370942posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What made me happy today

lella

Re: What made me happy today

Reading about what ChoccieMuffin's fab daughter is doing ... not only raising money for Cancer Research but spreading the word among her school friends - brill. You must be SO proud of her CM!

lolly73

My onc has referred me to a plastic surgeon who will remove my rads tattoos by laser on the nhs. So excited, fed up of looking at 4 blue smudges that everyone sees in the summer.

Mezzomamma

It was yesterday, but....

The young doctor who was doing my echocardiogram (ultrasound) commented that I was thin, which made his job easier. He was only looking at my breastbone and ribs, unfortunately, but it was so nice to be called thin for the first time in 40 or so years!

Cheryl

ChoccieMuffin

Haha, Lif. Was on again very briefly today chatting to the afternoon show presenter about how awful it is to be waiting for results. Again. I should keep my gob shut now - she said "and you must let us know your results". Not sure I will...

It's also leaked out places I hadn't intended, my niece saw it on Eleanor's facebook. Ooops! So I now have to phone her mum this evening. Better get on with that then, eh.

lostinfrance

Wicked! You and her are a good team...you were brill on the radio!!

ChoccieMuffin

I'm absolutely astounded. My girlie phoned another local radio station here in Guildford. We had a chat with the DJ who I've chatted to over the years, and he broadcast about "Ellie's Hair-raiser" on air. And some complete stranger donated £200! Speechless.

The generosity of strangers is a joy to witness and leaves me feeling very small.

So far she's raised £1383.27, and has raised her target to £2000. I reckon she's going to completely smash that as she's doing a cake sale on Monday (she printed off posters to stick around the school) and is even considering taking her little assembly talk to other schools in the area to increase awareness. Not quite sure what else she might be planning.

Donna_P

fantastic Bird
i had a large basket of fruit delivered, then my sister popped over with new jim jams, dressing gown and bed socks for me,
i love my family sooo much and find myself very lucky to have wonderful support,

Bird

Finishing my radiotherapy! woohoo! Going to celebrate with bubbles this weekend - hangover here I come! 🙂

ChoccieMuffin

Meeting Peachez, just after her FEC2.

Booking a massage for next Thursday.

All sorts of things!

Troymaiden

Seeing a friend for lunch that I haven't seen in ages and really having a laugh!

evie2007

That my daughters spots that cover her head to toe is not chicken pox, just a bug, so we dont need to be in quarantine!!

Alto

Seeing that Ellie is only about £50 off her increased target of £1000! Go Ellie!!!!!

Jane xxx

Welsh_girl

Coming back on to post again after considerable time out of action with broken arm and damaged hand. (plasters on both!)
So very very wonderful to be welcomed back so positively...
Feeling so very much better for it as the past month has been very lonely!!!

The people here are so very supportive and wonderful examples of a great society!

Wx

ChoccieMuffin

So many messages of support even from the strangest directions, since I publicly "outed" myself and the cancer. I haven't had a single negative comment or response from people who now know (well not that I've noticed but I can be a bit "fick" that way!) and I'm gobsmacked by the kindness people have shown. Could it be because I'm not actually sick yet? Dunno, but it's very heartening.

Gwendolyn

Having a free massage at my local cancer centre and knowing I can have 5 more.

Janvis

Having lunch with my 20year old daughter who has been an absolute star - helping me out everyday and being my physical and emotional support through this.

crazy_cat_lady

Being back at work, with all my lovely work pals, big hugs all round x

Donna_P

two lads saying "HELLO GORGEOUS" blimey im old enough to be there mom,

ratsypan

Going shopping with one of my oldest school friends and buying some new clothes which I actually feel confident in, and having such a laugh all day.

ratsypan

Going shopping with one of my oldest school friends and buying some new clothes which I actually feel confident in, and having such a laugh all day.

Bird

For the first time in what feels like a lifetime of being bald as a coot I have a noticable front hairline! YaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY!!! 🙂

triphazard99

Hey, let it run.. means you still have eyelashes to put mascara on..:) xxx

ChoccieMuffin

OMG! I've just looked and so many people have donated, including so many of you lovely ladies, and lots of my swimming friends. I'm now sitting here dripping tears on my keyboard, I feel completely humbled. (Must mop up, runny mascara's not a good look.)

triphazard99

What has made me happy is seeing how much Ellie has raised.. just today, and knowing what a massive smile that will put on such a fab child's face.. CM, if I were her mum I'd be blubbing with pride!!

ChoccieMuffin

I really am SO proud of her. I booked her hair appointment today when I finished having mine chopped. She's prepared a school assembly that she's doing for all the different year groups at her school next week, and she's going to print off some little leaflets that she and her sister are giving to all their teachers, so she's really going at this in a big way. I suppose it's her way of doing something that matters.

What made me happy today (apart from my lovely children), is that I now have a lovely haircut, which I'll probably hang onto for several weeks. (I know, I should have done it ages ago, but I was still sad about it because of WHY I had it cut off.)

Alto

CM, reading what your daughter has written on her Just Giving site is wonderful!

