376197posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

Troymaiden

Re: What made me happy today

The student services manager at my son's college phoning up and being really helpful 'cos my son is finding life a little difficult at the moment.

(well, he does have me for a mum for starters!)

Sunshine ! ! !
It makes everything look better - even me!

Discovering all the messages on here for my appointment yesterday
THANK YOU!!

Lots of Love
Helen xxx

jaybee46

Hi
Singing Happy Birthday to my 6 year old twin grandchildren who I have not seen since the summer due to BC.( they live in the Isle of Man) Skype working well and could see they were having a good time
Wearing a scarf as my hair is falling out and being pleasantly surprised at the effect. Next big occassions fec2 ( Tuesday)Hair shaving (Wednesday) and then standing in the school playground with my wig on on Wednesday when I collect my other grandson
What a busy life we lead!
Best wishes to everyone
Janet

dancing_girl

Let us know when you'll be on air and we'll try to get you by internet or something. Congrats - I'm sure you'll be a great ambassador.
Your news has made me happy.

Stella xx

Gwendolyn

Catching up with a friend and we didn't mention BC once!

ChoccieMuffin

WEY HEY, ALTO, WAY TO GO!!!

That's fantastic news and I can completely understand the elation, and also the tears. Someone tie a string round Alto's ankle so we can pull her down off the ceiling!

What made me happy today, in a bemused kind of way, is contacting BBC Surrey who got back to me and are going to feature me and what is going on in my life through 2011 as part of their "100 Lives" season. They'll be coming to the hairdresser's on Monday when I get my long hair chopped off, I'm sure they'll follow me to various other places, and it'll give me the chance to remind people to check themselves regularly and attend their mammogram screening appointments. All of a sudden this is all getting a bit public! But it's another way to stick my middle finger up at this £$%^£^& disease. BCC have also been very helpful, just got off the phone from BCC press office, so thanks for the support.

BRILLIANT NEWS, JANE!!!

Alto

Scrub happy and replace with floating on air.

My scans are clear!!!!

I've had a slight cough for weeks now and had utterly convinced myself of the worst so when the onc told me today I almost hugged her! I certainly shed a couple of tears.

I'm now celebrating with a C&T - that's a G&T with the gin replaced with codeine for my cellulitis pain. Trust me, it has almost the same effect!

Jane xxx

Laraine

Oh you'll absolutely love Cirque du Soleil. Saw it in Sheffield, it's amazing, couldn't stop talking about it for weeks! Enjoy. xx

ratsypan

A show really cheers you up doesn't it...I'm off to see Cirque du Soleil at the Royal Albert Hall this afternoon. Grandparents are picking kids up from school so me and OH can have a meal afterwards in London.
A good day!

Laraine

Off to see Me & My Girl tonight in Sheffield. Really looking forward to it. I'm happy! xx

pinkrose

FEC 3 next Monday and my chemo nurse has agreed to try and get me Emend (just need it signing off by chief oncologist in time for Monday!) Hoorah! xx

This website is great, didn't know about Emend before and it wasn't talked about at the hospital until I mentioned it. Keep the advice and tips coming ladies!!

Rachel.

ChoccieMuffin

Blimey, friends are certainly coming out of the woodwork today!

Have had another offer of assistance from someone who just knew that I couldn't get my girlies to swimming training so offered to hunt around and arrange assistance. Bless his cottons, I just sent off the "the reason I can't drive today is because I'm recovering from cancer surgery", which will have blown the poor bloke's head off. I do feel a bit guilty for doing it, but just now received another supportive email repeating the offer of help.

Had a similar email conversation with another friend, who's just lovely. Will finally be meeting up (one of those things you promise and promise and don't get round to) some time next week just for a coffee and a catch-up.

Another friend, who sadly lost her sister to this horrible disease a few years ago, was told about my situation a couple of weeks ago. I didn't want her to find out when I finally "come out" publicly, so told her and a couple of other close friends a bit earlier. The lovely lady will be coming to the area next week, and has invited me for lunch. I predict a brilliant day, as every time we've ever been in each other's company we've ended up having those complete belly-laugh times.

A friend of mine has invited me to her wedding in May, so I've got something to look forward to very close to the end of chemo (I'm guessing).

Oh, lots of things. I'm feeling really happy today. Probably because I haven't been hit by the chemo truck yet, so no doubt things will change. But for now, today's a good day.

Ah, one final thing, and apologies for TMI. Out of surgery and in so little pain I didn't bother with codeine today, just paracetamol. So the intestines are functioning beautifully. Oh the joys of a good poo!

dancing_girl

Finally had my first TAX (5 weeks late.)Came home to find a lovely bunch of yellow tulips from a friend and son had cooked tea. We left the house this morning at 7.50am and got home at 6.10pm.

Stella

Bird

Catching up with a friend who I haven't seen for a little while and having a proper girly gossip! 🙂

Buzzy

My friends coming round with flowers, Maltesers and a bag full of comfy vest type tops with secret support because I was complaining about not being able to wear a bra due to very sore boob! They even brought a bag of pigs ears for the dog so he wouldn't feel left out!
I love my friends!

