What have I forgotten?

Hi ladies, hope you don’t mind me joining you here now that my surgery is done.  Saw the medical bods yesterday and I’ll be starting my radiotherapy in two or three week and will be having it for five weeks so I’m trying to prepare:

• got some pure Aloe Vera gel in the fridge ready to use (told it’s best to mix it with aqueous/E45 cream)

• am already moisturising whole breast area (including underneath)

• already using Simple/Sanex colour/perfume free shower gel 

• got some Bionssen/Sanex deodorant ready to use (and have bought an electric razor for afterwards)

• hospital will be providing aqueous cream to use during treatment

• got some soft seamfee bras to wear (not easy given my enormous bust!) and will use old soft t-shirt fabric under the band to prevent rubbing

• will drink as much water as I can glug down during the treatment

So, what have I forgotten to do :smileyvery-happy:?

xx

Sharon

Ha ha - and I thought I was compulsively organised ?! (Alas, can’t boast the ginormous bosom!) Only thing I would add is that you might get itchy so having some Piriton handy wouldn’t hurt .
Have you had your planning scan already ? Most centres seem to take 2 - 3 weeks between that and actually starting treatment .
Good luck .
Kitt
X

Oh, and when you have your date , start or join a monthly thread on here - it’s so useful to know you are going through this with someone.
Kitt
X

Piriton, hah, I knew there was something! Right, I’ll pick some up tomorrow, thank you KItt :smileyhappy:

I haven’t had my planning session yet (consultant said it might take more than one session, he seemed a bit daunted by the size of my boobs!) so it looks like I’ll need to start/join a March radiotherapy thread but it seems as if plenty of us on here will be going through it at the same time so hopefully I’ll have some company.

Thanks again

xx

Sharon

Thanks Cath, wipes and large bag added to the list! :smileyhappy:

xx

Sharon

Hi all,

Do we get drawn on at every session or just the planning ones? Looks like I’ll need to wear dark coloured T shirts to hide any smears so that’s helpful to know, thank you :slight_smile:

xx

Sharon

Finding all this interesting. My rads centre marked me up at the planning session with felt tip, then jabbed me with a tattoo gun !!! So I have 10 tiny black dots. Apparently they can be lasered off, but I view them as badges of survival and I have kept them. So no marks on clothes although bra does get ruined with all the cream we need to slather on. Tip - ASDA do soft sports type bras that I found very soft and comfy.

My little God-daughter asked what they were, and I told her it was so the doctor knew where to shine the special light to make me better. After a moment’s thought, she said he could have done a better job cos they don’t join up to make a picture…

All the very best to everyone starting rads soon, and give yourselves a treat every day as a reward. And be prepared for deeply suntanned chest - it looks very strange with a pale body.

Grumpy