Welfare and Benefits Speaker Session at the Living with Secondary Breast Cancer Manchester

Hello
There will be an expert speaker on the subject of Welfare and Benefits coming along to the Living with Secondary Breast Cancer in Manchester on the 17th July.
The Living with Secondary Breast Cancer takes place on the third Wednesday of every month in central Manchester and provides a chance to chat informally with other people with a similar diagnosis. On alternate months we also have a guest speaker – topics include Pain Management, Hair and Scalp care and ‘Ask the Nurse’.
You can choose to attend regularly or just pick and choose sessions that are of interest to you. Refreshments will be provided and at the longer sessions we will also provide lunch.
If you would be interested in coming or would like to find out more please call 0845 077 1893 or e-mail secondaryservices@breastcancercare.org.uk There is no charge for attending and lunch and refreshments are provided.
Kind regards
Steph

Bumping up into latest posts

I’ll be going
Sue

Sue I hope you will record it for us! I haven’t got secondary dx but many of the issues to do with DLA/PIP affect us all.

Hi Penny
Can you get DLA/PIP with a primary?
Best wishes
Sue

Sue some people used to- I think it depends where the cancer is and how severe. It seems to me that people who have a long sequence of surgery requiring additional care would probably qualify but aren’t aware of it- and I think would not now qualify for PIP. It used to be a common thing for people on Chemo for BC to have DLA at the lower rate. Alas no longer. My husband has a diability and I work with disabled people (when I am not having tx!) and I am keepig a close eye on benefit changes but the situation is very fluid and it is hard to make out what is happening from the media.