Donna_P

finding out i have critical care cover on a bank loan, 🙂

ChoccieMuffin

Really, Sarah, I would have thought you could do better, it's the HAT that's supposed to be red, the coat should be PURPLE!!!

I used to have a red coat many years ago and I really loved it. It made me feel happy and cheery whenever I wore it, however cold and miserable it was out there. Sadly it fell apart from overuse, but I think I'll keep an eye out for another red coat. Lovely idea. (Ebay, here I come!)

A parcel arriving from my sister with a lovely cheery red new coat for me 🙂

Midge

Reading a novel.

After having the concentration span of a three year old for a year. I have finally picked up a novel, read a reasonable number of pages and even retained some of the plot. Oh joy.

Alto

What made me happy today? Waking up with a near-normal temperature!! Yippee!

ChoccieMuffin

What made me REALLY happy today is that a friend who I met on another forum got her mammogram appointment letter out of the bin and booked it when she heard about me. One small triumph, but it's so important for people to keep up their appointments.

smiley60

Went to look good feel good session today-had a great time felt I looked good for the first time since dx!! Then this eve went out for a meal with a friend and laughed a lot. Hope this lovely feeling lasts!

BWD

...being piggy again. We took elder son out for a belated Christmas lunch as he was at sea on the day - our favourite restaurant - smiled 'til I got the bill but it was worth it. Raised a virtual glass to Tripp and Lif as I ate my partridge! Barbara

ChoccieMuffin

WMMHT?

1. Brilliant anaesthetist, and feeling so much more human after this surgery than last time.

2. Morphine. Wonderful.

Bird

Being told I look tired. This may sound odd to some but for me I feel like at long last someone is telling me the truth! Throughout my treatment all I have had is peeps saying - you look well ect... when I know damn well that I have looked way less than well!!!!!! I know most people just want to be polite but they know me and they know I like to be told the truth!! So I want to say thank you to the radiographer who I have seen every day for my rads for telling me I look tired! 😛

SUZYB

Congrats to chocciemuffin x lots!!
xx

ChoccieMuffin

at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear .....

Heather, got your message when I got back. Thanks for the good wishes even if the results weren't what I wanted. But at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear at least my nodes are clear ...

BWD

...after a TOTAL s.. it day y'day: tissues mangled in dark washing, blocked drain, cats knocking plates to floor and breaking them - HOW??? I have Tamoxifen brain but cats don;t.

Today - I looked over the park behind us and saw a flock of parakeets (love them 'cos they don;t like pigeons) in a tree and then a pair of geese flew over (this is London!)

This afternoon went to LGFB session at Maggie's: a disparate group of women with cancer in common. It was both play and learning how to do the slap if you have the time/energy. Much to be recommended, Barbara

Mezzomamma

Doing normal things like going to the bank, pottering round the shops for this and that. A surprise parcel in the post: a silk turban from a friend.

Troymaiden

Having my front door finally replaced - We no longer have to slam it, or wait for it to shrink if it's sunny!!

ratsypan

Helping out on my eldest son's school trip to have a tour around a theatre. Learnt lots, was great fun and a good feeling as it was the first time since being diagnosed that I have helped out at my children's school again. (whispers) Is life starting to get back to normal?

Gwendolyn

The intermittent fault that has been there on my broadband for 3 months was still being there when the man came and he's fixed it. YESSSSSS!

tors

Doing a presentation to the beauty industry at plush hotel on behalf of look good feel better charity, and getting free lunch and make up! Talk on my expert subject, me and my breast cancer experience. Could have talkedfor days!

Bird

Hi

Nymeria - congrats on the award! Thats fantastic.

What made me happy today was being giving some soothing gel for my very sore nipple!!! Its heaven in a tube!!

xx

Half_Scottish

Sophie..I think Pikey sounds adorable, bless him! I read your post out to OH, and we both laughed a lot! Pets are such a tonic, even if they're other peoples.:-) I could actually visualise Pikey rushing through the house, what a sight, bad as our dogs!
Choccie.. your story, too, made me smile Soo much, especially as (having had several cats ourselves in the past)I know just how moggies can stand their ground, and imply "don't *-+* with me!!" We had a beautiful black aristocratic looking cat called Snoopy, who we adopted when the owner was moving. Well, one of our then Jack Russells, Leggy, was overly interested in the cat, and cornered him to have a good sniff and poke.... Snoopy hissed and promptly stuck a claw into the soft bit of Leggy's nose! Oh, he did cry! OH had to come to the rescue, and remove Snoop and his claw from Leg's nose,and we never had to worry again, cats were off Leggy's list of things to explore after that.
Will PM you in a minute, CM
xx

ChoccieMuffin

I'm convinced my daughter's lab is half mouse, half chicken, he's terrified of my ginger and white moggie and won't even go in the living room if the cat's in there but stands outside the door, crying... silly mutt! He's a very friendly pooch but when he did try to be friendly, the cat smacked him right across the nose, and now the dog's terrified of him and won't go near him at all. My cat's a real hard nut and doesn't put up with dogs invading his space.

