What do your scars look like a year later?

Morning all, hope you’ve all had a lovely Christmas break :womanhappy:

I’m coming up to my first anniversary of lumpectomy & SNB plus radiation and was just curious to know what my scars are supposed to look like.  Mine are small and neat but still dark pink and the boob scar (well, its on the outside inframammary line) is sort of ‘ruched’ still.  Can’t say it worries me as I’ve had no significant healing problems so I feel very lucky but just wondered if this was normal?

Love to all

xx

Sharon

Hi Sharon, spooky I was also wondering the other day. I am a week off my surgery anniversary, the scar has healed incredibly well , it’s about 2 inches and about an inch where I had the haemotoma has a dip and a little puckered.  However the other half is almost invisible to the eye.  I had mastitis just after Steven was born, 27 years ago and had surgery and this scar is still highly visible, almost the shape and size of a small mouth (not mine!!!).  Scar under my arm has also healed well and looks like a long wrinkle.  I am still on 3 monthly visits which they check the scar and happily seem okay.  I guess we are different, and scars take a long time to heal so sounds like we are doing well.  If you are worried, I would pop in and see GP, it’s my new motto now, if in doubt see GP.!!! I bought her a box of heroes at Xmas and she wondered if they were to feed me as she is always running late on her appts.  Hope you had good Xmas, I have eaten too much so diet starts today, after I had ham, sausages, bubble and squeak and fried egg for brunch!!! Lots of love c X X x

Hi Cheryl *waves madly at you*

So glad I’m not the only one who ponders these weird things!  The top of my SNB scar wasn’t in the radiation field and that bit is mostly invisible now but the radiated bit still looks pretty obvious which is one of the reasons I wanted to get a tattoo.  The consultant I saw recently said I needed to wait another year though before getting it done so perhaps he thinks it will improve a bit by then.

With you on the food overload - feel almost ill because of the amount of rubbish I’ve eaten over the last week and the general excess of the last few months (extraordinary lunches at the new employer are still a novelty that I’m only too happy to indulge it but might have to give them up before I become a whale :womansurprised:)

xx

Sharon

glad i went hunting threw some older threads, i only had my opp in november and was woundering what it may look like a year from now .