What's also made me happy today is the arrival of my parents to spoil me for a few days!

Jane xxx

crazy_cat_lady

What a lovely little girl you have cm, you must be very proud 🙂

ChoccieMuffin

What made me happy - well proud, more like - is this thing that my lovely daughter has done. Brings a tear to my eye, and has also made it easier for me to "come out" to various people I deal with but am not extremely close to, without having to tell people in my own words. And her hair is really thick and luxurious so it is a pretty big thing for her to cut it all off.

http://www.justgiving.com/EllieRichards

evie2007

Just dance on the Wii made me happy today!Totally hilarious and totally good work out!

BWD

...Annie 22 - my cupboards need cleaning but afraid that during the sleepless hrs last night didn't give them a thought! So happy I have a friend who enjoys housework and has regularly changed beds when my arm wasn't up to it.

What really made me happy today was seeing eldest off to Cuba this morning. Barbara

pinkrose

Stranger saying they loved my hair cut ... Oh yes you've guessed it I was wearing my wig!

Bird

Getting on my pink overalls and working on my hubbys car. Love the smell of engine oil!

Annie22

sad to say....that I feel a real sense of achievement in that my post-FEC (3/6) non-sleep last night meant that my kitchen cupboards are emptied of all the out of date packets and tins. Not that I can taste anything that is left in the cupboards - but hey...small victories!!

Annie

ChoccieMuffin

I completely relate to that, MG. (And I like the fact that you're initials are a classic sporty car. Always wanted an MG when I was a kid...)

From first diagnosis I've found it really difficult to think about anything else for more than a few minutes without BC intruding, so it was a real relief to be distracted for several hours, and with such an enjoyable day too. I had been umm-ing and ahh-ing about whether I should go, but so glad I did.

Mary_grace

xx

ChoccieMuffin

WWMHT was also WMMKT, as I'm feeling a bit pooped.

I had a whole day of doing stuff that I did before this bloody disease stuck its nose into my life and thoroughly enjoyed it, and was even able to forget about it for a while, until boob started hurting because of repeated bending over to pick something up off the floor. But co-codamol has had another outing, and it was most definitely worth it as I had a blast.

BWD

Being invited by friend to a 'leftovers supper' which meant neither of us had to cook!Barbara

Buzzy

Coffee, cake and retail therapy with my lovely friend. just what the doctor ordered!

happy_cat

I picked up a lovely grey kitten today, now needing a new home like the other rescue cats
love to all

jackx

I recieved the results of my 3 year mammo and I'm really happy today!

Take care everyone

Alto

Back on the subject of friends!

This morning I've had some beautiful flowers delivered completely unexpectedly from an old school friend. I haven't seen her for 25 years and I found her through Facebook a couple of weeks before my DX in December.

What a lovely thing for her to do!

Jane xxx

lincs_lady

can i join and do one for yesterday?
had my hair trimmed and highlighted for the 1st time. love it and feel a bit more like me!
today-breakfast in bed with my son and no school run!

Mezzomamma

It was yesterday, but my adult son who doesn't normally phone home often, phoned to see how I was getting on and when he would need to be 'on call' this weekend following FEC2 because the OH is going up to Manchester most of today (Sat) and won't be home till late.

And hey! I'm 1/3 through chemo now.

sarah68

Hi all!

Message to Chocciemuffin - Good Luck for your TV thing on Monday - You Go Girlfriend!!(Gok Wan moment!)

It's excellent that "ordinary"(ie not celebs!) people like you have the confidence to be pro-active and do things like interviews etc.to raise bc awareness.

All the best, Sarahxx

corydory

I love this thread. XXX
What made me happy today was finally waking up knowing that we had a plan of action for my OH who dx prostrate cancer 2 days before Christmas and for the 1st time in 7 weeks we can relax. I have my 2 year assessment next tuesday so all being well its celebrations all round. XXX 🙂

Alto

Well done chocciemuffin - we'd better get you one of those chairs with your name on the back!

Good on you for making people aware. My DX has seriously shaken up a lot of my friends who are mostly under 50 and made them really think about their own health.

And no, I haven't come down off the ceiling yet but the weight of the chocolate I'm going to eat when DH gets home later (to make up for the alcohol he'll have but I can't) might just pull me down!

Jane xxx

lesleyx

Lying in bed watching Andy Murray winning his semi-final.

BWD

...having a pyjama day by choice (not default), a gd book and a fish and chip supper. Oh and a Jura nightcap. G'night friends, Barbara

ChoccieMuffin

One of these days I'll learn NOT to act on the spur of the moment! I just sent an email this morning, took 30 seconds, and it all happened from then. Silly me! 8-D

Should be some time on Monday morning, though I don't know if it's going out "live" or whether they record it and edit things. (I'd better make sure I don't swear if it's not a recorded thing...)

pinkrose

Wey to go Chocciemuffin - you local celeb. Let us know when it is so I can tune in! Publicity is good, I wish I had your confidence though, it would scare me!

Rachel