71712members
376146posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to everyone starting chemo in January.. we are now the "" January Jems""

Janan8

Re: Welcome to everyone starting chemo in January.. we are now the "" January Jems""

Hi Caroline60
I hope you're feeling much better by now, I know it was such a relief first time round when I got past 10 days and started feeling a bit more normal (if you can call it that!). At least Emend gives you hope that you can get through it so definitely ask for it next time round. This time I stopped taking anti-sickness earlier and the level of nausea didn't change but it is manageable and I have been able to eat all the way through which I couldn't at all for the first week last time, apart from jacket potatoes, toast and biscuits!
Went out with my wig on for the first time yesterday, felt a bit weird but I'll get used to it. Stuck with a hat today as it was so windy and put up with my friends jokes about chasing after it for me!!
Janxx
Morwenna

Re: Welcome to everyone starting chemo in January.. we are now the "" January Jems""

You are right Gay. To a large extent you can choose how you react to hair loss. I went to my singing group last night (50 women, give or take a few).. I walked in, whipped off my hat and said, "look! no hair!" and giggled a bit hysterically, and that was that really. I did end up putting my soft hat back on after a while. I told them my head was cold, but the bigger reason was that we sing opposite a mirrored wall, and my head looked so white, so bald, it stood out ratherand i found it disconcerting!

I'll admit, losing my hair does feel like adding insult to injury, but for the most part I intend to put a brave face on it. Maybe I don't feel as badly as some seem to, but at the same time I have told my friends NOT to say things like " it's only hair" "it'll grow back".
While I know (or hope) that is true, I don't think others should presume to make comments like that which suggest it really is no big deal, because it is, it IS a big deal, but a necessary step to my treatment and recovery!
GBC

Oh Jenny, so sorry you are feeling sad about your hair (or lack of it). It seems that people seem to be losing it from about day 12 onwards with day 15 cropping up a fair bit. I know that although I think I am prepared with a short haircut and lots of scarves in the drawer and a wig on order it will still be very upsetting when it actually happens. I keep giving it a tug even though it's only day 8 as it is quite high up in my thoughts/worries a lot of the time.

Mind you perhaps we should try and embrace a new look for a while as I am personally very conservative and tend to stick to the same old styles and careful way of dressing and in particular hairstyle. Maybe we should break out and be a bit funky sometimes and accept that we are different at the moment. We will probably never be the same again. We may even find a whole new style/look/persona that has been hidden away. I'm a great believer that every cloud really does have a silver lining if you look hard enough and maybe for me it could be a bit more of a relaxed attitude to how I look and present to everyone. I have definitely found a few silver linings since being diagnosed which has surprised me. The strength of love and caring from so many people, particularly my family and one member I didn't really think liked me very much, has been very special and given me so much strength and a really positive attitude to it all.
Onwards and upwards as I used to say in my former working life. Good luck Jenny with number 2 on Monday.
Gay xxx
GBC

Thanks Morwenna that's what I call a very positive message and if that's the case this is definitely do-able!
G x
Morwenna

GBC you are probably over the worst. For my second and third weeks I had some sore mouth/bleeding gum issues, and nasty taste. Mouthwashes are good. Energy levels will rise!! 🙂
jenny5931

hi
Day 16 and hair was fallimg out so ive had it took off, feel tearful now even though i had it cut short last week its still a shock
Start again monday no 2
jenny xx
chicita

Bad news at the hospital today, my white cell count is too low to have 2nd FEC of Friday so I have to wait another week. ONC said it's unusual to have low count after first FEC but hey, I've never been normal He also said if it goes as low again after FEC 2 he'll have to consider either injections or lowering the dose of poison. On the plus side he wanted to know every side effect I'd had and has altered my meds accordingly, so hopefully no more nausea, heartburn or sore mouth with FEC 2
Hope you are all keeping well
X Yvonne
GBC

Feeling sooooooooo much better! Even went out to supper at a friend's last night and despite not having my usual glass or two of red wine had a great time.

Just to recap - on day 6 after 1st chemo of FEC-T had a 6-day constipation issue following ghastly sickness as soon as I got home from chemo unit as well as being totally unable to sleep and asked for advice. Well I am now on Day 8 and feeling really much better and much more positive about chemo 2 as I marched into action after consulting the BCC forum and got movicol from my GP for the constipation plus a small supply of zopiclone for sleeping without side effects (just 1 tab is very mild but I slept!) and have actually WRITTEN to the oncologist asking for Emend anti-sickness drug for my next treatment in the hope that this will ensure I get it or something as good and, fingers crossed, don't suffer the same ghastly sickness. Certainly not willing to proceed without something better than last time.

