Wedge Biopsy?

Around the 24th September I found a lump in my left brest its a solid fairly large lump that doesn’t move. I went to my GP and because i have a 10month old daughter he said i has mastitus gave me antibiotics and sent me on my way. These didn’t help with the pain or swelling so i went back on the 1st October and he thought it was cysts, gave me more painkillers and referred me to my local breast clinic and the first appointment was 4th October.

They did a mammogram on the friday and a biopsy on the following tuesday. The mammogram said there was changes in my breast and shadows but the biopsy was negative so conflicting stories. I had a MRI scan on 16th October which concluded with the mammogram and a lymph node biopsy on the 17th which again was negative. Also there is change in the shape of my left breast and indentations too and they are suspicious.

My consultant is still confused over what this lump is as it appears to be growing so im going in on Monday 5th November for a wedge biopsy and to hopefully conclude what it is whether good or bad news.

Its the not knowing that is more worring

Hi Sue and welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support and shared experiences you will soon have here please feel free to call our helpline, the team are here to offer you further support and information on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays

Take care

Lucy

Hello Sue1970, What a worry this must be for you especailly as you have a young baby to ook after. My mammogram did not show anything but an ultrasound test did. The waiting for tests and resuts is the hardest part of the whole thing. Waiting when you do not know what the outcome will be. What you are feeling is absolutely normal. I hope that your tests prove that all is well but if not we are all here to support you. Send me a private message any time even if you just want to off-load. Sometimes having someone away form your friends and family is a good way to give vent your worries like you have done today. Wishing you all the best, Val