What happens now?

Hi, I was diagnosed on Monday after a routine mammogram. I’m going to the western infirmary glasgow tomorrow for a first appoint, I think with the surgeon. Can anyone tell me what to expect tomorrow. Also what kind of questions should I be asking at this stage.

Up until now I’ve been kinda emotionless, it’s not sunk in this is happening to me, but after reading some of the posts on this forum, I’m realising this is a big thing, and I’m not out of the woods yet. My cancer was found early and therefore I’ve been very lucky on that front. I’ve not cried and I don’t feel frightened but I think that’s down to my mum being diagnosed this time last year and everything has gone well for her. Her’s was a hormone related cancer (she’s 70) and I’ve assumed mine would be the same, but after reading some stuff on here I have realised that might not be the case. Things so far have ran exactly as my mums did, but if anything deviates from her experience I think I will freak out!!

I have a 9 year old and don’t know whether I should be telling him anything. I think he’s been picking up on stuff but I’ve just basically made up stories rather than tell him. I don’t actually know how to tell anyone, I don’t want them to feel uncomfortable.

Hi Murphy
Whilst you await replies here’s a link to the ‘Talking to your children about breast cancer’ information which may help:

breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-information/impact-breast-cancer/relationships-family/telling-family-friends/talking-children-about-breast-cancer

Take care
Lucy BCC