It is really lovely to be able to "chat" about the impact of badboy BC and treatment, side effects etc. with people who know exactly what you are going through. I must admit though to being a bit concerned about how it is likely to go from here. I feel really good today and I'm going out walking across the fields and shopping in Henley later and have plans for the weekend. I've even arranged to cook supper for friends next week which is something I hadn't expected to do. But I keep wondering if feeling OK will last until next treatment or if there are more horrid SEs to come before chemo 2 on 13 Feb. My mouth is getting a bit sore and I'm doing all the things suggested to prevent/treat mouth problems and of course my hair has yet to fall out (it's long in my picture but I have had it all cut really short and love it so I will miss it when it goes, maybe next week?). Is it possible that this is it? Could it be be fairly plain sailing from here for the next 2 weeks or could I suddenly start to feel sick again and get some other horrid SE? I am of course going to be really careful about infections as I realise that could severely set things back but am I being over-optimistic?

Thank you to all the January Jems for just being there (although I know you wish you weren't) love GBCx
Windysarah

Hope chair hair cut goes ok Lee. I am 2nd FEC on 7th so if your hair has started to fall then I suppose mine could be any day. I did wear the cold cap so I'm hoping for the best.
Leelaloo

Hi Jems,
Caroline I had Emend with my first FEC and it worked really well. I wasnt ill at all and hardly felt any nausea. I am hoping that they will give it to me again at 2nd FEC on 6th Feb day after you. Just remember to request it as soon as you get to chemo ward as you have to take it an hour before chemo starts. My long hair started to fall out yesterday so I am having it cut really short today which I am dreading . But I do have my wig ready, hope I get on with it. Good luck to all Jems having chemo soon.
Lee X
Caroline60

Hi Janan8, Im really inspired by your post. I also was very ill after 1st FEC. As a result I will be having Emend with s2nd FEC on the 5th. I was worried but your post has taken away the anxieties.

Regards
Caroline
Morwenna

I went out to a mall today wiith a friend. Not wearing a hat is not an option when it is -35 degrees of windchill outdoors (even WITH hair!) But inside the mall is so warm, you end up carrying all your outer wear anyway.

My friend was trying out some schwanky jeans, and I was moseying around and started trying on hats. I was wearing a soft cap/hat, so when I took it off I revealed all my naked dome. The store was really quiet but one of the assistants came over to talk to me and tell me how proud she was as of me for baring my bald head and not hiding with a wig. She asked me, was it breast cancer, and I didn't mind talking about it at all, rather to my surprise.

I bought some colourful earrings, and other inexpemsive jewellery, and I'm almost looking forward to all my friends seeing my baldiness at chorus rehearsal tonight! I have my second AC chemo tomorrow, and I feel brave like a lion! ROARRRrrrrrr! 🙂
chicita

Hi Jems,
I finally plucked up courage and shaved my head today. I've started wearing my wig around the house but haven't been brave enough to go out in it yet, I'm saving that for tomorrow's trip to the hospital for bloods etc. working on the basis that I won't be the only one in a wig so I won't stand out too much.
When I bought the wig I was given this tip. NEVER open the oven while wearing a synthetic wig! The sudden burst of heat will ruin your wig; even the hot steam from a boiling pot of water can cause irreparable damage.
I think that's a good enough reaon to get husband to do more cooking, don't you?
X Yvonne
Janan8

Hi January Jems, I survived my 2nd FEC and have only just caught up on all your comments.
Emend really works and although I've had other SE's and still feel nauseous, I'm not being sick so that's progress. Also I don't know how I managed it, but just 2 days after chemo I was on the train to Bristol for the Younger Women's Forum. I didn't think I was going to make it because I was so ill last time around but was determined and it was well worth it. I was very spaced out, but the drugs helped me through and I met such a wonderful group of women, all at different stages but going through the same thing and it was so supportive and informative. So if you qualify and can I'd really recommend going. It is an emotional experience seeing so many young people experiencing BC together but you realise you're not alone and there's so much information. I found out alot and feel more prepared for what's around the corner. I've spent the last few days recovering physically but am getting there.
RE Hair - I couldn't believe that my hair went big time the night before the Forum so I had to wear a hat all weekend and then a friend clipped it all off for me on Sunday. The falling out is definitely the worst bit, really distressing, but taking it off does give you some control. Still can't get used to myself in the mirror and my 11 year old sobbed her heart out but the younger 2 were ok with it. Now it's just cold but I prefer nothing on my head at home, although realise I have to remember before answering the door! Still haven't braved the school run since but am about to do that - so beanie on...!!!
Janxxx
handc

