Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watersports after treatment

2 REPLIES 2
Snow

Re: Watersports after treatment

Hi Swirly,

I've recently had a mastectomy and am hoping to return to watersports (canoe and kayak) soon. I'm an instructor so protecting my chest area and side (usually where there is very little padding in a buoyancy aid) when I do rescues in particular is something I'm thinking about. Have you had any luck with any adapting you've done for your windsurfing?

Lizzy_BCC

Re: Watersports after treatment

Hi Swirly,

I am sure any users who have done exercise in the water after treatment will be along soon to support and share their experiences.

In the meantime you can always call our helpline who will be able to talk you through any questions you may have and offer a friendly ear. The opening hours are below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Wednesday 9am-7pm
Saturday, 9am-1pm

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Swirly

Watersports after treatment

I was wondering if there is anyone else who has returned to watersports requiring buoyancy aids/impact vests after treatment. I'm a windsurfer and just starting to get back on the water. My ribs and boob is painful in places (I've had the whole shebang of treatment and a silicone implant) and my buoyancy aid is flat on the inside so not very ergonomically cushioned if I fall on it. I'm thinking of adapting one, but wondered if anyone else has experience of this and has any suggestions?

Any advice welcomed 🙂