What is this indented line

Hi all. This is my first post. Having read through some posts I couldn’t find one that matched my story so here goes & thanks for reading. I’m a 31 year old mother of 2. Tuesday morning I felt a lump to the top left of my left breast, upon further self examination I discovered an inverted/indented line. It runs from under the nipple around the side of the breast and up to the site of the lump. Wednesday I got myself straight to the doctor (half expecting to be sent on my way home being reassured it was nothing) she seemed firstly concerned that the lump has no specific shape to it, it’s not round like I’d always imagined a lump to be it’s more like a nobbly cluster. There is no pain it’s reletivly close to the surface it’s hard and not easily moved or for want of a better word it’s not squishy. Then I showed her the line. After advising me it may be from my bra I said how it had not disappeared over night while bra less (and I’ve since been wearing a seamless bra & it’s still there) the line is exaggerated when I lift my arm and it starts to resemble what maybe a scar would look like. My left breast has always been the bigger if the two and from what I can tell it hasn’t changed in size at all but with the line it has significantly changed shape. I’m currently awaiting my 2 week referral appointment and I have to say I’m worried sick. It’s amazing to me tho how many friends (I’m being very open about it all its my way of coping) have since come foward and said I had a lump (although none with any outward sign) and it turned out to be nothing. This is however a reassurance I am trying and failing miserably to hold on to until I get my appointment & some answers. Once again thanks for reading and if anyone has any experinces of this kind Id be really grateful to hear from you. Thanks in advance.

Hi Dmcf

Welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you will find here our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you so do feel free to call to talk your concerns over. Lines are open weekdays 9-5 and Saturdays 10-2 on 0808 800 6000

Take care
Lucy BCC

<Empty imported post>

My appointment came through this morning. Monday 13th. On the countdown now