Hello ladies
Are any of you planning on going to the Young Woman's Forum in London on March 2?
There sadly seem to be a number of us that are young enough to qualify....
chicita

Hi Jems,
Have you seen this website http://www.simplywigs.co.uk
They have some lovely headwear and are having a sale with some items from £2. Definitely worth a look.
X Yvonne
Caroline60

Hi January Jems, Im having a portacath fitted tomorrow. My veins have shurnk with the chemo. Iv also joined the baldy club - getting use to it now. Went to a rugby game yesterday and i was getting stares and people thinking what the hell is going on here. And I was thinking no more shaving the legs, armpits or mary for at least 5 months!!!! It was the only way i could deal with the stares - I told my husband what i was thinking while they were staring - he laughed really loudly.

Take care all
sarah66

hi all recieved a phone call from the chemo suite, apparently i have a week off this week no chemo !!! will be nice but i would rather get them all done, no pleasing some folk !lol x
Sarah66 x

Morwenna

GBC (hi there!) 🙂

The anti nausea meds I'm told are instantly constipating, so next time, if you didn't this time, make sure you take stool softeners and laxatives from day one. I am told it is easier to prevent constipation than deal with it after the event!

Hope you get sorted today! 6 days with no BM is enough to make anyone feel crappy (scuse the pun!), quite apart from the other chemo side effects!!!

Rose xx
Morwenna

Thanks Sarah,

HAIR! Yesterday I shsved off the last of my fuzz, as my scalp was quite uncomfortable, especially at night. I am now smooth as a billiard ball! Bit if a shock, seeing myself in rhe mirror this morning! 😉

Does feel more comfortable though!
sarah66

hi Rose , i am havng weeky Taxol and 3 x avastin. i have felt ok is , apparently the Se are cumilatative , most nuisusance one is sore mouth and add taste, at the momment i feel as if i have a cold, blocked scabby nose which bleeds a little ( lovely) but hopefully that will pass. I dont have a temp but feel a bit rough. Hair is coming out after no 3. I had FEC in 2008 which was 3 weekly i remember feeling better for a couple of weeks then having it again.
regards
Sarah66 x

GBC

Thanks so much girls. I've now got a plan of action after even more wakeful night with chronic constipation to boot (it's now day 6 and no action in that department despite dulcoease capsules and crazy eating programme). I love a plan so I'm feeling happier. I'm off to the GP first thing this morning for prescription for sleep and bowel meds - going to suggest zoplicone and movicol as they are names that have been mentioned glowingly quite a few times. Hopefully I won't be back posting here at some unearthly hour of the morning tomorrow.
Love and virtual hugs
GBC x
rhondacat

Hi GBC sorry you are here! I've had 2 Fecs now first time I was shattered, so ONC upped the Steroids they help with the Fatigue giving you more energy and appetite! I am on Emend, one tab on day of Chemo & then 1 tab for next 2 days, I have been lucky with the nausea side of things, day 8 today since last Fec & starting to feel a lot better, dry mouth, and just light headed dizzy feeling. Also having trouble sleeping, just too much going on in the brain! Still coming to terms with no hair, but I suppose this is the least of our worries!
Hugs to all, hope you are all coping! love Rhonda
jenny5931

hi
i am not sure what the steroids are for either but as to sleeping tablets i take zopiclone 3.75 mgs from my gp although they gave me them at the hospital when i had first fec. they do not have any after effects so all good.
my main side effect is sore mouth and sore throat started about day 7 but bearable.
hope someone can answer your other questions
jenny xx
GBC

