What Happens now?

What Happens now?

What Happens now? A new user has started a topic, which is currently being reviewed before setting live.

What Happens now? Hi everyone

This is the first time I’ve actually written on here although I have been a regular reader!

I’ve finished my chemo and am now on Tamoxifen. I’m due for my first check up on Wednesday and wondered if anyone can give me any idea as to what will happen. I’d be grateful for any info anyone can give, just so I know what to expect, although I’m sure all hospitals are different.

Thanks for any replies

Debi x

First check up Hi Debi

Like yourself I was concerned about having my first check up, but after speaking to others on this site I felt a little better.

It really is just a simple check up. My first visit was to the oncologist, (I think that, that alternates between surgeon and oncologist) I was given an examination, (nothing more than what wev’e had before) and she asked me questions about the tablets that I was on (Arimadex), I had also booked in to have my ovaries out so she asked about that.
It took in all about 10 mins, I must be honest in that I was getting a little panicky sat in the waiting room, but I think that thats normal.

So take a deep breath and try to stay calm, it really is nothing to worry about.

I think that these visits are every 3 months, my next one is to see my surgeon in October, so I am already starting to feel a little jittery, I suppose we will just have to get used to it.

Good Luck!

Debbie x

First check up Thanks for the reply Debbie. I suppose like you say its something you get used to and we just have to grin and bear it!

Good luck to you in October, hope it all goes well for you.

Debi x