt66

I have spoken to the consultant’s secretary and she said that I didn’t need to come in for results. They have reviewed my case and I will be sent a ‘reassure and discharge’ letter. I think this means my biopsy was clear, but I can’t quite believe it until I see the letter. I also don’t know if there will be any follow up in terms of regular screening, etc, but when I get the letter I will update here in case it helps anyone else.

Meanwhile, good luck to everyone waiting for results or treatment.  

Thinking of you. M xx

mgt66

Renee is right mama-bear, you have got this, and we are all sending you our total positivity, whatever our own outcomes. Love, M xx

Mama-bear

Thank you all. Will be keeping my fingers crossed your news is a lot better. Xxx
reneeromer

You've got this Mama bear. One step closer to recovering. I am sending a big hug, positive thoughts and all my energy to get through this!! xoxox

Mama-bear

Yeah im ok. Have to wait for the mri before rhey can devise a full plan but looks like surgery and radiotherapy as a first stab. Depending on the rest of the results that still need to come in, there maybe more.

Thanks ladies. I'm sure it will sink in more later but doing OK for at the moment. Xxx
mgt66

Oh no. I'm so terribly sorry to hear that. I hope they gave you clear information about what happens next. Are you coping okay? Thinking of you mama-bear. M xxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Mam bear

Obviously not the news you wanted, but at least you know and that your treatment plan will soon be in plac, I think that in itself is a big relief.

Just tell those people who you want to at this stage, if you dont want to tell someone, then it is up to you, dont put any pressure on yourself xxx

We are all here for you whenever you need us mate

Helena xxx

Mama-bear

Verdict is in...drum roll please...BC! Got to go for an mri next week but doing OK with it all. Now just working through all those i have to tell. 🙁
reneeromer

Mine is in the same place so I know what you mean!!

Mama-bear

Whilst i had absolutely no pain before the biopsy, I have felt nothing but bruise pain since. My bruise is a grungy shade of green which means it will prob be gone soon but seem to bump it with my arm about 20 times a day (being on the outside of my boob).
reneeromer

wow it's dinner time for you gals! It's still morning here. School is out for the kids so at least I won't have homework to deal with later with them. POSITIVE - POSITIVE - POSITIVE!!!!

How's the healing coming along? I'm still all black and blue but it doesn't hurt anymore.

Mama-bear

Thank you mgt66. It's really appreciated. Xxx
mgt66

And thank you both as well!! Still no news...

Keeping everything crossed for you tomorrow mama-bear. Love M xx

Mama-bear

They gave me a similar message, if it's benign they might just leave it and ask me to go back if it gets any bigger and I thought to myself how will I know if it's getting bigger. It's inside me. I don't have a portable ultrasound at home. Even if it's not getting bigger I'll panic it is so just take it out now and then I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Totally ready to get off it now. Fingers crossed we'll all be off it soon xoxo
reneeromer

The radiologist told me about 7 days. The sheet I got after my procedure said 3-5 days. So who knows. When I asked about what happens after results... she said, "There's 3 scenerios... 1 - It's nothing, 2 - There are cancer cells present. They will figure out how to proceed, 3 - It's cancerous... they will remove it. I was like, "JUST REMOVE IT!!" I WANT IT OUT OF THERE!!!.

We really don't have time for all of this, right? I would have never even found the lump if it hadn't been hurting me the whole day a few weeks ago. But when I felt it, I was like..... "Here we go". ugh!!

What a roller coaster! Let's get off!! xoxo
Mama-bear

Can't agree with you more Reneeromer, I feel fine physically. If I couldn't actually feel the lump I'd swear I was just imagining everything.

I echo the thanks. It can make me feel better to put words on a page and get what I'm feeling out there but it helps more to know that someone is reading it and feeling the same way. Makes me feel less crazy and drama queen-ish, if that makes sense.Smiley Very Happy

Mgt66, presume there has been no call yet for you to confirm when you get your results? Raneeromer, do you have a date yet?

xoxo 

reneeromer

Hello Ladies,

Your feelings and emotions are right in tune with mine today. I am really trying to think positive but know that it's all in God's hands. It is what it is at this point. The idea of putting my kids and family through this makes me sick. Mamabear... I know what you mean but feeling in your heart that all is ok but then my stomach sinks when I think the other way. I think the worst part is, that I feel fine. Like... how can something be wrong? I feel great! Physically, anyway. I just wan this to be over. And I really want to thank you two for being there for me. It has brought me so much peace knowing I'm not alone. R

Mama-bear

Thank you ladies, feeling a bit better today. Trying to stay positive although there's quite a bit brimming under the surface. In my heart I think it will be Ok and I can move on with my life but ever now and then my head moves over to the dark side. Just need to give myself a few b*tch slaps to bring it back.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you mgt66 and hold on in there reneeromer. I will be thinking of you both. Xoxo
mgt66

Hi Reneeromer and Mama-bear. Sorry to hear you had bad weekends. Me too - although I have no-one to fall out with but myself! I have been sulking rather than crying and looking up the possible diagnoses in the hope that if I have one I will understand what they are saying to me. I'm hoping that I can be distracted by work today and that maybe they will call and tell me when my results will be. Good luck for tomorrow mama-bear, and do let me know if you hear anything R. Thinking of you...M xx

reneeromer

Mama bear, I'm right there with you girl! My husband and I haven't spoken all weekend. So rude for them to be so insensitive. Don't cry! I'm not going to anymore either. I go back to work tomorrow too. I dread getting the call but look forward to putting this behind me (us!!). When we are all done with this, we deserve a girls night. I'll book a flight! Haha! Xoxo
Mama-bear