Hi my Jem friends
I have been reading the posts for the last couple of weeks but only just felt able to join in and post myself. It is absolutely mind-blowing how many of us are affected by what I call badboy BC. It is shocking and I still almost can't believe I really do have it (have had it hopefully if all the treatment works as planned).
I was diagnosed on 16 Oct with invasive ductal grade 2 with 2 tumours, largest 6cm. I had a left mx and axillary node clearance on 14th Nov (3 out of 11 lymph nodes with cancer) and after wound infection and 5 wks antibiotics had my first chemo last Wed (23 Jan). I'm having FEC-T x 6 followed by radiotherapy.
Well, I'm day 5 today and feeling pretty good but I wouldn't have sounded so chirpy if I had posted a few days ago. I suffered terrible sickness from 4 hours after chemo was administered for 12 hours and I am now determined to make sure I get better anti-sickness med for chemo no 2 on 13 Feb. I feel I can cope with almost anything else but the sickness. It seems several people are suggesting that Emend is a good anti-sickness drug but that oncs may not be keen to prescribe because of cost. Any further ideas on that or any other suggestions for alternative anti-sickness meds to Ondansetron which definitely didn't work for me - although I was told I may have more SEs as I was having a very large dose of FEC because of my height and large body surface area! 5'10" and size 14 by the way. I have now lost a bit of weight (every cloud etc.) but will no doubt still need a fair bit of FEC.
Another question: is anyone taking sleeping tablets. I am finding sleeping very difficult. I am really hyper and fitchety, tossing and turning all through the nigh and barely sleeping (plus my husband is a massive snorer!). Since I was diagnosed I have taken Nightol one-a-night on and off but have been advised not to take anything without checking with drugs info line. Can anyone recommend a good proper sleeping tablet that works with chemo?
Oh and just one other thing - I have now finished the steroids but does anyone know exactly what they are for. I read inflamation but also heard it was to help you feel better. As I have now finished taking them I am hoping more SEs won't start. Main SE problem at the moment is constipation which does seem to be a common theme.
Hope to hear any advice on anti-sickness, sleeping pills and steroids.
Warmest good wishes and love to all the January Jems and everyone affected by badboy BC.
GBC x
Morwenna

Hi Sarah66,
Are you on weekly taxol? I have tp do that after 4 cycles of the AC, and I'm wondering what the difference will be, and how I'll feel on weekly treatments. At least on 3 week cycles ypu get a chance to recover and feel well for a while before the next one!

Rose xx
sarah66

hi all , just had my 3rd Taxol and the hair is now coming out fast & furious, getting wig on monday, have a couple of soft hats from ebay but they look small!! , my tongue is sore and mouth dry and cracking at edges, feel as if i have a cold coming too. Managing to use a straw to drink with to make sure i get enough fluids.

Did not have the dexamethasone this week as it was not on my prescription? why don't think i feel quite as well as when i have it will ask why this week.

Regards to all
Sarah66

jenanne

Jenny 5931 - I agree with Border collies' advice to go to GP - you may need mouthwash or you may have oral thrush which will need Nystatin or similar. I had Nystatin for oral thrush from FEC treatment.
Sandra51 - re. hair thinning badly - my hair on FEC started to shed around day 10; had it shaved off and got a wig. This time, on new chemotherapy, I will get a wig but I really fancy a hat with fake fringe attached, something I can put on quickly and that won't make my head itch!. Take a look at headcovers.com (U.S. site but they will post to U.K.). Also go to Sandytoes site - chemoforbeginners.com.
tomorrow_will_

Hi jems
had 2nd fec yesterday..all i can say is i wasn't in a verygood place and cried during after and on and off all night. Feel much better today, so far very little side effects so very happy on that score just VERY tired but cant complain ladies.
Airlinelady you look fab.Well done and very brave.
Sandra... yes know how your feeling, my hir is coming out by the handful and thats with cold cap . Nurse said iwill be able to tell if its working this time so start enquiring about wigs. Fed up finding hair all over the place its making me feel dirty so i too am tempted to get the shaver out. I prefer hats to scarves and bandanas i think the secret is to build them out by adding hair bands or scarves so you dont get that flat to your head look have a look on youtube there is some videos showing the tricks of the trade.
onegirl....mine started shedding properly day 17 after 1st fec was devastated still am. Had sore throat i took nurofen the nurse take nothing with paracetamol it can mask underlying symptoms. Yes i had stomach pain too but it was constipation so got some sennokot think thats what its called that done the job.
Have agood weekend all . God bless
IM ONE THIRD DONE !!!!! Patxxx
Airlinelady

Two things happened today - I got the results of my lymph node biopsy and there is nothing lurking there - so very, very happy ... secondly I had my hair cut very short - I feel very empowered after having long, hair all my life. Shame it will not last but I have some great, crazy wigs on order from Ebay and am planning a 'wiggy girls night out' in the near future. Take care all you lovely ladies... J xx
Sandra51

Hello ladies

thought I would pop in as I have stayed away for awhile as Im feeling a bit low in myself... 3 infections after surgery has brought me down a bit.. chemo delayed now till Feb 11th.. not in a good place today either.. i just need some advice really... Ive received my bandanas and scarves etc but im getting really frustrated in trying them on... my hair is thinning real bad and Im at the point now just to shave my head?/ start getting used to the idea of it all happening... any suggestions would be most welcome.. hoping I will get out of this low mood soon... xx
onegirlinabigw