What I HOPE is going to make me happy today are my results. I'm happy I'm finally going to get them, but shaking in my boots at the moment.

triphazard99

I think my little dogs are braver than the big 'uns.. but an unexpected pig would have been a bit of a shocker, I must admit! My biggest dog, Pikey the dobe, is the biggest coward of the lot, if he's out in the garden by himself when the postie comes, he hides round the corner of the conservatory - obviously hasn't figured out that we can see through glass (!), but if one of the others is out there with him, then they'll all be paws up on the gate waiting for cuddles (fortunately we have a village postie who knows and adores them all!).

Pikey's worst moment was at about eight months old, when I let him out for a late night wee in the dark.. and nextdoor'scat was on the garden and hissed at him... darn dog came running in so fast he literally knocked my OH off his feet, shot through the house and hid in his bed. He wouldn't go out in the dark on his own for weeks...

The Heelers are cattle dogs, so cows don't faze them at all, though obviously they're on the lead near them as have never been raised as herders.. but I think a pig might give them pause for thought. If they have enough braincells for that... think I'd rather face down a cow than a pig, anyday!!

Sophie xx

Half_Scottish

P.S I'm envious of the pups, too!:-)

Half_Scottish

..Taking my turn at serving teas and coffees at our weekly get together in the village, it was the first time i've either been available, or up to it, in 9 months.:-)There were 35 of us there today, a lovely big turnout.
Yes, Choccie, Mike and I couldn't stop laughing every time we thought of our brave little dogs (Not!). I'd have elaborated more on it last night, but he was champing at the bit to get on the computer while the soaps were on! There was other little touches like Mike shining his torch on the ground, where he was holding the fence out of the way, and saying " chuck the pig nuts over in to her field" and me chucking them right ONTO the fence, instead! I thought the air would be blue, as he tried to retrieve the said nuts, and Sasha tried to guzzle them all before he managed it!
hatty, we tried for a dear little patterdale once, but the owner flipping well rang up and said he had just sold him to someone who turned up out of the blue! 😞 Fantastic little characters, and I am envious of you waiting for your eighth one! Mind you, Sasha is a rather formidable size, and it WAS dark, and she WAS on the front "lawn" where they didn't expect to see her! ( sounds like I'm making excuses? Moi?!)xx

hatty

Heather, if that had been a patterdale instead of a JR me thinks the pig may have been chops, glad all was alright and it made you happy today.
My Patterdale Bess has her pups in 9 days that makes me happy every day.

ChoccieMuffin

WMMHT, or perhaps you could say WMMPT.

A very nice bottle of Rioja that I'd forgotten I'd bought.

I would probably have forgotten I'd drunk it if it weren't for the slightly dull head that I expect I'll have tomorrow...

ChoccieMuffin

Heather - these little dogs who think they're big dogs show their true size when faced with a pig! Very funny, I can see them all now!

Gwendolyn - if you could bottle it you'd be a millionaire. Enjoy it, bask in it, and acknowledge that you DESERVE it!

WMMHT? A very tasty Rioja. Makes typing a bit of an adventure (but I'm to anal to let a typo get by so it takes ages to type a message!)

Troymaiden

Receiving a card from the lovely people I worked with until 2 years ago 'cos they'd heard of my Dx and wanted to show their support!

My fantastic neighbour, who invited me in for a cup of tea & I had a lovely long chat with her.

xx Helen xx

Gwendolyn

Felt happy for absolutely no reason - first time since dx!

Half_Scottish

Just had to share this experience with you all.. OH let our jack Russells out a little while ago, as usual, but Daisy came rushing in, tail between legs, and barking, followed by Bonnie running as fast as we've ever seen her go!... OH looked out to see why, and saw our huge Kune pig had got out of her field and was standing on the grass at the front of our house, in the dark!! Talk about fierce dogs, they were petrified, and I suspect Bonnie had wet herself all the way home, because she's weak bladdered with excitement of any sort! We enticed Sasha back to her field with the rattle of a jug of pig nuts, but unfortunately had to put the battery back on her fence so she won't try it again, hopefully.
LOL!
Heather.xx

nymeria

Receiving an award for my bc blog! I'm stunned as I didn't think anyone would be interested in it! 🙂

It's almost as good as getting to 5pm and NOT throwing up today! 😄

looking_lovely

cooking some delicious and healthy food ,well eating it ,really

Half_Scottish

Having a filling at the Dentist's this morning and feeling relaxed about it! LOL! Figured it was nothing compared to bc and the treatment for it.:-)
xx

hatty

the fish pie im about to eat lol.....

ChoccieMuffin

A nice long walk on the common with OH's dog. She's now very grubby and curled up snoring in her basket. (If the basket were a bit bigger I'd tell her to move over and join her!)

Bird

Seeing my Mum and her fella xx