Evening all,
So after almost a whole month of holding it together, had a bit of a hormonal and emotional meltdown. Had a barney with the hubby over what the kids wanted to do with their bank holiday and now he's not talking to me. Can't stop crying and have decided to just go to bed.
Have stayed clear from the internet and feel worse for it. I like to Google as no matter what I find I'm pretty sure my results will be no where near what i can find on the internet but am converting well meaning advice and taking a break from it all and instead, testing out how much fluid I can actually lose through my eyes. Apparently, it's quite a lot.
On that happy note, am so angry with the hubby for being less than supportive that I'm not going to even offer to wash up for at least a month! He can wallow in his dirty dishes ! Might just have to buy a dish washer. 🙁

Reneeromer, haven't had mine removed yet as it's due to be replaced in November. My doctor has told me to make an appointment with family planning to get it replaced early but am thinking I might check out other options.

Im back to work tomorrow Stay strong ladies xxx

2 days to go.
reneeromer

Hi mama bear, I had the mirena iud too and just had it removed. I had it for 3 years. I thought the same thing. Hoping!!!
reneeromer

Hi M xx,
I reeeallly want to look forward to my trip! I wish none of us were going through this. I have gotten by with the help of my mom and sisters. Husband seems to be in denial and not supporting my feelings of being scared. Not cool. Thank you as well and all the other wonderful ladies on here who are making me smile. Xoxoxoxoxo
ann-m
Community Champion

Hi mamabear,
Please try not to read things into the situation, what you describe is normal practice about appointments & nobody is keeping things from you.
As ever, the mind goes into overdrive, overthinking it all takes over & the anxiety monster keeps biting. We've all been there at some point!
I'm sure you've read this already, but general googling only makes anxiety worse at this stage & doesn't change anything. It will get resolved.
do take care everybody
ann x
ladybowler
Community Champion

Mama-bear

it is an efficient hospital, with both my biopsies I left with an appointment to come back for the results for the next week 🙂

mgt66

Haha. Get to that washing up you! I don't know if that after 50 thing is real or just a reason to back off the hard pressed resources. There are solid studies that show knowledge reduces stress, but I don't think they will say anything until they have real evidence, and I can understand that. There are a couple of ponies over the road, and they'd better be ready!!

M xx

Mama-bear

Hmmm, it's odd because it sounds like something someone would say if they're trying to help but really they're just saying if it is bad news, you're really unlucky because it may not have anything to do with your family history, which was bad enough.

When I was talking to the consultant and nurse I kept asking them to tell me everything, even if they think it's bad because I feel less scared with more information. If I feel like they're hiding things, I go straight to my imagination which is a lot worse than half the stuff on the internet. I'm not sure what they think I'll do if they are just honest about their thoughts so far....that maybe I'll do the washing up?

Hold in there mgt66, and you'll be licking that gift pony, mush or not before you know it! X
mgt66

I've not been too bad mostly. I had a bad day yesterday, but the posts on here have helped. If I get all clear I will gladly lick any pony that presents its mush! I am dwelling on my family history - my mum and aunt were my age when they got diagnosed and my sister died in her early 40s. I had annual screening through my 40s but when I hit 50 they said my risk was now the same as the general population. No help really (?).

M xx

Mama-bear

Thanks mgt66, yes, should lick a gift pony in the mush and all that.

Hope you appointment confirmation comes through soon. The waiting is the so hard, added to the fact you're waiting to find out when you will find out. Must be driving you crazy at times. x

mgt66

At least you know when it will be. I will be thinking of you and keep in touch if it helps.

Love M x

Mama-bear

Yep, they booked an appointment before I left the hospital so walked away with the letter to come back Wednesday morning 9.45. Not sure if that's a good or a bad sign or just an efficient hospital.

Fingers crossed for the later 🤞xx
mgt66

Hi Mama-bear - do you have a definite appointment for results - is it Wednesday? I still don't have a date for mine.

M x

ladybowler
Community Champion

Mama-bear

It is amazing what occurs to us when we give ourselves time to think rationally isn't.  I had a similar thing the other day had been mithering about something then suddenly thought, of course, and my whole perspective changed on it, turns out I was right 🙂

Ha ha, you are sooo funny with that, your poor hubby, but make the most of it.

Enjoy your bank holiday xxxx

Mama-bear

Thanks for the comments ladies, much appreciated.
So having a weird day today. Thought I had an epiphany this morning whilst out on my run. Vaguely remember reading somewhere that fibroadenoma can occur as well as increase in size due to hormone changes, which is why they can be quite common in young girls. I have the marina coil and about two months ago started getting periods again. Bam, that's got to be it! It's just the stupid coil.
On looking up if there are links to fibroadenoma and that type of coil, to prove my point, turns out there are links but not as many as there appear to be to cancer and that coil. To be clear there is no proven evidence of that but there are a lot of cases (including on another forum thread on this website).....so back to square one, what is it?

P.s. Still not doing washing up, still not sure what he thinks will happen, still not asking him in case he changes his mind 😁

3 days to go x

mgt66

Hi Mama-bear. I'm sorry to hear your biopsy was so awful. I think I must have been lucky, but I expect it must depend on the size and location of the 'lump' - or 'object' as my first doctor described it! It's good that you have told you husband - and if he feels you can't wash up then I would let him get on with it! It sounds like you should get results around the same time as me and R, and those on the other thread, so please do keep in touch if you feel we can help with the waiting.

M xx

mgt66

Dear Ladybowler,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have found this site SO helpful while I have been waiting and I'm really grateful to all of the women who have posted.

M xx