Hi everyone,
Thank you for your messages!
How far after your first chemo did people notice their hair starting to shed? I think I'm seeing more coming out when I'm brushing it but I'm not sure if I'm just being paranoid.
Just got a bit of a sore throad today and some stomach pains.
Border_Collies

Hi Jenny - I've popped in from the November Sparklers. Why don't you just go to your GP and get a prescription of Nystatin or similar because if you've got thrush badly it can become very painful and can go through your system meaning that your'll get it at the lower end as well.
I get thrush (having 4th Fec on Monday) and my oncologist has prescribed a large bottle to be used immediately after chemo both as a medication and a mouth wash. Remember, you don't have to suffer, just tell either the chemo unit or your oncologist or your GP that you want something for it. I have found they are always happy to help you. Hope your mouth clears up soon.
Border collies
chicita

Hi Jenny,
Did the hospital give you any mouthwash? Chlorhexidine Gluconate seems to be the standard one, twice a day & tastes yuk. If they didn't, you should be able to buy it in any chemist. In the meantime salt water mouthwashes work well. Whatever you use, make sure to swish it round your mouth for as long as you can stand it, to give it time to work. I can't stand pineapple either. If it helps, my mouth was sore & peeling until day 10 then it cleared up overnight, tongue's still horrible though which is probably why I still can't taste much.
X Yvonne
Windysarah

Hi Jenny, I have been reading from the November chemo group and they suggest Difflam mouthwash. Not sure if you can get over the counter or not. Worth a try x
jenny5931

hi jems
can anyone help my mouth is soooo sore and my throat i realize its been coming on a few days, no temperature ,i did ring chemo unit last week to check but i need to take something for it but they didnt give me any mouth wash.
i cant stand pineapple im afraid but what can i get from chemist????????????????
love
jenny xx
Morwenna

My scalp was itchy for a few days in the second week, and bumpy too! Then it appeared to improve, but at day 14 it was like somebody fired a gun. I think by tomorrow (day 17) I will be completely bare-headed!
jenny5931

hi jems
day 10 and my scalp is tingling and itching too

jenny xx
Airlinelady

Welcome Onegirl! We started our first chemo the same day!.... Hope you are doing okay... I can't really complain, nauseous at times and a bit tired... but plodding through.. I have 5 more chemo, then breast surgery, radiotherapy then meds. Good luck Honey, you are the same age as one of my daughters and sarah.. you are the same age as my oldest son - good luck to you both and all us January Jems. I said to my husband the other day that I feel glad to go be having chemo in 2013 and not 10, 15 or 20 years ago as they really have nailed alot of the nastiness that surround having chemo... All you Ladies out there, have a good weekend... Jxx
Caroline60

Hi One Girl, there are a few of us now. The January Jems are very supportive.
Windysarah

Hi one girl. I'm 32 and was so shocked at being diagnosed so young. I started FEC-T last Thursday So not far ahead of you. Hope you've not had many side effects.
Morwenna

Hi One Girl!

Welcome to the January chemo club. May not be the place you would have picked, if you had the choice, but at least we are all in more or less the same boat, so you know that someone here will know and understand exactly what you are going through!

Here's to all of us! xxx
onegirlinabigw

Hi everyone,
I've tried posting on here before but it hasn't worked previously. All is fixed now.
I started chemo on Monday on the FEC-T treatment. I was diagnosed in November (aged 28) with grade 1 cancer and had a right skin saving mastecomy in November with an LD reconstruction and lymph node clearence.
After the chemo I'll be having radiotherapy, herceptin and tamoxifen.
chicita

Hello again Jems,
Jenny5931 - your immune system is at it's lowest days 7-14 after chemo so avoid germs wherever possible.
Lynne - nice to see you back from hospital. I think the scalp tingling is definitely the start of things to come. Mine's been like that for a couple of days and when I had a shower this morning there was twice as much as usual in the plug hole
I'm day 14 today and feel pretty good so I'm going out on the razz tonight for the first time in 3 weeks It's only to the local pub for a Burn's Night special with a load of people from the marina where I'm currently living, but it sure beats staying in watching TV! It'll be nice to get dolled up for a change but judging by the weather forecast I'm still going to need snow boots etc. We're due for a few inches again tonight.
Have a good weekend Ladies
X Yvonne
Rubydoo

