1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want some company waiting?

mgt66

Re: Want some company waiting?

Hi R - in sunny California. That explains why your appointment seemed so late to me! I'm really glad to hear you are not in so much discomfort now. There are some women on the other thread talking about planned holidays and how helpful it was to take them anyway. I SO hope you can get good news and go and enjoy your honeymoon with all this behind you. How awful for this to spoil you looking forward to it.

Thinking of you. M xx

ladybowler
Community Champion

Mama-bear

Firstly dont apologise for the length of your post, this is a place where you can get things "off your chest" excuse the pun. 

This is a difficult time and well done for going to get this check, that is a big step.  Just keep in mind that there are many breast conditions which are not cancerous, as you will see reading some of the posts from ladies on here.

I know when I had my biopsies done I was right at the end of the Bowls seasons last year and was in finals, I asked if it was ok for me to bowl, they were absolutely fine about it as it was over 48 hours after that I was doing it, I know this doesnt involve the breast being jostled up and down, but for them it was more about the weight of the bowls and they were very happy.

There are ladies on here who are runners and have run throughout their treatment, obviously not whilst recovering from the op etc., but they have taken it up again at an appropriate time after.  If in doubt give the breast clinic a call on Tuesday and check it out with them.

Let us know how you get on when you go back for your results, remember we are all here for you to help and support as we can.

Enjoy being bubble wrapped xxx

Mama-bear

Hi everyone, I too am in the waiting game and until last night (when i finally told my husband) thought I was waiting alone.

I had my ultrasound, which turned into a mammogram, which turned into a biopsy on Wednesday and am now waiting for my results to come in next week. 

Not sure how i have got through the last couple of days, the biopsy hurt like hell. "It's just going to feel like a light flick". A flick my arse, it felt like someone punched me in the boob but to be fair my "mass" is on the larger side so I think it just fought back when they took a little piece of it.

As I'm sure you ladies know they say to keep it dry for 48 hours. Unlucky for me I had to travel to London the following day for a work conference. Was not about to show up stinky and greasy haired so had great fun with cling film and dressing tape. Had a view that if I just leaned that side of my body out the shower I could totally keep the area dry. Kinda worked, the dressing stayed dry, but ended up a bit sweaty from the cling film. On the plus side, had clean hair!

Am now umm and arhing about whether I go for a run this morning. I've ironically being trying to get fitter and so started running a couple of months ago. Whilst I've run many times knowing there is a lump there, now I have gone through the tests it seems a lot more real and, in my head, I could make it worse by letting it beat up good tissue by bobbing around while I'm jogging along. Realistically I know it wont do more harm but I'm sure you have all experienced the exaggeration of concern by being in your own heads like me.

I would speak to my husband about it, now he knows but he is currently flip flopping between acting normal for our children, who don't know and wrapping me up in bubble wrap. Wasn't allowed to do the washing up last night. Not entirely sure what he thought was going to happen but I'd decided to let him follow that path if it makes him feel better.....plus it means I don't have to do the washing up Smiley Tongue

Anyway, apologies or my waffle. I'll try to keep it to a minimum over this long bank holiday weekend (will probably be the longest ever since I want to get to the other side of it as soon as possible).

ladybowler
Community Champion

eeromer and mtg

We are all here for you whenever you need us.  Take one stage at a time and you will get there, this is the worst time but you will get through it, honestly I promise you xxxx

ladybowler
Community Champion

mgt

There is nothing that you should feel a fraud about, you are getting something checked out and need the support of ladies on here who have gone or are going through exactly the same as you xxx

Always know that we are here to help and support you in whatever way we can, we totally get you

Sending you a hug xxxx

reneeromer

Hi M x- I am feeling better today. Physically, anyway. I have my honeymoon planned for June 8th and I can't even look forward to it because of all of this. How are you getting along? I should be getting my results about the same time as you. Even though o wish to god you weren't dealing with this, it's comforting to know I am not alone. I hope we both get good new next week! I know this is a U.K. Site but I live in California. ((Holding your hand through this)) R
mgt66

Hi R. I'm so sorry to hear it was such a bad experience. I hope you will be less sore today and can find some things to distract you a bit over the weekend. Did they give you any idea when you would get your results? I think mine will be around next Thursday - same as Diddy on the other thread. Please do keep in touch if we can help each other through the waiting...

Thinking of you.

M xx

reneeromer

Well last night was rough. Very sore and bruised. I hope you are having a good day!! I already hate the waiting!!
mgt66

Gosh that was a late appointment. It must have been horrible waiting all day. I hope it went okay, and you are not getting any pain. Hoping for good news for you too!!! I'm doing okay at the moment, keeping really busy, but I know that as I get closer to the results I will get more and more anxious. Hope you have a less stressful day today and can get out and enjoy the sunshine a bit.

Thinking of you.

M xx

reneeromer

My appointment is in 2 hours. I came in to work today to keep me busy until then. Although, nothing is really keeping my mind off of it. How are you holding up? Waiting is the worst!! I am so hoping for good news for you!!!
mgt66

Hi R. Thank you for the good wishes. I will be thinking of you too. How did you get on today? I hope that it wasn't too uncomfortable and that you are not in any pain now. Mine doesn't hurt - it's just the waiting!

M x

reneeromer

Hello!

My biopsy is tomorrow. The only comfort I am getting is through these threads. I will keep you company. I am so scared. I am going to hope and pray that your results are benign. My radiologist said she sees a moderately suspicious mass but that my lymph nodes are good. We'll see. I will check up on you.

R

mgt66

Want some company waiting?

I had my biopsy yesterday and am now waiting for the next 7-10 days they say. I feel a bit of a fraud posting when I don't even know what I have, and there are so many brave and wonderful women here who had bad news but are kind enough to share. The posts have kept me sane this last four weeks. I expect there are others who are going through this at my stage who don't want to bother anyone with worries, but if you are out there and would like to keep each other company, I will check in each day.

M x