362923posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens at ur oncology check ups?

Highlighted

What happens at ur oncology check ups?

When i was dx 6 years ago, at my 3 monthly check ups i would have my lymph nodes and collar bone checked, liver felt and lungs listened to.

Second time around and a new onc who just talks about any side effects from letrozole. No checks at all.

What happens at urs......

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

I've been told I'll be seen once a year
Highlighted

Yes thanks chascat, i heard that too, but its amazing how different oncs/areas vary

Highlighted

Hi Lolly, I see my surgeon once a year and my onc once a year, so I see one of them every 6 months. They both examine my breasts, armpits, collar bone, lungs and liver, but I understand that most problems are found by us the patients.

Highlighted

Hueyl, does ur surgeon check liver and lungs too?

Highlighted

HueyL, I am checked on a six monthly basis, firstly with the surgeon who ensures that I have had a mammogram and then following on from this I see my oncologist who also examines me, breast, under arm neck collarbone etc.  I feel they are doing their best to look after me.

Highlighted

My onc has never examined me! I see my surgeon as my primary carer and he does that. I discuss medication (letrazole) with my onc and side effects. If he can help with those he does! I'm wondering now if I should ask my onc to check me over, the more checks, the better, in my opinion!