Good morning Jems
Had a weird night of itchy, twitchy scalp... Not sure if its just because the apprehension is rising or its starting??! is this the symptoms preceding the fall? My very own autumn for hair!!!
I think its time to go do some meditation and my morning qi gong routine with reflection on HAIR today preferably not gone tomorrow 🙂 Is anyone else doing something similar to qi gong or tai chi? Its so good for you and i'd be happy to share information. I used to teach it many years ago and absolutely swear by it. Everyone can benefit from just doing 15 minutes each day... Read about the health benefits if you haven't done it before, its well worth a look.
Hope you've all slept well and the sun is shining brightly for you..
xxx
Morwenna

Truly wonderful to hear that you are ok Rubydoo!
I have had a fun day pulling out my hair, much to hubby's horror. It's hard to tell, but I think it is about 50% gone. I can see my scalp quite clearly, and I don't feel too upset at all today, although I did have a little sob yesterday!

I had a wonderful snowy walk in the park, and watched the skaters on the lake. It is a beautiful sunny day here in Calgary! This evening two friends from my quartet are coming round to sing with me, and I have managed to get some Omeprazole by calling my onc and having her fax a presciption to the pharmacy.

And we got our leak fixed so we have water in the house again (had to turn it off last night) All in all I feel very happy!!! 😄
Airlinelady

Oh Rubydoo - So glad to see your post...! Enjoy your weekend...! Jx
jenanne

Jenny 5931,
I had FEC 3 years ago and am due to start Taxotere/cyclophosphamide and Herceptin on Jan 31st. Re. 'staying in' with FEC (or any chemotherapy regimen) I would say that during the 'middle bit' (from Day7-Day14) your immune system is very compromised. You just have to be careful - DON'T be around anyone who has a cold! I had to go for hospital checks 3 times during my FEC treatment, due to temperature over 38C...it's important to check your temp. during Days 7-14.
With new treatment coming up I will probably steer clear of crowded shops,etc and family members with colds/flu! You will probably feel your energy coming back around Day 14 as your immune system is recovering - so that's the time to get out and about and enjoy feeling a bit better hopefully.
Love , Jen
HelHel

Hi SarahN
Lucky old me has bagged Valentines Day for session #3! Hows about that for a romantic day out? Beat that!
Glad your tummy under control!
Saw comment about perhaps changing steroids if they make us twitchy? I did wonder if I added to that by drinking Lucozade to help my energy then realising it contains caffeine? Durr!
We live and learn. By last session, we'll all be experts in everything Chemo (and wish we werent).
Not the nicest of subjects, but digestion at the coal face is working out better this time. Taking Senakot at night and all seems well at the moment, fingers crossed. Oh what exciting lives we lead..............
H
x

Rubydoo

I wrote a big long message as per usual... I type as much as I chatter... And the bloody thing disappeared! So here's my second version and do apologise if my first arrived and now im repeating much of what you know already 🙂
Caroline you look beautiful... Very feminine and au naturel! Well done for posting your pic is very reassuring for us ladies who are just about to take the plunge. My shaving ceremony was going to be this weekend but OH just sprung a boys weekend on me so hoping it lasts until next week. Im quite looking forward to quiet relaxin weekend with my wee man and no OH, just lots of cuddles and quality time! I think we all benefit from having some time out to recoup, revitalise ad reflect during this tough time. It'll be candlelit bubble bath, soft music, meditation and then early night with good film, a baileys hot chocolate and a big empty snore free bed... Perfect!!
Good news for me today and chest scan ALL CLEAR yay! Everything in order and working well thankfully. Seems like my weekly stress inducing scans are not going to beat me down with any bad results today. Im so relieved and very tired after all the excitement so tucked up in bed already. Rhonda I will be speaking to my oncol re something to calm me, i'll mention valium and see what he thinks, thanks fr that. No one needs to be suffering anymore than we are already so if the odd little pill helps when times are tricky then so be it!
Sandra I am very sorry to hear that you've not had a good day... Good that you managed a sneaky appt with your Consultant... Thats a rarity! I think we all feel like a bag of rusty spanners from time to time so sending you big hugs. I wish it was as simple to fix us all up with brown paper and double sided tape... If only eh !! I hope you're dealing with it all ok? Xx
Tomorrow.. good luck with number 2. You're leading the way for us all to follow, what a brave soldier you are. I hope it goes well for you. I'll say a little prayer tht the SE 's are kind and it all passes comfortably and smoothly. i'll be sending get well vibes during the next few days xx
Sleep tight tonight... Xxx