What happens at the pre op

I have my pre op on Tuesday. They say it takes 3 hours. Just curious as to what will happen. Thank goodness for this forum, I have been given so little information by the hospital. What is the blue dye thing they mentioned?

Hi Horseslave.

at mine it was the usual stuff, height weight, a blood test, checked neck movement and got me to wee in a box to check sugar levels. 

Some hospitals do the blue dye before your op, they did mine during.

the dye shows the lymph nodes in order so they can remove the first ones working to check them.

the dye turns your wee blue for a day and round my nipple is still blue over two months later. 

don’t know what op your getting but if it’s wire guided some hospitals do this before as well.

three hours sounds a bit much but it depends what you need done.

I hope they give you more info at the hospital.  I had to get most of my info on here. The tips given were a great help.

take care

Keeks

Hi horse slave,
My preop was about an hour and half, maybe a little shorter. They asked lots of questions re general health. I had blood pressure and pulse checked, an ECG, blood tests, height weight etc. They also gave me a surgical wash to use before the op and cream to put up my nose for 24hrs before op both to help reduce the risk of infection. They were extremely thorough, nothing was too much trouble and I had plenty of time to ask as many questions as I wanted.
I had wire guided WLE which was done on the same day as the op in the morning.
Take care xxx